You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 12:15:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Sha'ib: City of Mazes (Arabian Nights/Fantasy Sandbox LGBT Accepting Characters)  (Read 5318 times)

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
  • Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
I have a question, I know the tail is important to leopards but is it important to Domandh Khans? I am debating working into her history that someone removed it by force, but don't know what it would do to her within this setting.

Offline Kuroneko

If anyone would like to have connections with Shazadi, feel free to PM me ;).

Offline CrashTopic starter

I have a question, I know the tail is important to leopards but is it important to Domandh Khans? I am debating working into her history that someone removed it by force, but don't know what it would do to her within this setting.

Actually they don't have tails.  And welcome Curvy!

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
  • View My Rolls
Actually they don't have tails.  And welcome Curvy!

Ah well then that was a stupid question...lol

Offline la dame en noir

• A resident pansexual woman. That weird black girl. The Cosplayer and the Loud Mouth.
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • "Shepard-Commander" - Legion ME2
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
I'm really mad at myself because I want to finish this profile because I am interested in the roleplay. But I don't now what to do with Oshun without making her generic and thats not what I want at all. I'm also having the worst time coming up with a background and reason for her to be working as a dancer in Sha'ib.

Offline RedPhoenix

I'm going to withdraw from this, as I shouldn't be in group games. I apologize to anyone who this inconveniences.

Offline Dhi

I understand. I'm sorry it didn't work out, I was looking forward to it. But, I can still change my plans with Farrah, so no harm done.

Offline yesiroleplay

I'm going to withdraw from this, as I shouldn't be in group games. I apologize to anyone who this inconveniences.
awe...  You are already missed.

Sorry to hear Red.  I was looking forward to writing with you.

Offline Kuroneko

Sorry to see you go, Red.

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Sorry to see you go Red.

Also...

Hello all Imari is approved and open for links! Let me know if anyone wants to plot or have links, I'm open to all sorts of ideas with her. :)

Offline la dame en noir

• A resident pansexual woman. That weird black girl. The Cosplayer and the Loud Mouth.
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • "Shepard-Commander" - Legion ME2
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Yeah - I got nothing. I'll have to drop this game so you guys can get a move on with it.

Offline yesiroleplay

Yeah - I got nothing. I'll have to drop this game so you guys can get a move on with it.
Nooooooooooooooooo!

You are not holding anything up Dame.  I still hve to get IC threads up and finish some NPC's.  I think your character is great and will likely find plenty of people to interact with. 

Maybe you shouldn't think of her as a dancer but someone who has a talent for it.  That way it is still a part of her without being the sole thing that defines her.  If may free up your block. 

I hope you don't drop and give it a little time.  I have some more background stuff that I plan on adding to the IC threads and that may jump start some creative interest too.

Offline Dhi

Is there anyone working on a sand mage concept?

I don't think so.

Offline Sabre

Here's a preview of the character I'm working on currently, missing only the last three entries that I'm currently still thinking on. As a recent arrival he might only have a room in an inn or upscale apartment, and I'll need to figure out just what he brought with him to the city in goods and wealth. Ideas and criticism are welcome.

Name:  Ilhan alim-Aricanli
Player:  Sabre
Concept:  Journeyman Merchant of the Safar
Trouble:  Embroiled in a long standing blood feud with a branch family of the Sevim, inheriting mutual antagonism over bad money, murder, and several broken hearts between both sides.
Sex:  Male
Orientation:  Straight
Ons:  Exploration and discovery in bed, challenge in the chase or bargain, and desire for freedom and journey.
Offs:  Cruelty, subservience, and humiliation.
Race or People:  Djaffir

Appearance:
Hair:  Black
Eyes:  Gray
Height:  6'
Weight:  180 lbs

Description:
Ilhan prefers to groom his beard short if not clean off at all times, though his hair goes untouched to rest on his shoulders. He hides a few scars, one obvious on his brow and the rest etched on his chest or arms.  Despite this body is toned and smooth, and well groomed, protected from buffeting sand with fine clothes but well worn in brawls with rival merchant houses in his youth.

Mask and Outfit

One Unique Thing: For his height and physical presence Ilhan is surprisingly quiet on his feet, even silent. He claims no abnormal talent in dexterity, and can't remember ever walking any differently.

Personality:  Ilhan is impulsive, though in his view he merely weighs risk faster than most. He moves to act on these impulses with the confidence of a man who contemplated them for days, whether it's a sale at market or a touch and a kiss stolen on a whim. Ilhan is generous with praise but miserly with criticism, and as with any merchant friendship and enmity are two sides of the same coin behind every smile and gesture.

Skills:
  • Fencing: Though having had his share of fisticuffs with rivals in business and love, it's with the princely forms of the sword and dagger that Ilhan excels at. A gentlemanly art with graceful footwork, fencing has made Ilhan a veteran of several duels for honor - his own or otherwise.
  • Trading: House Aricanli teaches its sons and daughters the fine art of business, from the lowly peddler bartering for slim profits to the guild masters moving hundreds of pounds in grain, spice, or bullion daily. Ilhan is a well established journeyman with an eye for the market, reading its shifts like the Bedu see the moving dunes of the desert.
  • Poetry: From scathing invective and heroic saga, to bawdy rhyme and romantic lyric, Ilhan is a well read and well spoken poet at home with tavern drunkards and courtly princesses alike. His talent and breadth of material can see him hired, and scandalized, wherever he goes.
  • Etiquette: Refinement, good manners, morals, decorum, decency, and humaneness. Ilhan shows proper discrimination of correct order, behavior, and taste necessary for any man hoping to fill his sails and coast from place to place, knowing how to leave before he's unwanted and how to put his foot through the next door.
  • Natural Philosophy: An intimate student of both man and nature, Ilhan is well read in ancient and contemporary works, and partial to even blasphemous insights into the order of the world, from physical science and scholarly medicine to prophesy and theology.

Residence: <Tent, house in Sha'ib, Shop...etc>

History: <At least 3 paragraphs>

Equipment:

Looks pretty cool so far.

Offline Amarlo

Oh man, I'm really glad I volunteered for Sabre and Sain ;D I think they're going to be super fun to rp with.

Offline Kuroneko

Sabre is wonderful to write with  ;)

We want MOAR!

Fun game looking for more players interested in an Arabian Nights style fantasy setting!

Offline Sabre

Done! Hopefully it's alright, can't wait to jump in.

Name:  Ilhan alim-Aricanli
Player:  Sabre
Concept:  Journeyman Merchant of the Safar
Trouble:  Embroiled in a long standing blood feud with a branch family of the Sevim, inheriting mutual antagonism over bad money, murder, and several broken hearts between both sides.
Sex:  Male
Orientation:  Straight
Ons:  Exploration and discovery in bed, challenge in the chase or bargain, and desire for freedom and journey.
Offs:  Cruelty, subservience, and humiliation.
Race or People:  Djaffir

Appearance:
Hair:  Black
Eyes:  Gray
Height:  6'
Weight:  180 lbs

Description:
Ilhan prefers to groom his beard short if not clean off at all times, though his hair goes untouched to rest on his shoulders. He hides a few scars, one obvious on his brow and the rest etched on his chest or arms.  Despite this body is toned and smooth, and well groomed, protected from buffeting sand with fine clothes but well worn in brawls with rival merchant houses in his youth.

Mask and Outfit

One Unique Thing: For his height and physical presence Ilhan is surprisingly quiet on his feet, even silent. He claims no abnormal talent in dexterity, and can't remember ever walking any differently.

Personality:  Ilhan is impulsive, though in his view he merely weighs risk faster than most. He moves to act on these impulses with the confidence of a man who contemplated them for days, whether it's a sale at market or a touch and a kiss stolen on a whim. Ilhan is generous with praise but miserly with criticism, and as with any merchant friendship and enmity are two sides of the same coin behind every smile and gesture.

Skills:
  • Fencing: Though having had his share of fisticuffs with rivals in business and love, it's with the princely forms of the sword and dagger that Ilhan excels at. A gentlemanly art with graceful footwork, fencing has made Ilhan a veteran of several duels for honor - his own or otherwise.
  • Trading: House Aricanli teaches its sons and daughters the fine art of business, from the lowly peddler bartering for slim profits to the guild masters moving hundreds of pounds in grain, spice, or bullion daily. Ilhan is a well established journeyman with an eye for the market, reading its shifts like the Bedu see the moving dunes of the desert.
  • Poetry: From scathing invective and heroic saga, to bawdy rhyme and romantic lyric, Ilhan is a well read and well spoken poet at home with tavern drunkards and courtly princesses alike. His talent and breadth of material can see him hired, and scandalized, wherever he goes.
  • Etiquette: Refinement, good manners, morals, decorum, decency, and humaneness. Ilhan shows proper discrimination of correct order, behavior, and taste necessary for any man hoping to fill his sails and coast from place to place, knowing how to leave before he's unwanted and how to put his foot through the next door.
  • Natural Philosophy: An intimate student of both man and nature, Ilhan is well read in ancient and contemporary works, and partial to even blasphemous insights into the order of the world, from physical science and scholarly medicine to prophesy and theology.

Residence:  Private room at an apartment in the merchant's quarter.

History: Ilhan was born in the purple of House Aricanli, his father a guild master and his mother a daughter of a fellow peer. Only Ilhan had to share his destiny with a half dozen older siblings, and so allowed to venture off script as an independent merchant and devotee of Upuaut. Though no journeyman or pathfinder of the faith, he trusts his fate to the Unchainer, with a little risk management now and then. Eschewing the fast track offered him by nepotism, Ilhan began young as a messenger, brushing shoulders with every level of merchant and trading blows with rival youths for honor and coin.

Not long after doing well for himself, Ilhan again rejected an offer to rise above, much preferring the hustle of daily business and averse to the shadow games of the great houses. If he learned to hate his family's enemies, it was on a personal level. Yet his father was insistent, and influential enough to shackle his son by barring his trade, forcing him to return to his studies. Poetry, fencing, and other princely arts were more an escape for Ilhan than one might expect, and his commitment to Upuaut only deepened in his gilded cage.

With help from his rival Sevims, he plotted his escape. He liquidated his assets into coin and bills of exchange, and was right to suspect his would-be liberators. But rather than fall into their plot Ilhan escaped on the next caravan to Sha'ib with the help of a kind Sevim girl, who offered him her love for one night, a parting memento of the home and life he left behind. On the journey to Sha'ib Ilhan regaled a local landlord with his poetry, and on arrival was offered lodging in his fine building. After a week of transfers and sales, Ilhan recouped some capital and set out into town to begin his enterprise: an expedition through Sha'ib's secrets tunnels and mazes.

Equipment:
Ornate jambiya dagger, unenchanted Djaffiri mask, moderate amount of money, bills of exchange for collection or sale of various small goods and grain, small wardrobe of one fine set, some casual tunics, and pairs of boots and gloves of varying quality, three books on poetry, Upuaut mysticism, and a small traveling journal for taking notes and records, family heirloom ring.

Sabre - Accepted!

Offline Lux12

• Eccentric Occult Glam Agent of The Unknowable.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Looks like I might be late to the party so to speak, but I  figured I'd put my notice of interest here.

Game just started.  Plenty of time to join in.