Right, so I'm looking to start a game that will revolve around the Inqusition, set primarily in Skyhold but going beyond to take part in all manner of missions, questions and escapades. The game will be set eighty years after the events of the game. There are three elements to the IC of this game.
- Skyhold - Skyhold will be used as a persistant 'downtime' IC location. Players can have their characters just being around, taking care of business, having a few drinks. Doing whatever it is they like doing.
- The Main Plot - There is a particular plot I have in mind, the plot will be played out across several threads, after each thread of the Main Plot is finished we will 'move up' the Skyhold thread. Think of it almost as episodic content, everything that happens in the down time thread is assumed to be happening before anyone departs for a Main Plot Mission, this way you can keep RPing there indefinitely without needing to worry about if something that happens in the Main Plot will cause a conflict. Once the Main Plot thread is done, Skyhold moves onto 'the next day' so to speak, and everyone can adapt to events of the Main Plot.
- The War Table - While I intend to GM the game, I would be very interested in players running once off threads that give other players a situation to deal with, anything from clearing a bandit cave, hunting down a dragon or attending some event as an Ambassador of the Inquisition. Players will submit the idea for a thread to me via PM, I'll set up a 'War Table' thread occasionally, list all the potential issues for the Inqusition to deal with, players decide what they wish to chase down, then the thread is passed over to the player that submitted the idea to GM the event. This way there can be constant adventures for the Inquisition to take part in, even if for some reason I cannot update or need to go MIA for a bit. It also means there shall be different minds creating adventures, keep things fresh.
For the sake of the plot, I will define certain decisions made in the original game.
- The Inquisitor (or the Herald of Andraste) was a female Qunari Warrior, Herah Adaar.
- Herah disbanded the Templar Order and brought them under the Inquisition banner but would also later construct a Mages Tower in the Fortress, providing the means to train and equip both Templars & Mages of the Inqusition.
- During the Assault against the Grey Wardens Fortress, Warden Stroud was left behind to hold off the Demon. The Wardens later joined the Inqusition but their numbers were heavily damaged during the conflict against Corypheus.
- During the ball at the Winter Palace, Empress Celene was saved. Herah convinced Celene & Gaspard to unite for the sake of Orlais.
- At the Well of Sorrows, Morrigan was forced to kill the Sentinel Abelas, Herah allowed her to drink from the Well which would later provide them the knowledge to defeat Corypheus.
- Cassandra would become the next Divine.
- Many years later, Herah would retire from the Inquisition to spend the rest of her life with her love, Sera.
Any potential role in the Inqusition will be open to the characters, a few selections being: The Inquisitor: Reserved - JuggtacularThe Commander: Reserved - PrimarchThe Senechal (Spymaster):
OpenThe Diplomat: Reserved - la dame en noirFirst Enchanter: Reserved - xSnorkleRainbowHead Scout:
OpenLiaison of Orlais:
OpenLiaison of Ferelden:
OpenKnight-Captain of Griffon Wing Keep:
OpenKnight Captain of Caer Bronach:
Plus the numerous Agents and other servants of the Inquisition. The game itself will be Freeform, though I imagine as is common with DA RPs, we'll use the class/talent system to select abilities to provide a guideline to a characters areas of strength and style.
So...are people interested? Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
___________________Character Template Sheet:Player:
Player name here pleaseCharacter:
Character nameOrigin Path:
Very brief background concept to the effect of 'Human Noble' or 'Dalish Elf' Appearance:
DA:I screenshot or 'real' images pleasePosition:
Rank/title/occupation within the InquisitionClass:
Character Class (plus specialization)Skills:
Players may use this Talent Calculator
, with 20 points to spend. This page may also be helpfulEquipment:
General description will suffice, in game items may also be referenced. Uniques allowed.Mount:
The noble steed your character travels about on Favourite Gifts:
What sort of gift does your character particularly enjoy? Some like maps, others like wildflowers, some favour handjobsHated Gifts:
What sort of gift would make your character dislike someone for giving them? Some don't understand why anyone would gift a map, find wildflowers only good for burning and some get nothing out of a handjob. Backstory:
Your characters life and adventures up until this point. Other:
Any information you wish to include not detailed anywhere above. You may also place additional images of your character, please use spoiler tags if you are. Ons: