Player new to Elliquiy looking for a game

Started by Starchaser, October 14, 2008, 03:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starchaser

Ok so I had a look at players wanted and I can't find anything that catches my eye so I thought I'd throw out some suggestions in the hope that somebody will run with them.

1. I wouldn't mind playing in a space opera kind of game. Either as captain or crew of a starship. What I mean here is not some star trek type game (that universe I find too restrictive), nor some sort of "crew of mlitary vessel goes to war" type of thing, but something more along the lines of Elite or Traveller where the ship is freelance and the crew are less rigidly structured and organised. Star wars would be a good setting so long as the focus was on civilians and not the war between the empire / alliance. Serenity is also good and I noticed that there is a thread on one of the boards for a Serenity game. However, I prefer freeform as the only system I know is Call of Cthulhu and I don;t want to have to learn an RP System. Also I don;t want a load of stats to interfere with the creation of the type of character I want to play.

2. I like the idea of playing an Adult doctor-who game, either as a timelord that survived the great time war or as an assistant to a female time lord.

3. Anything that mixes horror or the supernatural with eroticism would also be interesting, but no Vampire / WOD games. I had an idea of a one-on-one game where I play a character that gets involved in the history of a house centered around the spirit of a young woman. Either my character could be attempting to free her spirit or he could be being manipulated by other worldly forces bring about some evil and the woman is being used as "bait" or "incentive" for him to do this.

As far as situations are concerned anything goes so long as anything really heavy is discussed beforehand. The only other issue is that I can only post on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

PM me or reply to this thread if you want to run with any of these ideas.

Primarch

Hey fellow new person, I have a SW game, its not empire vs alliance, it'll be a crew of people going on an adventure that will more then likely set them against a Sith splinter cell group.

Knights of the Old Republic

Its mainly free form, there is a few stats, but they're just going to act as guidelines to a characters general ability more so anything set in stone.

Starchaser

I might be interested in this one but

1. I'm unfamiliar with KOTOR. I only know the plot / characters from the six star wars films.

2. I don't know the system.

If you are willing to accept this and guide me through the background and character creation then I'd be up for it.

Primarch

That's no problem. General idea on the back story,

Its 4,000 years before the first movie (give or take), The Republic is very fragile, the Jedi are basically extinct and the Sith made a dangerous come back, hunting and killing many of the last Jedi. There's been a lot of really big wars recently, the Great Sith War was the first, then the Mandalorian War, which saw a Jedi named Revan lead a very large number of Jedi away from the order to fight the mandalorians, as the council wouldn't act. Every Jedi that followed Revan either died or turned to the Dark side, Revan and his apprentice Alek included. Darth Revan as he became, went on to lead a deadly war, but he was a military genius and possibly the most powerful force user of his era. Eventually the Jedi attacked him on his flagship, while they were attacking, his apprentice, Darth Malak attacked him too, seemingly killing him. Truth be told, he was arrested by the Jedi and the council wiped his memory, putting him under the care of Bastilla Shan, a female Jedi Knight, one of the Jedi that had attacked his ship.

If I'm not making much sense I can give you some links to sites that might explain it better, want me to PM them to you?