Here is my character for consideration!
Daniel “Danny” ForestCurrent Occupation:
When Danny came to New York he was shocked to discover that his Pokemon badges did not qualify as a “appropriate education” for a boy his age. He is currently attending High School as a Senior student. Sadly this is only because of his age. His rudimentary understanding of things non-Pokemon oriented, like long division and the American Revolution, have him in a number of Special-Ed. Classes.Home World Information:
Danny comes from the Pokemon Home World, specifically the Unova (Black and White) Region where he was questing to become a Pokemon Master! While Nuvema Town might be where his mother lives, and the place where he grew up, Danny has ventured to and captured Pokemon in a number of additional regions since starting on his quest. Though most of his time has been spent in Unoiva, Kanto, and the Johto regions.Appearance/Style Description:
Danny appears as an older teenager, though his plucky demeanor and energetic personality often make him seem more childish. He has a shortly cut dark hair along with one of the trademark Pokemon trainer baseball cap perched on his head. He wears a red and black zip up hoodie that he earned by getting to the semi-finals of the Pokemon World Tournament. Coupled with a vest, and a set of weathered looking jeans. Personality:
Danny has a bright-eyed, smiley personality. Never having really experienced hardships or true tragedy in his lifetime. He thinks out loud quite a lot, and openly admits that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. He loves to laugh, loves his Pokemon, History:
Several years ago Danny left his home in Nuvema Town to begin his journey in becoming a great Pokemon Master. Ever since he was little all he thought about or dreamed about was the future. The Pokemon he would capture, the friends he would meet on the way to Victory Road, the adventures, the victories and defeats, everything that he'd read or learned came along with the trials and tribulations of the best trainers in the world. While every kid his age yearned for the day when the received their starter Pokemon, Daniel Forest was a grade above the rest. At least he thought so. For his starter, the boy chose a Ditto. At first, he was disappointed that this was the only Pokemon that Professor Juniper had available. But now, Ditto and him are best friends. Making it one of his strongest Pokemon.
It has been years since Danny took that first step out of Professor Juniper's office. Danny has collected many badges, tons of Pokemon, and bonded with several other trainers whom Danny considers his best friends. Due to his determination and the trust of his Pokemon, Danny has become a great trainer. He has won tournaments in many regions, both local and national. Likewise (in some circles) he is known as a memorable, if not a bit unusual young man.
This is not to say that Danny has not made some enemies! Specifically Team Rocket, one of the major criminal organizations of the Pokemon world has attacked Danny and tried to steal his Pokemon on many occasions. Luckily, at least for now, he has always managed to trick or beat them in a Pokemon duel.
Perhaps due to his lack of overall confidence in his abilities, Danny has not yet taken the plunge down Victory Road to challenge the Elite Four. Even though he has more than enough badges to qualify. Or perhaps he feels that finally being known as a Pokemon Master by succeeding would mean the grand epic of his tale is finally drawing to a close. Who knows!
Danny has put his training on hold for a very different sort of adventure. What is happening in the different Home Worlds, and the effect of the Legion is known to the man. So, gathering up his Pokemon, Danny has ventured to New York to try and join the resistance fight. Maybe he can even capture a few new types of Pokemon along the way.Current Situation:
Danny is currently in New York, going through school while trying to join in on the fight with the Legion.Weapon:
Danny uses his Pokemon as weapons. What I would like (pending GM approval) is to not be specific about which Pokemon Danny has, that way I can sort of switch between them at my leisure for creative freedom. However, in my “Special Powers” section I will call out specific Pokemon as being his strongest team members. Also, his “go-to” fighters for the more challenging encounters.Current Team of Pokemon:
1. Ditto -
2. Houndoom -
3. Dragonite -
4. Sandslash -
5. Arbok -
6. Gardevoir - Stats
- 0Special Powers: Pokedex
– In Danny's world the Pokedex is known for reading off interesting information, history, and the special abilities of Pokemon that it scans. After leaving his Home World, he has discovered that it is capable of doing the same thing when scanning friendly Protagonist or enemy Legion members. If Danny has a chance during battle, he can produce his Pokedex and use the thing to size up his opponents. Gaining useful information that typically assists in the capture, or defeat of his opponent.Ditto
– Being Danny's starter Pokemon, Ditto is the most powerful Pokemon in Danny's entire arsenal. It's ability to morph has expanded greatly ever since entering New York, and combating the Legion. Ditto can change in to a less powerful version of any person/thing it has previously morphed in to. Adopting some of the attacks and special maneuvers of the thing.Master Ball
– This is a one use Special Power that Danny has in his arsenal. The Pokemon Trainer has found a single Master Ball in his journey, and has yet to use it. If used, the Master Ball automatically captures whatever is the subject of his attack. If Danny chooses to use this Master Ball, he may never use it again, and must keep the thing that he has captured.Strengths:Pokemon Loyalty
– Danny's Pokemon are extremely loyal to their Trainer. Especially those in his main team.Optimistic Demeanor
– Danny has a very positive outlook even in the worst situation. In his mind, hard work and determination will win out every time. He truly believes that good will conquer evil, no matter what.Weaknesses:Team Rocket Version of Evil
– Danny is extremely naive. Team Rocket, one of the most “evil” organizations from his Home World has several lines they do not cross. As a result, he has a strong belief that bad people are really good at heart. Everyone deserves a second chance, and killing is absolutely wrong. This makes him troublesome in combat considering he would rather let a powerful enemy escape with his life, then kill him. Only to encounter them later stronger, and much better informed as to Danny's abilities.Trainer, not the Pokemon
– Danny is not a fighter, he is a trainer. With the exception of the natural resistances that he gains for just being a Protagonist he has no personal means to defend himself against direct attacks.