You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 02:01:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Small group, cooperative Pathfinder: starter thread  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Mantis Shrimp Prime

Re: Small group, cooperative Pathfinder: starter thread
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2015, 11:13:26 PM »
I don't think brawler/monk is allowed, since brawler is a hybrid of monk and fighter.  The concept is interesting, though.  Also, the bloodrager would probably make a better villain.

That clause refers specifically to prestige classes that progress abilities like two classes, not base classes.

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »
Okay, so, instead, I'm going to go with a ranger/monk (zen archer).  So he's an archer. o_o

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2015, 12:25:36 AM »
Okay, so, instead, I'm going to go with a ranger/monk (zen archer).  So he's an archer. o_o

I guess you could say all his enemies will be in the...  danger zone.
(⌐■_■)

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2015, 12:29:53 AM »
Yeah, Paizo scrapped the "no multiclassing with a parent class" idea for hybrids. I see no reason why it should be restricted for gestalt. At best, you're creating a character on par with other gestalts, who trades their flexibility for focus. at worst, you get something that makes you ask, "why bother?" (Hunter / Druid and Witch / Shaman for instance, seem like terrible combos.) it's far from overpowere, and for the sake of swashbuckler / Rogues everywhere, I say, let them be!

So are we just lobbing out character ideas for any of the ideas, or...?

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2015, 12:51:16 AM »
I'm getting the character ideas out of my system, so I can settle on one and not feel like I shoulda tried something else.

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2015, 12:15:45 PM »
   *Pathfinder Bonus*: Favored Class Bonuses; Want to just say that you pick a gestalt class as your favored class, and gain one of the following: +2 hit Points, +2 skill points, +1 HP and +1 Skill point, +1 HP and one alternate FCB, +1 Skill point and one alternate FCB, or the FCB of both classes in your favored gestalt?

I really like your work, and I didn't realize that this was how you did things.

Question:

Starting GP for 6th levels is 16,000.  Is this sufficient?  Or should it be a little higher?

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2015, 09:00:08 PM »
I'd rather leave one favored bonus, especially as I plan on taking one class all the way through, and multiclassing the other "side."

Regarding wealth, gestalts are 1.5 levels/level, so I would imagine that the level 4 game would start with 6th level wealth, and the level  game would start with level 9.  I'm only interested in the level 4 one, by the way.

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2015, 10:06:39 PM »
The 1.5 levels thing is a mechanic for calculating appropriate challenge rating for encounters vs. gestalts. They're still level 4 characters, and would get level 4 wealth.

Not sure what you mean by the multiclassing thing though.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2015, 10:11:44 PM »
For multiclassing, I meant that my level 4 gestalt would be a level 4 magus, level 2 rogue, level 2 fighter.

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2015, 12:45:53 AM »
The details for the first story idea (which is the one I still liked), were level 4 gestalt, 25 point buy, 12000 starting gold, 1 trait.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2015, 01:55:57 AM »
Yes, which is what I just described.