All done!BASIC INFO:Legal Name:
NightcrawlerCitizenship and other legal info:
Citizen of England, on a Student VisaPlace of Birth:
Dark BlueEye color:
A lithe woman with bright yellow eyes, blue skin, three-fingered hands, three-toed feet, and a long tail.OTHER INFORMATION:Orientation:
Adrenaline, Sensuality, Oral (giving/receiving) (See player on/offs for more info)Offs:
Being confined, tail-pullingGoals:
Discover the truth about her origin, help make the world safe for peaceful coexistence between allWealth Level:
2 - Full time studentPersonality:
Caring and compassionate by nature, she is also occasionally mouthy. An adrenaline junkie and usually full of energy.SCHOOL INFO:Classes Taken or Taught:
Finished with High School, Freshman in College majoring in PhilosophyYear:
Fourth year attending - College FreshmanClub Memberships or Sponsorships:
Freerunning/Parkour Club, Kendo Club, Wood ShopSTATS:
- Ability to teleport herself and within limits a certain amount of additional mass which is in contact with her (including people). She consciously determines her point of return. The entire process occurs extremely quickly, but the teleportation is not instantaneous--the delay is generally only a handful of nanoseconds. Nightcrawler guides herself to her destination by an unconscious, natural direction-finding sense. Although Nightcrawler controls her teleportation ability with her conscious mind, her power to teleport is not psionic. Rather it is the result of an unknown biochemical/biophysical reaction which she triggers mentally.
When she disappears in teleporting, Nightcrawler leaves behind smoke with a stench reminiscent of burning brimstone. The reason for this discharge is unknown, but may be a byproduct of the biophysical reaction that allows her to teleport. The smoke tends to dissipate quickly, though she could theoretically fill a small room with the smokey vapor. This would, of course, greatly exhaust her. Her teleportation is invariably accompanied by the muffled sound of imploding air rushing to fill the vacuum left where Nightcrawler's body was. Nightcrawler's powers automatically displace liquids and gases when she arrives at her destination.
The longer the distance over which Nightcrawler teleports herself, the harder and more exhausting it is for her to make the teleportation "jump". Under optimal conditions, teleporting only herself and her costume, Nightcrawler can displace sherself a distance of about 2 miles. Making a vertical teleportation upwards is difficult and dangerous. Nightcrawler's ability to teleport vertically is roughly half of her normal maximum, and will almost assuredly completely exhaust her.
Nightcrawler's momentum is retained throughout the process of teleportation: she arrives with whatever amount of inertia she left with. For example, if she were falling from a great height, she could not teleport herself towards the ground in order to save herself; she would land with the same velocity that she teleported with. She can subtract this inertia by teleporting short distances upwards (as though taking two steps back for every one forward).
The limits to the mass that Nightcrawler can carry with her while teleporting, and the limits to the distance over which she can teleport herself with additional load is unknown. When she transports a passenger over even moderate distances, they both feel weakened and ill, to the point of exhaustion. Teleportation over further distances could be fatal. Through practice, Nightcrawler could slowly increase the limitations of what she can carry and how far she can carry it.
Nightcrawler can use her powers offensively by grappling with an enemy and teleporting him or her in a series of rapid jumps. The strain of these "multiple ports" can exhaust foes without superhuman endurance while Nightcrawler remains strong enough to continue fighting.Subconscious Spatial Awareness
- Nightcrawler has a very limited subconscious extrasensory ability that prevents her from teleporting herself so that any part of her body would appear within a solid object. Because this ability is so limited, however, Nightcrawler cannot teleport into any place that she cannot see or has not seen in the past.
This also gives her a limited ability to sense spatial disturbances around her, such as other beings or objects being teleported or portals being opened.Micro-Suction Discs
- Nightcrawler can stick to nearly any surface by her hands and feet, allowing her to climb even sheer walls.Camouflage
- Nightcrawler's skin passively absorbs any form of light within a very short range around her body, enabling her to blend into shadows to remain hidden.Superhuman Agility/Reflexes
- Nightcrawler's agility and reflexes are above normal human levels, giving her an excellent reaction time as well as acrobatic ability.ADVANTAGES: Flexible Bone Structure
- Nightcrawler's bone structure is mutated in such a way that she is extremely flexible. She can maintain nearly any position (such as crouching) for extended periods without straining her joints or otherwise becoming fatigued.Prehensile Tail
- Nightcrawler has a long, prehensile tail with a spaded tip. She can hold objects with it, hang from it, or use it for balance as needed. It is not strong enough to wield a weapon effectively, but it can be used for more dexterous manipulation.Night Vision
- Nightcrawler has a limited ability to see into the upper end of the infra-red spectrum, granting her an above-average ability to see in the dark.DISADVANTAGES: Human Physiology
- Despite her strange appearance, Nightcrawler is just as susceptible to any normal human ailment.Demon Physiology
- Perhaps in keeping with her demonic appearance, Nightcrawler suffers from a condition that swaps the effects of positive and negative energy--for example effects that heal others directly harms her instead.Mutant Appearance
- Unlike some mutants Nightcrawler's appearance makes her stand out very obviously as a mutant, making it impossible to hide in a crowd without additional help.Soft-Hearted
- She has a compassionate nature (some almost calling her soft to a degree) and is thus easily taken advantage of by those who can manipulate her compassionate side. Furthermore, she will avoid killing at all costs, and will prevent others from killing if she is present and able to stop them. She will even go so far as to tend to wounded enemies after fighting has stopped.SKILLS: Freerunning/Parkour
- She has extensive practice with freerunning, which has only been enhanced with her mutant abilities.Kendo
- She has begun to learn Kendo recently in an effort to better learn how to defend herself and others. She has been practicing for two years now.Meditation
- She routinely practices meditation largely due to her religious beliefs.HISTORY:
Daughter of the mutant Azazel
. Her mother was a normal human woman from England who dabbled in the occult and attracted the attention of the Infernal Mutant. Being interested in growing his family of successors and soldiers Azazel managed to make one of his brief foyers to Earth and seduced the woman. They had a decidedly brief relationship, near the end of which Azazel revealed himself to her and commanded her to care for the child that was growing within her. Though she saw the pregnancy to term she was unable to ultimately carry out the order as she died in child-birth.
Despite some concern over her odd appearance she was taken to a foster home and grew up among other orphaned children. This isn't to say that her upbringing was easy--quite the contrary. She managed to make friends with the other children when they were younger, and managed to make good friends with a couple of them that lasted into her early teens. Still the foster parents kept her hidden away, not wanting anyone to know that they harbored the Demonic-looking girl. Naturally she became fixated on her appearance just as everyone else seemed to be. Of course being the exuberant (and willful) child she was she managed to sneak out often to explore the city.
The city was her jungle-gym and she was quite adept at climbing into places she shouldn't have been, or jumping over gaps others might have had trouble with. Still, she was young and had little knowledge of the world at large. She inevitably was cornered and confronted by a small gang of racist, older teens. She managed to evade them and run until she came to a small home and began knocking frantically on the door. It was inhabited by a kindly, blind man with a seeing-eye dog who helped her stay hidden from the gang. They got to talking, the older man revealing that he had been a Buddhist monk for a time and consoled her after she began opening up to him. She didn't explain about her appearance as he was the first person who didn't know one way or another what she looked like.
She returned many times over the years, stopping by for a cup of tea and pleasant conversations. He was a sort of spiritual guide for her and helped calm the more rebellious part of her nature by showing her a means to bring about an inner peace despite what others might have thought about her. When she arrived one night she found his home on fire and in a panic she rushed inside to try and help. She found him passed out in the kitchen, the seeing eye dog no where to be seen. She knelt over him as the smoke filled the room, shaking him briefly before wrapping her arms around him in an attempt to pick him up and get him outside. It was then that her mutant powers first manifested. In a moment she teleported with him out to the sidewalk where a crowd had begun to gather. When the demon-like girl appeared with the unconscious man it was easy for them to see her as the person responsible for the fire.
As the group was about to seize her she managed to vanish again, awkwardly teleporting herself to safety until she ended up in an abandoned tenement, inside an old loft apartment. Sobbing quietly she heard a voice in her mind--Professor Xavier. He, and a handful of his mutants, arrived shortly after to try and calm her. He offered her a place at the school where she could fit in among other mutants and learn to hone her skills. Having little reason to remain she agreed to join.
Four years have passed since then, she has found a place to call home and friends that she can call "family", though still she wonders where she came from. But her selfless attitude keeps her positive and willing to help others before worrying about her own troubles.