You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:06:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Epic Fantasy with a Little Bit of Modernism Thrown In - Solo or Small Group  (Read 280 times)

Offline GnothiSeautonTopic starter

• The Baddest Bitch in All the Realm. Mother of The Bieber. Defender of the Brotherfucking Faith. Captain of the Raven. Queen of Gilea. Lover of all things Kenneth Parcell and Lucielle Bluth.
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land by day, Isle of the Damned by night, Church of the Sacred Union every Sunday
  • "Illiteracy?!? What does that word even mean?"
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Title:  Untitled
Seeking:  Male or Female Writers
Setting:  Modern and Medieval-Type Fantasy

This could easily have been a group game, with it's scale and characters.  However, after having a bit of fatigue when it comes to running groups, I'd ideally like to do this as a solo, or as a small group if there's a lot of interest.  Between two people, there would be a considerable amount of NPCs to write and play, which is fine with me.

What I had in mind is something of an epic fantasy story, combining the modern world and a medieval-type fantasy world.  There is the modern world, our world, which is unchanged and seemingly normal.  But beneath it all, connected by a few remaining threads, is another world, a place where a majority of legends and lore in our current, modern world, originate and live.  It's a little bit like Once Upon a Time, but instead of there being the actual individuals, like Snow White, Cinderella, etc., they're just histories and tales from the Fantasy World.

In this fantasy world, there are two types of magic.  The Light, which thrives on hope, on love, optimism, and happiness, and the Dark, which thrives on despair, gloom, and oppression.  For centuries and centuries, the Light has held sway and power in the Fantasy World, until the rise of the Dark and a great and terrible war which devastated the country and consumed it.  Out of desperation, with the forces of darkness at the gates of the last remaining stronghold of the light, Merlin, the great Wizard of the Light, took the young newborn princess away in the cover of darkness, and took her into the Modern world, hiding her with relatives in the hopes that the forces of darkness would never find her.

Years later, after the Dark has won the war, and began to transform the world into that one of darkness, a small group of individuals, believers in the Light, and under the guidance of Merlin, enter through one of the last remaining portals connecting the Modern World and this Fantasy World to bring back their princess, who has had no knowledge of this world, this life of hers, in order to destroy the darkness and claim her birthright.

I had thought of there being elements from the modern world in this fantasy world, things that were brought back through the portals, when there were plenty, such as books, trinkets, even weapons, like automatic weapons.  But with the portals being closed, dying with the power of Light magic, they have been becoming rarer and rarer to get hands on.

Like I said, I wouldn't be opposed to this being turned into a small group game, and I'm always up for changing elements and story lines.

• The Baddest Bitch in All the Realm. Mother of The Bieber. Defender of the Brotherfucking Faith. Captain of the Raven. Queen of Gilea. Lover of all things Kenneth Parcell and Lucielle Bluth.
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land by day, Isle of the Damned by night, Church of the Sacred Union every Sunday
  • View My Rolls
The image that kind of helped to spark the idea...

Offline Chreestafer

I like the concept you have here :)

is it still open?

Offline LuciferOs

Would this have no sex themes ?

• Lady
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
I like the concept you have here :)

is it still open?

Thanks!

It is still open, but I'm waiting a little bit, to give others a chance to look over it and think it over, before settling on someone or a group of individuals.

Would this have no sex themes ?

I'm not opposed to sexual scenes and relationships.  I just don't want it to become the focus or driving force behind the story.

Offline Chreestafer

Thanks!

It is still open, but I'm waiting a little bit, to give others a chance to look over it and think it over, before settling on someone or a group of individuals.

I'm not opposed to sexual scenes and relationships.  I just don't want it to become the focus or driving force behind the story.

It's cool, I understand :)

Let me know as I am open to solo or small group game.  And I love plot driven rps that focus more on story with sex as a secondary.  So I'm definitely interested :)