The Outcast: Dante's Inferno (Jacqueline Caery's Agent of Hel series)

Started by BlackStone, January 12, 2015, 10:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

Donald Frasier Hastings, Baron of Gascony and Knight of the Third crusade who was the inspiration behind the epic poem "Dante's Inferno".    In reality he was a man that committed adultery and avenged his wife of the rapist that killed her while he was at the Crusades.   Killed by the rapist noble patron, Donald is sent to Heaven and judged unfit to pass into the gates of Heaven.   He is also found unit for Hell, and thus becomes a ghoul, one of the Outcast, immortal dead that survive by feeding off the emotions of  humanity.

It is now 2012 in the community of Lake Sinclair, Louisiana, a stones throw away from New Orleans.  In fact many consider it a suburb of the city.   Spare the worst of the onslaught of Hurricane Katrina, Lake Sinclair is a very prosperous and wealthy community harkening back to the days of the Old South.   It also has the Unseelie Underworld beneath it under the Sithen, the fairy mound for the Unseelie Court and the domain of Mab, Queen of Air and Darkness.

Dante is the owner if "Inferno", a BDSM club used to consolidate his power among the Outcast in the area.   He is also an agent of Mab, one of her Ravens and enforcer of her will in Lake Charles, maintaining one of the last refuges of the supernatural in the world.

You character can either be supernatural or normal, looking for Dante specifically or going to Inferno on a lark, or harboring secret dark fantasies wanting to be expressed.   From there they get drawn into a plot that would threaten the stability of natural and super natural alike.

That is my current craving.   This story does take place before events in Jacqueline Caery's latest book in the Agent of Hel series, Poison Fruit.    If this idea does grab you, please take a look at my On and Offs and my current writings page and see if we would be a good match.   I look forward to hearing from you.

Blackstone