Problems with PM notifications or all notifications?

Started by Beguile's Mistress, February 06, 2015, 02:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Vekseid on February 17, 2015, 04:29:34 AM
You can try creating a filter to send things straight to your inbox? : /

I haven't tried that.  I'm not sure I want to mess with it.  I've spoken to my IT people here and a few other IT people I know and they have no idea what is going with this.  Since this started happening out of the blue and the only consistent aspect is the long PM message configuration it doesn't make sense.  Then there is the message I posted above that gmail is inserting in the spam emails. 

I've learned to live with and work around worse things on here so I suppose that is where I'm at again.

Valthazar

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on February 17, 2015, 09:38:48 AMI haven't tried that.  I'm not sure I want to mess with it.  I've spoken to my IT people here and a few other IT people I know and they have no idea what is going with this. 

This should sort it out - someone else can give a second opinion if they'd like:

1. Click the box next to any email from Elliquiy in Gmail.
2. Click "More" at the top (below the search bar).
3. Click "Filter messages like these."
4. Type "webmaster@elliquiy.com" in the 'From' field.
5. Click "Create filter with this search" at the bottom right of that box.
6. On the next window, check the box next to "Never send it to Spam."
7. Click "Create Filter."

Beguile's Mistress

Thank you for your help.  I appreciate it and hope it works.

Though why I need to filter messages all of a sudden puzzles me and why it's only Elliquiy messages compounds. 

Oreo

*is really interested to know if it works...leaves hugs*

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Gadifriald

I have a thought on why this could be happening with Gmail BeMi! This is speculation of course, however, e-mail services like Gmail have automatic spam filters and sometimes if you get a lot of messages from one website on a daily basis it will decide that it is spam. Why it does it to some messages and not others...computers is so stupid! *said like Yosemite Sam*
I am a mighty ravisher of captive damsels and princesses!

Beguile's Mistress

I've had the gmail account for several years and this has never happened until a few days before I started this thread.  It has NEVER happened with any other website I get notifications from.  It's terribly frustrating, too. 

Gadifriald

Gmail might have "upgraded" their spam filter or some such! Bet it is frustrating as all get-out! *gives BeMi a had to throw to the ground and jump up and down on* :-)
I am a mighty ravisher of captive damsels and princesses!

Beguile's Mistress

Well, I set up the filter as Valthasar suggested.  Thank you again.  It worked.  And when it works I get a gmail message in the email telling me:

This message was not sent to Spam because of a filter you created. Edit Filters

So that makes it sort of fixed since the system still wants to send it but I set it up to stop it going.  This, of course, means that I have to keep checking the Spam folder to make sure it stays on working and I'll need to put up with the big fat yellow bar with the message in it when I open some of the emails.

Oreo

*shakes head* At least it is not going to spam. Maybe your Gmail wants you to move to Hawaii, so you can properly enjoy your spam?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Beguile's Mistress

Ha!  It has the wrong person then cause I doesn't like Spam.  At one point in my life it was all my mother gave me to eat and after six months of the stuff just the sight of the can made me ill. 

Beguile's Mistress

I set up the filter and instead of messages being sent to spam they go to my Inbox with a notice in them telling me they were diverted from Spam because of my filter.  The problem seems to be more one of how much is in the post rather than what is in the post, not the content but how long the post is.  Elliquiy doesn't seem to be verifying those posts according to gmail.  (See the note above.)

A very recent post in a new thread triggered the spam watch.

Vekseid

Could you PM me the header of a raw e-mail (on the dropdown, 'show original') and pm me the contents of the header (everything before the message body) of a pm that was supposed to go to spam?

Beguile's Mistress

And now the system has decided to withhold some of the PM notifications. *le sigh*

Beguile's Mistress

The problem has cropped up again - PM notifications aren't happening for some messages.  They aren't going to spam this time.  They just aren't happening at all.

Vekseid

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on May 22, 2015, 06:59:32 AM
The problem has cropped up again - PM notifications aren't happening for some messages.  They aren't going to spam this time.  They just aren't happening at all.

My logs say you've gotten nearly six thousand notifications in the past week.

Could you guess at how many you received?

Vekseid

Try this. In gmail, start starring messages from us. That may help Google's algorithms get the hint.