Done! Hopefully it's alright, can't wait to jump in.Name:
Journeyman Merchant of the SafarTrouble:
Embroiled in a long standing blood feud with a branch family of the Sevim, inheriting mutual antagonism over bad money, murder, and several broken hearts between both sides.Sex:
Exploration and discovery in bed, challenge in the chase or bargain, and desire for freedom and journey.Off’s:
Cruelty, subservience, and humiliation.Race or People:
Weight: 180 lbsDescription:
Ilhan prefers to groom his beard short if not clean off at all times, though his hair goes untouched to rest on his shoulders. He hides a few scars, one obvious on his brow and the rest etched on his chest or arms. Despite this body is toned and smooth, and well groomed, protected from buffeting sand with fine clothes but well worn in brawls with rival merchant houses in his youth.One Unique Thing:
For his height and physical presence Ilhan is surprisingly quiet on his feet, even silent. He claims no abnormal talent in dexterity, and can't remember ever walking any differently.Personality:
Ilhan is impulsive, though in his view he merely weighs risk faster than most. He moves to act on these impulses with the confidence of a man who contemplated them for days, whether it's a sale at market or a touch and a kiss stolen on a whim. Ilhan is generous with praise but miserly with criticism, and as with any merchant friendship and enmity are two sides of the same coin behind every smile and gesture.Skills:
- Fencing: Though having had his share of fisticuffs with rivals in business and love, it's with the princely forms of the sword and dagger that Ilhan excels at. A gentlemanly art with graceful footwork, fencing has made Ilhan a veteran of several duels for honor - his own or otherwise.
- Trading: House Aricanli teaches its sons and daughters the fine art of business, from the lowly peddler bartering for slim profits to the guild masters moving hundreds of pounds in grain, spice, or bullion daily. Ilhan is a well established journeyman with an eye for the market, reading its shifts like the Bedu see the moving dunes of the desert.
- Poetry: From scathing invective and heroic saga, to bawdy rhyme and romantic lyric, Ilhan is a well read and well spoken poet at home with tavern drunkards and courtly princesses alike. His talent and breadth of material can see him hired, and scandalized, wherever he goes.
- Etiquette: Refinement, good manners, morals, decorum, decency, and humaneness. Ilhan shows proper discrimination of correct order, behavior, and taste necessary for any man hoping to fill his sails and coast from place to place, knowing how to leave before he's unwanted and how to put his foot through the next door.
- Natural Philosophy: An intimate student of both man and nature, Ilhan is well read in ancient and contemporary works, and partial to even blasphemous insights into the order of the world, from physical science and scholarly medicine to prophesy and theology.
Private room at an apartment in the merchant's quarter.History:
Ilhan was born in the purple of House Aricanli, his father a guild master and his mother a daughter of a fellow peer. Only Ilhan had to share his destiny with a half dozen older siblings, and so allowed to venture off script as an independent merchant and devotee of Upuaut. Though no journeyman or pathfinder of the faith, he trusts his fate to the Unchainer, with a little risk management now and then. Eschewing the fast track offered him by nepotism, Ilhan began young as a messenger, brushing shoulders with every level of merchant and trading blows with rival youths for honor and coin.
Not long after doing well for himself, Ilhan again rejected an offer to rise above, much preferring the hustle of daily business and averse to the shadow games of the great houses. If he learned to hate his family's enemies, it was on a personal level. Yet his father was insistent, and influential enough to shackle his son by barring his trade, forcing him to return to his studies. Poetry, fencing, and other princely arts were more an escape for Ilhan than one might expect, and his commitment to Upuaut only deepened in his gilded cage.
With help from his rival Sevims, he plotted his escape. He liquidated his assets into coin and bills of exchange, and was right to suspect his would-be liberators. But rather than fall into their plot Ilhan escaped on the next caravan to Sha'ib with the help of a kind Sevim girl, who offered him her love for one night, a parting memento of the home and life he left behind. On the journey to Sha'ib Ilhan regaled a local landlord with his poetry, and on arrival was offered lodging in his fine building. After a week of transfers and sales, Ilhan recouped some capital and set out into town to begin his enterprise: an expedition through Sha'ib's secrets tunnels and mazes. Equipment:
Ornate jambiya dagger, unenchanted Djaffiri mask, moderate amount of money, bills of exchange for collection or sale of various small goods and grain, small wardrobe of one fine set, some casual tunics, and pairs of boots and gloves of varying quality, three books on poetry, Upuaut mysticism, and a small traveling journal for taking notes and records, family heirloom ring.