What are you Reading?

Started by Wolven Soul, February 13, 2015, 10:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolven Soul

If there is already a thread on this, my apologies, but I always like hearing what people are into reading.  Good way to find new things I might not have heard of.  So, watcha reading right now?

For myself, I am reading 'Ready Player One' by Earnest Cline.  Fantastic book that is just absolutely chock full of 80s culture.  I can't count how many times this book made me smile with a referance to some book, or game, or show, or movie that I have enjoyed in the past.  So if you like the 80s you will probably like this book.  If you like gaming, you will probably like this book.  If you like stories where little guys take on the big corporations, you will probably like this book. 
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

SpiralSpider

I'm reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's about my 4th time through - and worth every second. In my opinion, NOTW is the best fantasy novel ever written.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

MasterMischief

Magician - Raymond E. Feist

Storm Front - Jim Butcher (audio)

MsMonster

I absolutely loved Ready Player One!

I am currently re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I walked by a tree that made me think of the story. I had to pick it up again.

Wolven Soul

Quote from: MsMonster on February 14, 2015, 07:48:35 PM
I absolutely loved Ready Player One!

I am currently re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I walked by a tree that made me think of the story. I had to pick it up again.

Awesome!  It's been a long time since I have read To Kill a Mockingbird, not since high school actually.  Hmm...ya know, I might just have to actually read that again.  I loved it in school, finished it weeks ahead of the rest of the class.
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

Thesunmaid

Hell house by Graham Masterson

And for when that gets a bit too heavy for me Alice in wonderland. (the original version lol)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Zannah

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

I feel pretty ashamed that this is the first time I'm reading a Vonnegut book. I always knew I would love him, I don't know why it's taken me this long.

Scylla

*claps for Zannah*  Very good book.  I remember reading a few of Vonnegut's in high school.

I'm into the Horus Heresy series of the Warhammer 40K novels.  On book two now, False Gods by Graham McNeill.  Gives a lot of insight into the biggest upset of the Warhammer 40K universe.

UltraFennec

Nearly a year post-release, I'm finally digging into Brandon Sanderson's Words of Radiance. Loved The Way of Kings, super excited to have cleared my backlog to get to this thick tome!

tealpurplesilver

I am reading The Long Road Home by Martha Raddatz.

Kendra

The Colour of Magic - Terry Pratchett

came highly recommended, so had to finally give in and read something Discworld

yobo

The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry.

Journey to Cubeville by Scott Adams.

VigilantLlama

The Secret History by Donna Tartt

msa24680

The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell...  for the 4th or 5th time since I've owned this book (roughly 18 years or so).

Bes

Quote from: Wolven Soul on February 13, 2015, 10:03:28 AM
If there is already a thread on this, my apologies, but I always like hearing what people are into reading.  Good way to find new things I might not have heard of.  So, watcha reading right now?

For myself, I am reading 'Ready Player One' by Earnest Cline.  Fantastic book that is just absolutely chock full of 80s culture.  I can't count how many times this book made me smile with a referance to some book, or game, or show, or movie that I have enjoyed in the past.  So if you like the 80s you will probably like this book.  If you like gaming, you will probably like this book.  If you like stories where little guys take on the big corporations, you will probably like this book.

Oh my gosh! I read Ready Player One last year and just loved it! It was an interesting take on the idea of a virtual world. Of course, being a child of the 80's, I loved all those references. Brought to mind a ton of great memories.
At present I am reading a few books. Herman Mellville's "Moby Dick", and "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath to name a couple. I also get e-mails from BookBub. Every day there is a short list of heavily discounted or even free eTitles. I've taken to just DLing all the free ones without thinking about it. That way I don't corner myself into the same genre. :)
A/A: Brain hasn't been working well lately. If I owe you words, I haven't forgotten. Just... working on it.

Blythe

The third part of the Divine Comedy--Paradiso by Dante Alighieri.  8-)

Jazra

Black Bellied Prince’s Stunning Abandoned Consort
Ons & Offs
Absences

Boy, “If I and a slice of pizza fall in the water, which do you save?

Girl, wipes grease off her chin, “Why'd you let my pizza fall in the water?”

Miranova

I am currently reading two books...

Krakatoa, by Simon Winchester

and

Rilla of Ingleside, by L.M. Montgomery

The first one is very interesting, but oh so dry to get through, so I've been reading through the Anne of Green Gables series as well.  I have to admit, I'm going through the series faster than I am Krakatoa...

Ralhend

The preparation instructions for a "Maruchan Instant Lunch" thingie...
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Nnaasttey

Frances C. Welsing's -- Isis Papers: The Key to the Colors
Nnaasttey in a nutshell :

My favorite kinks, what else i like and what i don't

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240005.0

Lady Sakura

Cause of Death: Forensic Files of a Medical Examiner - Stephen D. Cohle
(What I'm going to school for)

Phantomhive

Manga Black Butler book of circus before the series comes out on netflix yea
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

Tsumugi

Just reread the Laundry File's - Charles Stross - and found myself stalling on Annihilation Score

Also rereading through all Raymond E. Fiest's series while I wait for Patrick Rothfuss to bring out the third book in the Kingslayer Chronicle... one day it will happen ^o^

I want to bring myself to read the last of the Ian Banks, Culture novels as well but knowing there won't be any more makes it hard to finish u.u

NomadicNovak

Im actually rereading the entire Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Currently on The Vampire Lestat. Its such an amazing read from a talented writer.

Lain

I am reading the Desden Files by Jim Butcher
My Heritage Is Rebellion.