Adventurers Wanted! The Games must go on! (D&D 5e)

Started by Inerrant Lust, March 02, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaegar14

Lucretia von Grimm, Chosen of the Dark One
Race: Human
Class: Fiend Patron Warlock (primarily)
Background: Entertainer

History: Serra was born an utterly ordinary girl to human parents in one of the largest cities on the continent. Though not quite homeless, her parents were desperately poor, and many nights, a young Serra went to bed hungry despite their best efforts. For as long as she can remember, Serra has been surrounded by the Games, the favored pastime of nobles and peasants alike. Some of her earliest memories are of sitting on her father's shoulders, watching the daring heroes and heroines face off against mortal danger to compete for fame and fortune while he peddled whatever he could to try and feed his family.

As Serra grew older, she developed talents as an actress, and as a teenager, her good looks and convincing performance earned her a position among one of the city's theater troupes, though by no means a particularly large or famous one. For a time, things were better; she and her family were still poor, but there was always food on their table. Still, it was not to last. As the Games continued to grow in popularity, Serra's troupe could no longer compete, and their director went bankrupt. On the evening of the troupe's final performance, Serra portrayed their play's principle heroine, a knight named Lady Agatha who died in an act of heroic sacrifice at the story's end. After that final performance, she was approached by a viewer, a merchant who sponsored small-time adventurers in the Games.

After complimenting Serra on her performance, the man offered her a one-game contract for an amateur adventure. Serra was taken aback; she was hardly qualified. The merchant, however, insisted that the Games were a form of entertainment and required little real skill, and that she could ride on her talents as a performer to gain favor. Warriors are a dime a dozen in the Games, but it's only the characters that go far. After making his offer, the merchant told Serra his place of business and asked her to consider it. After a few days' thought, Serra found the merchant's shop and accepted his deal. Her new sponsor outfitted her in some basic equipment and funded the most basic of training, then arranged for her first adventure.

This first adventure culminated in a battle with a few skeleton minions. Though Serra's team was triumphant, she was the only adventurer eliminated from the Game. It had seemed that the merchant had exaggerated; Serra's lack of skill was indeed a problem in the Games. Still, viewers enjoyed watching her fail, so the merchant gave her a few more chances. All of them ended the same, with Serra eliminated before victory; and each time, she was denied her payment for her loss. Her sponsor was feeding her, but her parents were starving, and Serra grew increasingly desperate. She began to lose hope.

It was during this time that Serra was approached by a mysterious figure offering her the power to win. Only she knows how the deal was negotiated, or the price she paid. What is known, however, is that during her next adventure, Serra called herself by a new name; Lucretia von Grimm. Over the course of this adventure, Lucretia revealed magical powers she had not been seen using before, and with them she triumphed with ease.

Thrilled at her performance, the merchant eagerly offered her a contract for another game. Lucretia fell whole-heartedly into her new persona; Serra was a sweet, soft-spoken, and kind-hearted girl. Lucretia, on the other hand, was impulsive, merciless, and cocky. Lucretia had flair, but most importantly, she also had real power. Lucretia was fun to watch because she had the skill to back up her persona, and she quickly gained notoriety in the amateur circuit.

After a few more adventures with the merchant as her sponsor, Lucretia has been approached by a more prestigious sponsor offering her a higher-profile adventure -- her chance to take the next step in her career. Lucretia eagerly accepted this opportunity, and waits impatiently to meet her new companions in whatever the next Game has to offer her.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Chulanowa

well, I've decided I'll reprise another character of mine, and go with a
male hobling
... something (probably barbarian multiclass?) He might end up a very slim half-orc. Either way, he's green, has teeth and... other features  ;D

Etherealgirl

Poet

Backstory: 

"We are born of the Blood, and we die of the Blood.."

Words that the assassin guild known as "The Order" goes by. Poet was just a mute street urchin, scraping by day to day and avoiding rape. It was the Order that took her in, and gave her purpose. A normally secretive organization of talented cut throats, Poet quickly fell into their ranks. She thrived under the tutelage of stealth, deception, and murder.

Poet quickly rose through the ranks, taking to the training like a bird takes to flight. Small, nimble, and a calm-almost disconnected-personality made her one of the Order's proudest disciples. When it came to joining the Order fully, Poet had to kill her first person. The man she killed was some dock worker whom she watched for days. He had a family, and friends and on the third night Poet killed him. It didn't sit well with the young assassin, killing for no reason, and to this day she is still haunted by it.

More recently, The Order, capitalizing on the Game, decided to enroll Poet into the spectacle. With her skills, and their financial backing, the Order could become a quick 'cash for murder' enterprise. Some of the older members of The Order do not agree with this, wishing to remain in the shadows, but anyone who opposed The Order's new leader, ended up dead.

Tichondrius, the Order's leader knows what the people want. Sex and death. Poet would be walking advertisement for them. Utilizing the organizations view on the less armor the better, Poet would be eye candy and a cold reminder of the business opportunities the Order could offer.

Laughing Hyena

Jarek Shatterspine

Personality: Shatterspine is the epitome of stylish close quarters combat. It is all about the show for him when he is working. He is boisterous, direct and an utter showman. He knows he's there to entertain and as such he considers adventuring for what it is. A sport, akin to gladiator combat and the monsters are the opponents and the guilds are his sponsors. He likes the spotlight and seeks to remain within it as much as possible. Inside or outside of the sport he has built his life around he is quite ruthless in his conquests for to show mercy would displease the fans as the next adventure is always around the corner and determined as he is he intends to keep his star burning as bright as possible and keep rising through the fields.

Outside of the adventuring spotlight he is quite the rich nobleman as he had invested much of his earnings into living quite high off the hog so to speak. His money goes into luxuries and his job whenever possible. Often spending time with drink, food and pleasurable company. He lives by his reputation in the adventuring circuits and often is quite direct in explaining things to people, to the point of insensitivity. The truth comes out with him quite easily and to deny that is to deny himself. This life is all he knows or cares for and goes tooth and nail to defend it and himself.

Should he find alluring females he is quite lecherous but also quick with his tongue though he may have rotten luck in such endeavors all the same because of it. He isn't put down quickly by rejection however as little stops him from simply moving on. He considers every woman a new challenge akin to the sport and is exceptionally dominant but there are lines he refuses to cross and he refuses to compromise his own unspoken rules of conduct and may the gods have mercy on those who would try to force that issue.

Backstory: Jarek started arriving in the public eye in a minor role as a rookie "adventurer" starring in what was supposed to be a TPK feature event. The reason why was because being a noble within orc Scoiety meant one always was looking to get ahead of the competition. So one day as he hoped to star in an adventuring career of his own out of sheer boredom, a rival saw an opportunity to off Jarek Shatterspine. His men were to capture him, along with several other inconspicuous people that would not be missed, and alter the orcs appearance so that he was not able to be easily recognized. Once done the rival noble would pay a director handsomely to have a snuff adventure. Arrange a total party kill to make the death seem of Jarek's own volition. The formula for this was simple, get a bunch of novice adventurers to star in it with the promise of good money and good opportunity, and then get them all humiliated, exposed, abused and then killed off. It was incredible for ratings and it was quick cash for the director.

Jarek Shatterspine however was a orc at heart and after realizing the amount of danger they were in within the first encounter after a rather aggressive start in the challenge, he rallied the remaining party in an attempt to not just try and survive the adventure but escape the proverbial death sentence. That was their only chance. Jarek helped them escape from the dungeons first then made their way up into the caverns where the ruins were held. They avoided as much conflict as they could by turning the dungeon's monsters and traps against the others to try and kill two birds with one stone, solved the riddles with logic and guile and when needed ran like hell to escape. In short playing smart and not going all half cocked.

Losses were about half way through the party when they got near the caves entrance only to find that the director had sealed them in to try and make sure they couldn't escape. It was through his remaining companions however that Jarek survived as they braved an underground river in hopes of finding another way out through the waters. Each of them used Water Breathing to keep themselves alive at the point where they had to pull through the waters by a chain, air bubbles when they had to rely on that and stayed as close to the shallows as much as humanly possible. It was incredibly lucky Jarek survived all of it and the price was all but two of his companions. The remaining were all dead, enslaved, or worse. Upon reaching daylight they ran for their lives to try and put it behind them.

Jarek however could not let go of the horrors inflicted upon him by the director and swore revenge. Of which he has not yet gotten. That hellish adventure however gave him cult fame and vast experience and now being seasoned found legitimate sponsors. His formerly gentleman's persona was replaced by a ruthless man who thrives on aggression and ruthless executions whilst wearing what seems like minimal armor, relying on speed to win victories. Of which he did constantly. His fury within combat was fueled by his will of survival and anger by the first adventure he ever took part on. Whilst this has cooled over time and forged him into a now stylish adventurer of considerable wealth and enjoys the good life it brings, few would recall those times when that TPK director mentally scarred him. Perhaps its all an act in an attempt to hide the horrors experienced or they have twisted him into this state. Either way he continues his life and his hunt for the one who changed his life for good.

… Or at the very least that the fabricated gimmick he is going to go with. Indeed the whole thing was a fabrication for Jarek's adventuring career. The truth is far more mundane and downright petty. Dueling was losing a lot of it's enjoyment and the high life isn't quite so glamorous as it appears to the common folk. He basically got into adventuring because frankly he is completely and utterly bored and is a massive thrill seeker. However he is rich and he is capable as a swordsman and he brings both brutality and wits with him into battle.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 05, 2015, 04:30:28 PM
LH, your sheet is showing up blank.

Im aware of that. Im working on the sheet last after getting backstory and personality out of the way.

And we are done! Sheets all fixed up and ready.

la dame en noir

I haven't played DnD in such a long time =.= I think I will follow this thread!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Etherealgirl

Autocad

I'll be putting up an application today. Also, is there any last word on the starting level / gear / etc.?

Etherealgirl

Level 1 I believe. Standard starting gear with background and class?

Inerrant Lust

Rikka; Looks good. :P Very much a character that would be popular due to her exotic appeal, I think. And not just because I had a similar idea when I was thinking about writing this idea outside of a game format.  ::)

CeruleanSerenity: Fair enough. But yeah, level 3. And outlander would work fine, either as someone on the main continent to the east. (The Wildlands, they are known, and the last place you'll find stuff like centaurs, minotaurs, and all those usual things in a D&D game.) ...or someone on the newly discovered continent to the south, which is tropical. I believe Rikka's Ange is from there. I had in mind a meso-american style aesthetic and Yuan-ti are all over there. :P To the east in the Wildlands, probably more of a greek myth influence.

Yeah, you would be able to pick out your equipment using starting wealth. I trust you to roll it wherever. :P As an aside, wealth and equipment would work weird in this game. At low levels, you probably wouldn't have much. But sponsors will eventually want to arm and armor you so you don't make them look bad. Later on, adventurers start using gear from a certain smith or craft guild. Of course, those smiths and guilds will be advertised and pitched during the scryings...

Rhaegar14: I like it. I am curious to know more about her first adventure.. and was there any witnesses to her deal with the devil? If the adventure was being scryed, I do not imagine she'd be in the good graces of a lot of people. While there are evil adventurers and adventurers who probably consort with devils, there are very few openly evil ones.. or openly devil-consorting ones. ;) Granted, there are probably a lot of adventurers who hint about such things as part of their on-stage persona. They might even be pretty open about it, but they aren't being arrested constantly because there's the possibility it's one big act. ;)

Chulanowa; I dig it. :P Gimme teh fluff!

Etherealgirl: Might be a bit too... loli. Especially considering the image and that high elves reach adulthood at about 100 years.. Also the background might be a bit dark. I would say the setting is actually somewhat utopian. At least on the surface. You can probably tell that the Games have their own set of problems, but for he most part, the abundance of magic and technology are pretty good for the standard of living. That being said, I like the idea of a group like the Order using the Games as more or less an advertisement tool- but for the most part that would attract a lot of negative press. Killing and death happens during the Games, even in competitive 'PvP' events... but only because it's for sport. If the Ministry found out an assassin's guild was using their Games for business, they'd act pretty quickly. No place is exactly corrupt enough where murder is legal, even if you know the king/queen/mayor/ect. :P

The closest would probably be the Theocratic Union, where murders and power-grabs happen quite a bit.. but always behind closed doors and under the guise of elegant pageantry. A few brawls and scuffles and duels of honor occur, and when someone dies as a result, there are often lasting consequences for that person/family.

Hyena: Everything about that is pretty spot-on with how I imagined orc/Theocratic Union 'politics' and the seedy underbelly of low-budget snuff adventuring. Sounds like his first adventure was pretty much the Tomb of Horrors. :P Gaaah, I just read the part where all that is a lie. It's amazing though, and you had me fooled. ;) Most assuredly that story would get him some popularity. Like the image... save for the goatee. Shame that, but not a big deal. ;)

Autocad: Level 3. For now, use just starting wealth/gear.

A note to everyone... I think I will be running one group of five or so people, and ShadowFox89 will be running another group. His group will probably include more Non-Con and might cater a bit more to the bondage taste so if you have a preference for that, be sure to let us know. :P

Errr, did I miss anything?

DomJoe

I personally don't mind non con, but heavy bondage is one of my turn offs (I really should link the O&O post I made into my signature).

If the bondage isn't going to be that heavy, then I'd be down for either group. Otherwise, stick me in your group, Inerrant. I'm also glad to see we'll be able to have alot of players for this RP~

ExisD

Should we come up with some of the adventures that happen between levels 1 and 3, the things that our characters have gotten known for, or leave that nebulous?

Also, should we roll for hp or take the average.

I also don't mind non-con, but don't really like bondage too much.

rikka

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 05, 2015, 09:44:55 PM
Rikka; Looks good. :P Very much a character that would be popular due to her exotic appeal, I think. And not just because I had a similar idea when I was thinking about writing this idea outside of a game format.  ::)

Is folk hero okay with her, or is Ange more suited for the outlander background?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Inerrant Lust

ExisD: If it pleases you. :P Take average HP.

Rikka: Folk Hero works just fine. Could have done something heroic like slain some big beast that was troubling her tribe before she stowed away.

ExisD

Alrighty, I'm all up to date stats wise.

I'll figure out pre-game adventures in a bit. Would anyone else have been looking for teammates early on in their careers?

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ExisD on March 05, 2015, 10:53:59 PM

I'll figure out pre-game adventures in a bit. Would anyone else have been looking for teammates early on in their careers?

I would not mind that.

DomJoe

Quote from: ExisD on March 05, 2015, 10:53:59 PM

I don't think Shala would have that many allies, unless if they showed an interest in her dojo.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: DomJoe on March 03, 2015, 10:54:42 PM
I know there's alot of interest for this RP already, but I'm throwing my hat into here as well. Maybe a monk character who needs to get quick coin in order to keep her dojo in business, possibly to advertise it a bit better as well.

Off topic: Laughing Hyena, did you use to go to the Legend of Krystal forums? I'm certain I've seen the same user name and profile pic there as well.

I still do but its a touch slow now there for me.

ShadowFox89

Bondage is going to be a thing insofar as being tied up or down, but no heavy long bondage scenes. Talking with Inerrant about the idea of, instead of dying and having to remake a character/wait for a res/out of the game, having a "bad end" where you character is molested rather than dead.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

Ridiculous Battle Costumes

REALLY ridiculous battle costume

Slacking
Ogzi Thorn
(AKA Derk the Destined)
Hobling barbarian Adventurer!
(Sheet)

Background: Some adventurers are born into desperate poverty. others are born on the battlefield. Still others are descendants of gods or dragons. Sometimes though, they are born in a nondescript village with a doula tutting nearby, because a halfling and a goblin loved each other very very much. In fact pretty much everything about Ogzi's past was pretty bland, aside from the fact he was unusually tall for a hobling (four feet and six inches) and that it turns out he was pretty handy with an oven.
   He could have melted into obscurity like so many others, but no! That would not do for Ogzi? Having watched no small number of scried Adventures in his dozen-and-some years, he often fancied of his role in the affair. But alas, opportunity never seemed to rise, and he kept making a living on hte leavening of his loaves, and odd jobs, and other frustrating mundanities.
   Until he found the recruitment flier, gambled with people who probably don't take losing very well, and worked his hump off to get his Adventurer's license! Oh sure, it's taken a few cosmetic changes - Ogzi Thorn appears to the viewers as Derk the Destined, a barbaric tribesman from Lands Far Off™, in trademark horned helmet and random weapons (usually spiky!) but hey, that's showbusiness! Deep down inside, he's still the same old lovable Ogzi, right? Right?
   Well yes, actually.

The Interview
"Are you tired of living in fear that maybe that HOUSECAT is going to slit your throat while you sleep?
Are you tired of earning one silver piece a day doing unskilled labor while all the cool people go out on [/u]ADVENTURES?
Do you want to go out and earn THOUSANDS OF GOLD PIECES for HALF A DAY'S WORK?
Do you want to slay DRAGONS, bed foreign maidens, and plunder ancient dungeons?

If you said YES to any of these questions, you are eligible to be taken on contract in a local adventurer's guild TODAY. For just 10 insignificant gold pieces each, Rygar & Morvald Adventuring Guild Agency will set you up with a client and a sponsor to begin adventuring THE VERY NEXT DAY. Parties in excess of three members get a 2 gold discount!"
"Oh hell yes!" Ogzi breathed. He opened his hand, looking at, yup, one silver piece. And he still had pretzel dough under his nail! He slipped the coin into his pocket and gnawed the hardened flour out as he stared at the flyer. Ten gold pieces wasn't so insignificant, really. But he could maybe sell his belongings down on the Eei Bay. And there was that gnome wizard whose ads insisted you didn't really need kidneys... Ogzi shrugged. He'd figure it out! There was a harsh ripping noise as he yanked the flyer from its place on the signpost... leaving half of it ON the post. "Shoot. That always works in the books..." He gingerly removed that half, too, and scurried off to see about financing his dreams.

Some dream. Here he sat in a stuffy waiting room. A shaky-looking elf had just gotten called in, leaving Ogzi next in line. After him... Ogzi turned to evaluate the competition... A gnomish man, fez cocked low to his brow, wobbling his head to make the tassel sway. Most unusually, the gnome wore a pork chop tied around his neck. The hobling stared, unnoticed, and was just about to ask, when the interviewer's door swung open and a voice called, "Mr. Thorn?" Shaken from his bafflement, Ogzi hopped to his feet and passed the elf as he existed, looking completely stricken. Oh boy, what am I doing... Ogzi had time ot wonder before the door closed shut behind him.
   "Mr. Ogzi Thorn," the interviewer mused, her eyes on a form. Ogzi swallowed, watching the stunning half-elven woman as she perused. Afte a moment, she lifted a quill. "What is your profession, mr. Thorn?"
   "Oh! Uhm, I'm... I'm a pastry chef, ma'am..." Ogzi started, wincing inwardly. Pastry chefs don't go on adventures!
   "Mmmm. Pasty chefs don't go on adventures, mr. Thorn." Damn. She lifted her eyes up, then down to his height. "What brings you to my office, exactly. I didn't order any turnovers."
   Ogzi fought the blush of embarrassment. "Well, ma'am, it was either this or I would have to gnaw my own leg off to get out of that job..."
   The interviewer made a note. "Oh, would you... Well, that's something. It says here you enjoy... badminton?" an incredulous look from those ice-chip elven eyes.
   "Badminton and dodgeball, ma'am. I mean, I didn't ENJOY the dodgeball, see, I had this coach, and he had a sack of wrenches, and every time we-"
   "How many basilisks have you slain?" the half-elf interrupted, peering down her nose at the hobling.
   "B-beg pardon?" Ogzi stammered, nearly biting his tongue.
   "Basilisks. Lizards, of a sort, that turn their foes to stone with but a look. How. Many. have. You. Slain?"
   Ogzi stared, and cleared his throat. "Well. I once told off my Aunt Mazel after she got drunk and started a row on yuletide..."
   "And is your aunt Mazel a basilisk?"
   "Well, she kind of looks like one, in the right light? And she has this, you know, stare..." Ogzi shifted on his feet as the interviewer made another note on her paper. This was not going well.
   "Mister Thorn, have you ever held a sword?"
   "Lots of times!" Ogzi's chest puffed a bit, confident in his answer.
   "Have you ever held one when you weren't checking it into the cloakroom for someone else?" Ogzi's chest deflated and he could only mumble a reply. There was another pause as she wrote more. "And what, oh do tell, do you think you could bring to our organization?"
   "Oh! well! I was planning on taking a role as a paladin! I always wanted to be the big hero, you know, center stage, helping my party out, and..." Ogzi started ticking off one by one on his fingers.
   "Have you ever considered being a berserker?" The interviewer lifted a golden brow.
   "A bers... what? No, I've... Oh, how about a monk, you know, I could fly through the air with feet of fury and have wise sayings, like... hiyaaa!" Ogzi made a few chops and kicks in the air.
   "Yes, but have you considered a life of a berserkergang?"
   "What's a bers.. oh. A monk does not berserk" Ogzi huffed indignantly, seating his knuckles on his hips.
   "Well, we have an opening for a berserker."
   Well, that's just great Ogzi thought. He pursed his lips, and was just about to speak up again, when the blonde half-elf beat him to it.
   "Mr. Thorn, you seem to have no qualifications whatsoever. You baked cakes, got bored, and now you want to run off and fight dragons as a paladin. Not even one - one basilisk slain!" She eyed him over, one brow lifting. "Strip."
   "See, I was hoping to start on the bottom, get some experience and work my way up, maybe start with a skinny kob- wait, what?!" Ogzi's hands went to the buttons of his shirt, protectively.
   "Strip. If you're going to get eaten by a grue - and it happens more often than you think - I want our viewers go get the most of their darkvision, if nothing else. And frankly," she tapped the sheet, "Your options are limited. Let's see what the viewers might have to look forward to."
   A red flush burned beneath his green cheeks. For a moment, Ogzi hesitated... but you know what? This was show business. Swallowing thickly,, he began unfastening belts and unhooking buttons, shicking out of his (inexpensive) finery, ending with his undergarments shed atop that borrowed suit, both hands cupped as best he could over his groin.
   For a long moment, silence reigned in the office. Finally, the half-elf reached over to touch the message stone on her desk. "Chloe?"
   "Yes, Ms. Illivulliel?" came the voice of the receptionist though the magic of the stone.
   "Cancel my two o'clock. Something... is coming up." The elf's eyebrow rose as well.
   "Very well,. What should I do with Pork Chop?"
   "Well, he's been there two days, a few more hours won't hurt him..." The interviewer lifted her finger from the device and smiled at Ogzi. "We may have an opening for you after all, Ogzi."
   Ogzi gulped, and let his hands fall away.

Some undetermined time later, Ogzi left the interview office with a spring in his step and a soreness in his back, and a license in his pocket (as a berserker, naturally...). The gnome was still sitting there, still watching his tassel. This time, Ogzi had to ask... "Hey, what's... what's with the pork chop?"
   "I want to be a werewolf!" the gnome replied with a squawk, never looking away from his fez's tassel.
   Today had been a strange day, and Ogzi pressed his lips together as he left the office, determined to not make it any stranger...

Personality - Ogzi Thorn: Ogzi's a nice young man, really; he reads, he bakes, he writes and loves to dance, even (and he's pretty good at it, or so he's been told.) generally he's easygoing and friendly, though trends towards shyness in new groups or social situations - he's still not used to the "lifestyle" of an Adventurer. One development of his time "acting" though, is he's actually found some respect for his tribal heritage, however distant and diluted it might be - He's fiercely loyal and protective of his parties, both former and current, and while he'll happily laugh and trade insultsdirected at him, such bad attitudes towards his friends might get someone a foot to the groin.

Personality - Derk the Destined: Clad only in a loincloth and the horned helmet of his savage ancestors, it's Derk the destined! Hailing from the snarling wilderness of the far north, he is a brooding, dangerous predator, a wolf given humanoid form! Hundreds of skinny kobolds EVIL BASILISKS have fallen beneath his blades and bludgeons! SEE! him take on the armies of the Ghoul Lord Axenthertaupt! WITNESS! his rage unleashed upon those who would enslave his people! AWE! at the savage nobility as he stands alone and wounded to protect his fellows! LOVE! as the fair elven maidens of the Golden River thank him for defeating the river trolls of ancient! DERK THE DESTINED - lover! fighter! Savage! HERO! This SUNDAY at The Arena of Elemental EVIL! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Description: Some people have lost bets on what, exactly, Ogzi is. he's either unusually tall for a hobling, or unusually short for a half-orc. Four and a half feet tall mark him as a veritable giant among either of his parents' kin, and lends extra credence to his being a "Wildman from the savage north!" Most of that is, of course, show armor and gimiscky war-paint (and some of the argument is due to his wearing loincloths in battle.) Underneath the armor, he's apparently inherited the best features of both heritages; large, bright amber eyes, set into an impish youthful face that is quick to smile, dotted with a few freckles, some shades darker than the rest of his green skin. A pair of pointed ears poke out from his mob of of dark hair. Even when not "On Adventure," he's taken to wearing light clothing, or as little as he can, happy to show off the physique his new lifestyle has gotten form him - sleek, athletic muscles on an agile frame, almost feminine in some respects, at least out of costume.

Rhaegar14

Rhaegar14: I like it. I am curious to know more about her first adventure.. and was there any witnesses to her deal with the devil? If the adventure was being scryed, I do not imagine she'd be in the good graces of a lot of people. While there are evil adventurers and adventurers who probably consort with devils, there are very few openly evil ones.. or openly devil-consorting ones. ;) Granted, there are probably a lot of adventurers who hint about such things as part of their on-stage persona. They might even be pretty open about it, but they aren't being arrested constantly because there's the possibility it's one big act. ;)

I am fine with refining it (though we may want to discuss it over PM, rather than crowd the thread). The important thing was that she had her debut before she became Lucretia; I want to play with the whole corruption theme. Serra was a sweet girl, but Serra was powerless. With the power of her Pact and the mask of Lucretia to hide behind, I want to explore how much of her behavior is just her embracing the role; where does her persona end and her true self begin? As she becomes more powerful and successful, will she be able to keep them apart?
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

CeruleanSerenity

A note to everyone... I think I will be running one group of five or so people, and ShadowFox89 will be running another group. His group will probably include more Non-Con and might cater a bit more to the bondage taste so if you have a preference for that, be sure to let us know. :P
I think I'd prefer to be in your group, if that's all right - non-con and bondage really aren't my kind of thing, though bondage of the light variety isn't a deal breaker or anything.

But anyway, here's my attempt at a character... let me know if there's anything you'd like changed or added. Her vestments are just fine clothing I cut down on the weight for (I imagine they aren't very... expansive). And I just noticed there's a page at the end for languages and such, so I'll have to go in and fill that out properly...

Thalia Sylmae
(Gold roll)

Description: Born and raised in the Wildlands but enamored with civilized society, Thalia takes great care to maintain her appearance as a beauty with a wild edge. She's a tall, slender elven woman gifted with with a healthy helping of feminine curves and a body toned from a long-active lifestyle. Her lips are red and full, her eyes a verdant green, and both are expressive of a warm, inviting, and often playful personality. Her skin possesses a golden tan from long hours spent in the sun, and her hair is a deep blonde, worn loose and reaching halfway down her back. She invariably dresses in a manner that reveals more than it conceals - she had little use for modesty most of her life, and after seeing the reactions that got her, she's in no hurry to change.

History: It's no secret that interest in religion has waned throughout much of civilization. Without hardship driving mortals to turn to the gods and with the increasing allure of The Games to distract them, fewer participate in active worship with every year. Some might even say that the age of the gods is coming to an end. But not all faiths are content to sit back and fade into obscurity - the followers of Erytheis, goddess of life, fertility, and the wild have stepped up to adapt to this new world. Already a free-spirited lot, they have long begun to emphasize the pleasurable and erotic aspects of Erytheis' teachings, hoping to attract worshipers who might not otherwise give the goddess a second glance. Priests and priestesses are encouraged to promiscuity, travelers and locals alike are welcomed freely into temples to enjoy the delights they have to offer, and hardly a holy day goes by where life isn't celebrated with a feast and an orgy. Some few old enough to remember the old ways might shake their heads at this, but with the goddess' approval evident in the divine miracles her clerics continue to command, they can do little more than grumble as new worshipers stream into Erytheis' temples. Some even stay for more than an evening of pleasure.

Thalia was one of them. As a member of a small community of wood elves dwelling in the Wildlands, she lived off the land, hunting and gathering and having little contact with the world outside save for the occasional traveler. It wasn't a bad life, all things considered - harder and more dangerous than life in the big cities, perhaps, but free, and with an honest simplicity. But something had always nagged her from the back of her mind. Those snatches of stories and songs she heard from traveling merchants and adventurers gave her fleeting glimpses of the world beyond her wood, and the more she heard, the more she found she wanted to know. The catalyst was a priestess of Erytheis, an adventurer she met thrice. The first time they met, Thalia led her lost and thirsty party to a spring and told them the secret to escaping the woods, finding herself pleasantly surprised when the priestess offered to thank her with her body. The second time they met, the priestess and her fellow adventurers saved Thalia from a crazed owlbear, and while they lingered to treat her wounds, Thalia listened eagerly as the priestess told her all about her home, her goddess, the Games, and her life as an adventurer. The third time they met, the priestess came alone into the woods to find her, and as the two women lay in each others arms, offered to take the elven beauty to her temple to meet her sisters and see their way of life firsthand. She didn't even think of refusing.

And she found she didn't want to go back. As much as she loved her home, the civilized land of the west was an exciting new world full of magic and luxuries she had never imagined, and the longer she stayed the more she wanted to see it all. She took to life in the temple like a duck to water, and drawn by her old friend's tales of adventure and dreams of spread worship of Erytheis again across the land, it wasn't long before she decided to become an adventurer herself. Her life in the woods taught her the skills she needed to fight and survive, her initiation into the temple of Erytheis gave her divine power to heal the wounded and protect those in need, and her exotic past and natural beauty gave her the edge she needed to stand out. Her people had always been comfortable with their bodies and open with their sexuality, and that something so natural could be used to her advantage was an idea she found strange... but exciting. Happy to play the role of an exotic priestess of pleasure, she learned the boundaries of the Games and society well just so she could push them, and she lends a heaping dose of sex appeal to any group she joins alongside her healing magic and skill with bow and blade. Her adventures often take her into the wild and she rarely works alone; her talents are best used helping others, her long years in the woods serve her best put to the front, demonstrating her exotic past to the audience, and she enjoys the company of others too much to travel alone besides.

With the gold and fame her adventures earn, she hopes to reignite in western civilization the worship of the goddess that has infatuated her so, and if she can't... well, she's enjoying the attention too much to stop trying.

rikka

@CeruleanSerenity

Your character sheet is not loading properly.  It just shows: loading...
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

CeruleanSerenity

Oh, sorry about that... I think I had it set to private. Does the link work now?