You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:44:54 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Coliseum [Game Protagonists at War] (Recruiting New Players)  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Red Lobster

Re: The Coliseum [Game Protagonists at War] (Recruiting New Players)
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2015, 07:03:19 PM »
That makes sense Mr. L.

I would think that the physical attacks of your Pokemon would be based on your physical stats (Scratch, Tackle, etc.) while attacks like Flamethrower, Water Gun, Psychic would be based on Power. Since they are sort of like Pokemon spells.

What do you guys think? If their strength is just based on Power, that would be easy to only have 1 stat to determine how strong my Pokemon are. But I could see that being really rigged in my benefit. Which would be unfair to everyone else.

Offline Mr L

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2015, 07:16:32 PM »
That makes sense Mr. L.

I would think that the physical attacks of your Pokemon would be based on your physical stats (Scratch, Tackle, etc.) while attacks like Flamethrower, Water Gun, Psychic would be based on Power. Since they are sort of like Pokemon spells.

What do you guys think? If their strength is just based on Power, that would be easy to only have 1 stat to determine how strong my Pokemon are. But I could see that being really rigged in my benefit. Which would be unfair to everyone else.

At the same time, if you do think of them like summons, they're power would be based on your character. It wouldn't be a whole lot of difference between him and Peach, since they'd both rely on their power stat (pokemon/magic respectively) and take away that source and they're way out of their element. At least that's how I'm rationalizing pokemon using Power. If Peach learned to conjure things to fight for her and her magic went away, they'd go with it.

Offline Red Lobster

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2015, 07:20:02 PM »
That's is a very good point.... Like if you summon a Balck Paladin kind of knight, the strength of his attacks would not be based on your Strength. It would be based on the power of the summon (your Power).

Alright, thanks for the advice! I'm going to run with Power.

Offline Blue NovaTopic starter