Private messages not going through?

Started by Alhanna, March 02, 2015, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alhanna

I'm starting to catch on that some of my messages are just not going through. I'm not sure why and I'm wondering if I'm also not receiving. Any ideas what's going on?

The Oath of the Drake

She's real, she's deep, she's logical and mystical. She believes in kindness and oneness and romance. She's sensitive and distant, a warrior, a lover. She believes in road trips to the stars and dancing with the universe. She's fearless and gentle, wondrous and brave. She lives in waterfalls and forests and sunsets and galaxies. She's the artist, the thinker, the poem and the dream. - Creig Crippen

Valthazar

If messages are not showing up in the Sent folder, try: My Messages > Preferences > Change Settings > Make sure that "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default" is checked.

Alhanna

Quote from: Valthazar on March 02, 2015, 11:15:45 PM
If messages are not showing up in the Sent folder, try: My Messages > Preferences > Change Settings > Make sure that "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default" is checked.

There are copies and it is checked. However upon asking I learn that the receiver never got said message. This has happened with two separate people that I can verify so far.

The Oath of the Drake

She's real, she's deep, she's logical and mystical. She believes in kindness and oneness and romance. She's sensitive and distant, a warrior, a lover. She believes in road trips to the stars and dancing with the universe. She's fearless and gentle, wondrous and brave. She lives in waterfalls and forests and sunsets and galaxies. She's the artist, the thinker, the poem and the dream. - Creig Crippen

Vekseid

Quote from: Alhanna on March 02, 2015, 11:39:45 PM
There are copies and it is checked. However upon asking I learn that the receiver never got said message. This has happened with two separate people that I can verify so far.

Some people accidentally delete their pms, some people miss them at the end of a page.

Sometimes filters screw up and I'd have to reset things manually -_- But that's rarer than the above two.

Alhanna

Well... Hm. I don't know. I can't say if it's those or if there's a bug. :/

The Oath of the Drake

Beguile's Mistress

Ask if these friends have their preferences set to string the PMs in a conversation so they are all together in one place or if they have them coming up separately.  If they are separate this causes a lot of traffic in an Inbox and makes it easy to miss messages.

Alhanna

I'll ask... Though apparently I didn't know that was an option! I'll look into myself. Thanks.

The Oath of the Drake

Valthazar

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 03, 2015, 12:11:19 AMAsk if these friends have their preferences set to string the PMs in a conversation so they are all together in one place or if they have them coming up separately.

You know... I have wondered why the conversation view isn't the default setting on E.  I think it is the format that most people find easiest.

Stella

Swapping to conversation view changed my life, haha.

No really, sorta!

Vekseid

Quote from: Valthazar on March 03, 2015, 01:49:47 AM
You know... I have wondered why the conversation view isn't the default setting on E.  I think it is the format that most people find easiest.

It's buggy.