You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 10:05:48 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Rumori Academy of Personal Excellence (Interest Check/seeking assistance)  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Rumoi Academy of Personal Excellence (Interest Check/seeking assistance)
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »
Yeah, that's probably a bit too simple. I'd like there to be some form of distinction between Cute, Sexy, Smart, and Sporty students, so encounters with specific student types feel a bit more varied/unique, but I think specializing them so much that they'd become akin to character classes would be too much.

I have some ideas for how to convert the Star WArs SAga system for a game like this, Datawych.  Would that interest you? 

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 07:44:11 PM »
Oh, an important thing to ask for a game like this, Data-chan.  Do you want the monsters too be player characters in their own right?  Or does it sufice starting off to build them as monsters, rather than characters with an alien anatomy and character classes. 

Offline Zeth

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 08:10:11 PM »
Oh, an important thing to ask for a game like this, Data-chan.  Do you want the monsters too be player characters in their own right?  Or does it suffice starting off to build them as monsters, rather than characters with an alien anatomy and character classes.

Datawych said in her first post she wanted this to feel like a silly competition with some players as Tentacle Monsters trying to 'capture' students and other players as  Students trying to evade 'capture'. At some point one Tentacle Monster is awarded the title "Most Successful" and a Student "Hardest Prey". She wants a light weight system that won't bog the games down with rolls.

Offline Crash

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 08:20:19 PM »
I have heard OVA is good, but I have not tried it myself.

Offline Zeth

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2015, 08:25:05 PM »
OVA is great. I run a game about space pirates and magical girls on E with it.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2015, 09:42:01 PM »
Here's what I've come up with as a core mechanic for Sexcraft Saga Edition: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tK3YSG8haKzSwMtkcxMh6jYK834lcuHGBbTCDYIlrRs/edit?usp=sharing

Would love some feedback, though it does reference the rest of the Star Wars Saga System core mechanic. 

Offline Zeth

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 07:09:16 PM »
I'm going to bow out. My plate is too full already.

Offline steelsmiter

• Special Constable Wossname Ferret
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the Glorious Revolution with the People's Republic of Treacle Mine Road
  • you don't need a reason to help people
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 08:43:01 PM »
A lot has been said since I proposed BESM 3. I don't know OVA or SWSE myself, so I wouldn't be able to play either of those I don't think. I'll keep tabs on this thread if something interesting pops up though.

Offline Snake

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »
I am still interested myself but I don't quite understand the systems floating around here. Can't it just be freeform? If you don't want your char caught and ravished at some point. one should'nt join a game like this one. Just accept it'll happen eventually and just have fun with it?

Offline Astrofig

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »
^That's exactly what I was saying---having all these rules and dice rolls is way too complicated.

Offline Muse

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
  I'd enjoy myself either way.  Freeform with a good group doesn't get in the way of storytelling.  :P 

This is a system adjustment I've been wanting to write for a while.  Datawych asking for one just gave me an excuse. 

Offline steelsmiter

• Special Constable Wossname Ferret
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the Glorious Revolution with the People's Republic of Treacle Mine Road
  • you don't need a reason to help people
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2015, 04:44:18 PM »
let everyone design a character in a way that makes it so characters are balanced
My only problem is that this is pretty much  impossible to do without a system.  If you guys want freeform I'm not going to bother trying to stop you, but it won't be balanced, and I assume you're ok with that. That said, any of the ideas proposed, which have readily accessible SRD type pages I'd be down for. And like some here I have reservations about certain content. Whereas someone else doesn't want girl on girl, I don't want any post I have to read to contain anal. Which may be too much to actually allow me to play in this game, but that doesn't make me actually disinterested in the prospect.

Offline Sol Lua

Re: Rumori Academy of Personal Excellence (Interest Check/seeking assistance)
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
Still interested.  I'd go either free form or simple rolls, like the 1d100 rules suggested, maybe with a couple mods.

Offline Zeth

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2015, 01:08:18 AM »
What I personally liked was the Deviations dice roll system. Both people rolled a 1d100 before the action really commenced and it determined the winner of the combat before combat began. Another 1d100 was rolled to see what degree of damage the victim would incur. However in this case, we could roll the second time to determine the defense or ease at which the girl escapes. Also I am sure we could just add modifiers to make take into account different personality types or girl's attributes.

Here is their system:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=9140494;topic=189067.0;last_msg=9645382

Your link takes you to a reply box, not the actual thread. Here is the link to the thread you wanted to show.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=189067.msg9140494#msg9140494

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:50:42 PM by Zeth »

Offline Zeth

Well it seems this idea is dead. May I make a spin off game based on it?

Offline DatawychTopic starter

• In the virulent throes of Freud's penis envy
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Great thing about being insane? You're never bored
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Oops, sorry. I had stopped checking the thread regularly as it seemed there wasn't enough interest (particularly in the 'deciding how the game should work' area) to get things going.

Yeah, feel free to base something on the idea if you want.

Offline Snake

Man I'm sort of wondering if this RP will ever get off the ground again