You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 02:06:33 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Sha'ib: City of Mazes (Arabian Nights/Fantasy Sandbox LGBT Accepting Characters)  (Read 5285 times)

Online Dhi

Dhi, any interest in our characters being old acquaintances?
Too tired tonight, I'll get back to you on this tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will do everything and more.

Online CrashTopic starter

I need to write up a Domadh, but not tonight.

Online Paladin101

Too tired tonight, I'll get back to you on this tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will do everything and more.

No worries. :)

Offline MdG

Crash, sorry I forgot to mention that I'd be happy to work in some interaction between my PC and Devi. I'm still working on her personality and background at the moment, but hope to have this finalised later today (my time).

Anyone else who would like to discuss, let me know.

Separately, I figured the Basuro would be a bit like Cape Buffalo, with the "Great" part suggesting that it may be particularly unwise to tangle with one.

Offline la dame en noir

• A resident pansexual woman. That weird black girl. The Cosplayer and the Loud Mouth.
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • "Shepard-Commander" - Legion ME2
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
I don't know if I missed this, but - Do the Nafasi people practice magic in any form? Maybe similar to voodoo of west african cultures?

Online Paladin101

Based on what I read in the beginning post Nefasi practice a variation of Khem-Hekau magic, speaking to the dead, returning people to life, things like that. Unless I'm reading shit wrong. Which is quite possible. lol

Offline Sabre

Looks like a fun game in the making. Is there room for a Djaffir merchant, one whose fingers slip where they shouldn't? Someone who gets into trouble with either the underworld, the upper class black market, or just as a fence, procurator, and lender for the other players?

Offline Amarlo

Name: N’ebthe [Neh’beh-th-ee]
Player: Amarlo
Concept:  Lost Nefasi  Shaman
Trouble:  <Unable to conceive. Has such heightened senses when it comes to spirits that she can sometimes lose herself to the close proximity of the spirit realm overlapping their own. She is also afflicted with poor sight and has been separated from her tribe during a raid.>
Sex: Female.
Orientation: Straight
On’s: O/os
Off’s: Anything bathroom related, mind control, extreme pain.
Race or People: Nefasi

Appearance:
Hair: Raven
Eyes:  Amethyst
Height: 5’4”
Weight: 125lbs

Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

One Unique Thing: Though she is weak of vision her lavender eyes saved her from a life of bigotry amongst her people, marking her for greater things on the path of Shamanism.

Personality:

Skills: Mediumship(Spiritual perception), Hekau(Primarily Ritualistic), Holistic Medicine, Cooking, Butchery.

Residence: None currently.

History: N’ebthe was prepped  to be a shaman since the day she left her mother’s womb. It was clear even from the day of her first breath that she was mostly blind; however the shaman recognized the way the youngling studied her surroundings like something invisible to their own eyes was there. Luckily for the disabled child this meant growing up an apprentice to the high shaman, himself. It offered a luxury of certain protections but did not completely save her from the ire of other children. Children will be children after all.

She learned a great deal of things from this man and his collaborators while, much to their surprise, N’ebe  proved herself a gifted study despite her obvious disadvantages. She was a determined young lady, willful and always held her head high. Her voice held strength, her gait held a swagger of unwavering confidence and it was because of this that none could even think to focus on anything but her strengths. Not only did she show an affinity for learning the arts but also retained a creativity no longer typical amongst their traditional ways – probably because she lacked their traditional perceptions. She couldn’t see on the same wavelength as the rest of her tribe, why would she think on it? While adamantly respected N’ebe was still strange even among her own people – that didn’t stop their faith in her though.

She is no longer a simple shaman’s apprentice but his equal and was meant to become his successor had it not been for the raiders that attacked their temporary settlement. She knows not where any of her family are, nor did she have the luck of escaping with another of her tribe. She was one of those unlucky few that did get left behind but did not parish. She was captured and taken, traded multiple times over among the slavers for her rare qualities until finally she ended up at the sitting for hopefully what would be here final sale.

Equipment:
This really more so depends on where she starts out.. I’m open to suggestions, could even have her amongst captured individuals meant to be sold as slaves.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:50:43 AM by Amarlo »

Offline la dame en noir

• A resident pansexual woman. That weird black girl. The Cosplayer and the Loud Mouth.
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Would love to see what everyone thought about these pics. Trying to find one for my character since I think I might change my idea. I'm going to pick a real photo and art for my character. I was originally going go with just this, but I use that image a lot. Sooo she's up for grabs if anyone wants her.

Real - 4 is my current fav
Art - 1 is my current fav

X X X X

Art Photos

One Two Three Four Five Six

Online Dhi

On how Rashid and Farrah know each other:
Farrah has probably needed a guide to the desert to find oases, but that's a pretty tenuous connection and I think we can form a stronger one if you're interested.

Throughout her life Farrah has been visited by her uncles, men of the al-Farani Bedu who see her as an asset to the family who might be polished up and married off. In her adult life she's gone to visit the al-Farani to find her roots, and would have needed not only a guide, but someone to introduce her to the intricacies of Bedu culture and stand in her corner. Since Farrah's aunts were all married to nearby tribes, it might even be possible that Farrah and Rashid are cousins (if his mother is an al-Farani warrior maiden) or second cousins once removed (if an al-Farani married one of his aunts or uncles).

Would love to see what everyone thought about these pics. Trying to find one for my character since I think I might change my idea. I'm going to pick a real photo and art for my character. I was originally going go with just this, but I use that image a lot. Sooo she's up for grabs if anyone wants her.

X X X X

Art Photos

Your favorites are pretty much mine too. 4 out of your illustrations is fierce, I love her. I like 6 as well, though she suggests to me a very different type of character, someone comfortable in a palace rather than a Nafasi from the veldt.

All of the illustrations are evocative and have their own personality. For the photos, it's hard to make them not seem contemporary or costumed, but I do like your favorite.

Offline la dame en noir

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
@Dhi: Thank you darlin. Your input is always welcome :3 It'll be hard for me to not have my character go after yours lol....I should probably just make her straight. >.>

Offline Amarlo

X X X X

Art Photos

I like the 3rd illustration for certain, however I think you may like this photo better than the ones you currently have.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b9/37/9b/b9379b46082f1709b9700456e7bda7ed.jpg

Online Dhi

@Dhi: Thank you darlin. Your input is always welcome :3 It'll be hard for me to not have my character go after yours lol....I should probably just make her straight. >.>
Oh! What a waste for the long-suffering ladies of Sha'ib that would be. :'(

Offline MdG

Character sheet finalised and up...now with plot hooks for both the wrong and the right side of Sha'ib's metaphorical tracks!

Online Sain

Go for a plotter Sabre. We can start the scheming gentlemen's book club at Zidir's slave house.

This ones for anyone really: Zidir could use a bit more negative connection with someone along the lines of having gotten caught red handed while using blackmail or some forceful methods to turn someone else's friend into a slave, or possibly try to make a PC into a slave but got interrupted by other PC.¨

@Amarlo. N’ebthe looks like someone who could be up for sale at Zidir's establishment if you want to start her story from there?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:00:19 AM by Sain »

Online Paladin101

On how Rashid and Farrah know each other:
Farrah has probably needed a guide to the desert to find oases, but that's a pretty tenuous connection and I think we can form a stronger one if you're interested.

Throughout her life Farrah has been visited by her uncles, men of the al-Farani Bedu who see her as an asset to the family who might be polished up and married off. In her adult life she's gone to visit the al-Farani to find her roots, and would have needed not only a guide, but someone to introduce her to the intricacies of Bedu culture and stand in her corner. Since Farrah's aunts were all married to nearby tribes, it might even be possible that Farrah and Rashid are cousins (if his mother is an al-Farani warrior maiden) or second cousins once removed (if an al-Farani married one of his aunts or uncles).

I like it! :D I am totally down with the idea of our characters being cousins, would have made for an interesting meeting in town for him to discover a relative, and since he is such a wanderer would make since why he would be eager to make friends with what he kind of sees as a long lost cousin. For why he is so staunch in your corner against the uncles, could say his mother had also disliked her brothers, but had been quite fond of the sister who was sent away to marry the city priest.

I don't know if I missed this, but - Do the Nafasi people practice magic in any form? Maybe similar to voodoo of west african cultures?

A voodoo ish magic would fit.  Nafasi worships their ancestors and Are animistic.  They have a form of necromancy that we could certainly and some aspects of voodoo into.

Sabre - That character type would work out just fine.

MdG - I would love to work out some tie ins.

X X X X

Art Photos

I am not going to be much help, since I like all of them.  Would you like putting this us in my finders/seekers thread.  The ones you don't use could help others find inspiration. 

Amario - She looks good.

MdG - great also denotes size.  A typical Basuro is smaller than the Great Basuro herds.

Offline yesiroleplay

X X X X

Art Photos

They are all good.  The last artwork one is a rather toonish version of Sahara from the comic ElephantMen.  She's been on the cover a few times, with some really stunning artwork.
I had a better version of your artwork three on my hard drive.  I uploaded it to the wiki.
https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/2/24/Black_amazona_by_Atelier_Sommerland.jpg
As a side note... Atelier Sommerland is is a render-artist extraordinaire!  Googe image search him.

I like all the images you shared.  I think my favorites are the same as yours.

Amarlo:  I thought you asked for pics, but I can't find the post.  Anyway, check out this post...
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224233.msg11020627#msg11020627

Offline RedPhoenix

Sha'ib faces its first great catastrophe. :'(

I have an extremely busy weekend this weekend, so I will shoot for having some IC threads up next weekend.  I will continue to keep accepting characters after IC threads are up.

Offline MdG

Possible connections

Crash - Taytu and Devi might know each other from sight, though Devi may be circumspect about a tribeless outcast who can no longer commune with the Ancestors, though she may at the same time respect Taytu's adaptation to Sha'ib. A starting IC thread possibility is on a rooftop somewhere.

Paladin101 - Taytu and Rashid could have met in one of the many taverns or coffee houses of Sha'ib or in performing guide work for the same employer with interests both in the Dune Sea and in the subterranean caverns beneath the city. I can see a strong mutual professional respect between the two.

Dhi - Taytu would know the cisterns and water management systems beneath the city well, though whether Farrah is keen on having a mercenary of dubious morals haunting the city's crucial water supply is another matter entirely, especially if Taytu's incursions are financed by the wrong people.

Sain Taytu and Zidir may be vaguely aware of each other's Ifrit 'taint', though they may fear each other because of it (that and Taytu cannot quite understand the concept of slavery and cannot understand why anyone would allow herself to be owned like a Basuro). Taytu certainly has an ambivalent relationship with the Ifrit who bound her and may be curious to know if Zidir knows anything that might help her.

Online Paladin101

Possible connections

Paladin101 - Taytu and Rashid could have met in one of the many taverns or coffee houses of Sha'ib or in performing guide work for the same employer with interests both in the Dune Sea and in the subterranean caverns beneath the city. I can see a strong mutual professional respect between the two.

Dhi - Taytu would know the cisterns and water management systems beneath the city well, though whether Farrah is keen on having a mercenary of dubious morals haunting the city's crucial water supply is another matter entirely, especially if Taytu's incursions are financed by the wrong people.

Ya I could definately see that happening! Especially as you have a bit of the same 'live for the moment' outlook that he has. Though yours seems a bit reckless. Also a possibility is if Dhi does want a connection to you we could connect the three of us by me having recommended you to her as a good guide from having worked with you in the past.

Also finding it disconcerting how every strong willed type female so far in this RP that Rashid would go for is batting for the other team! Come on, there can be straight strong willed forceful women! :P lol

Offline Kuroneko

Also finding it disconcerting how every strong willed type female so far in this RP that Rashid would go for is batting for the other team! Come on, there can be straight strong willed forceful women! :P lol

Don't worry, I'll have one for you ;)