You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 02:35:36 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition  (Read 4539 times)

Online eternaldarkness

Re: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2015, 06:39:46 PM »
Also, those of you who don't have access to the full PHB, PM me and i'll give you a feat that feat that fits your character.

Offline LuciferOs

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2015, 12:08:43 AM »
that is a good way to spend gold ruby,

i will stop telling others what to buy then, I find myself corrected :)

Cool character btw ! And if you cant open anything because its a magical lock, I have a spell that may be able to help, being a wizard I may even be able to recognise what parts of monsters make up components that other wizards value (I think anyway) which is worth your time preserving.

Offline Stephie613

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2015, 10:21:40 AM »
I should probably officially say hi in this thread, so hi! :p

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2015, 12:50:58 PM »
that is a good way to spend gold ruby,

i will stop telling others what to buy then, I find myself corrected :)

Cool character btw ! And if you cant open anything because its a magical lock, I have a spell that may be able to help, being a wizard I may even be able to recognise what parts of monsters make up components that other wizards value (I think anyway) which is worth your time preserving.

There are few skills she doesn't have at this point.  ;D

Online eternaldarkness

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2015, 02:50:17 AM »
Another random little houserule: An additional function of the Druidcraft cantrip is that it can be used to unerringly determine blood relation between two people, out to about the degree of third cousins. Direct blood relation (Parent/Child or Siblings) is 100% accurate. The downside is obviously you have to get both people who are to be affected in one place (they have to be within 10 ft. of the caster and within 5 feet of eachother).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:55:12 AM by eternaldarkness »

Offline LuciferOs

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2015, 03:53:31 AM »
Would she also be able to work out parts of plants and natural creatures that is valuable as components or study references ? Could she help out rubies character also ?

Where a wizard may be able to recognize components and interesting parts of say magical creatures or inanimate objects ?

Online eternaldarkness

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2015, 03:57:53 AM »
Would she also be able to work out parts of plants and natural creatures that is valuable as components or study references ? Could she help out rubies character also ?

Where a wizard may be able to recognize components and interesting parts of say magical creatures or inanimate objects ?
Anybody with the Nature skill can do that. Druidcraft just specifically lets you determine geneaology, and actually you could use it to trace an entire family line if you could get enough members of a bloodline together. In general, i'll allow effects like this with existing spells provided they make sense - Prestidigitation, the arcane equivalent of Druidcraft, could do other things beides what's listed too if they make sense as a small, useful arcane effect.

Offline LuciferOs

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2015, 05:23:44 AM »
If Prestidigitation allows one to recognise valuable aspects that is worth preserving or selling,
can I change my mage armor spell to Prestidigitation in my character sheet ?

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2015, 07:17:40 AM »
There are very few skills my character can't use.  ;D

Online eternaldarkness

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2015, 06:50:09 PM »
Not that it matters, since nobody is playing one, but additional houserule for warlocks (the best class in the game, IMO :D ):

Blade pact warlocks CAN make artifacts and sentient weapons into pact weapons, and even banish them to an extradimensional space like any other pact weapon. However, sentient weapons and artifacts so affected can still employ their magical influence on the warlock and can sense the world through the warlocks senses while so banished, and sentient weapons can communicate telepathically with the warlock, and some may even be able to summon themselves without the warlocks permission.

Offline LuciferOs

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2015, 08:00:33 PM »
Screw it I will use "Arcana" to work out whats worth keeping.

Offline zenpai

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2015, 10:43:35 AM »
Any room for a blood elf druid

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2015, 03:39:53 PM »
Got a new computer so sorry for the delay in posting, needed to get it set-up and anti-virus and security walks up before doing anything else.

Offline LuciferOs

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2015, 12:49:49 AM »
np ruby.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2015, 09:55:59 AM »
Well I like this laptop it has a bigger screen, four times the RAM memory and a 50% boost in HD memory much better than my old crappy one for playing on-line games on. But is all set-up now.

Offline DarknessBorne

« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2015, 03:19:20 AM »
Greetings and salutations.  I am a newbie currently wending his way through the approval process, and have been hankering to take 5th Edition out for a test spin and kick the tires.

If you still have space in this game, I would like to play a fighter (archer, mainly, with ranger a possibility).  He was burned out of his village in his early teens by an orc/goblin raid.  He thus had to grow up quickly, becoming inured to an itinerant life, working as everything from a blacksmith's apprentice to caravan guard and general sell-sword.  However, his primary martial skill is the longbow, as he learned at an early age that bringing down adversaries at a distance is far safer than having to confront them in melee combat!

His alignment would best be described as Neutral with Lawful tendencies.  On the road, he has developed a personal code of honor, learning that a man's word and reputation are among the most valuable assets.  He thus strives to uphold his--though because he does this in self-interest rather than as part of a larger cosmic ethos, he gets no "Good" credit for it alignment-wise.  He will fight Evil race like those that vanquished his home, but he is a mercenary who has no special love or kindness for the rest of humanity (some of whom treated him rather poorly when he was on the road).

If including this character in your campaign interests you, please let me know.

Offline Sir Percival the Gallant

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2015, 03:52:26 PM »
Are there several games going on or just one? I'd love to try out 5e, too. I haven't played D&D in quite a while, so I'd need somewhat of a refresher, but it would probably come back. Maybe if there's a newbie group, I could join that one.

Offline JsHLDantes

• ~ acolyte of Aphrodite ~
  • Lady
  • Bacchae
  • “The very essence of romance is uncertainty.”
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2015, 05:36:09 AM »
I'm interested.  I'm familiar with 5e, really love it, and own the books as well.

Offline LuciferOs

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2015, 10:27:30 PM »
eternaldarkness is handling this for the moment (and has a thread going).

He will be back in a few days - so you can discuss with him the possibility of joining with him soon.

Offline selfexiled

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2015, 03:11:20 PM »
This caught my attention. I've been rolling in 3.5 for a good month now. Didn't know they had all the way to 5 but if you have the space I have a PC I can adjust.

Offline JsHLDantes

• Lady
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2015, 08:23:23 PM »
eternaldarkness is handling this for the moment (and has a thread going).

He will be back in a few days - so you can discuss with him the possibility of joining with him soon.

Thank you! I really would like to join a forum game..

Online eternaldarkness

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2015, 10:29:37 PM »
Thank you! I really would like to join a forum game..

I'm back, and as a few players are presently unable to continue i'll happily accept a few more players. Just post your characters in the Character Thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=220840.0

and when you're all approved, hop in the IC thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=220947.0

Offline JsHLDantes

• Lady
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2015, 12:46:25 AM »
I'm back, and as a few players are presently unable to continue i'll happily accept a few more players. Just post your characters in the Character Thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=220840.0

and when you're all approved, hop in the IC thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=220947.0

Give me a day or so to get a character sheet together?  I'll no doubt be a Ranger...half-elf.  What level are people starting at?

Offline LuciferOs

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2015, 01:47:00 AM »
we are all level 3 - someone else tell her how much gold we start with i cant recall.

Offline JsHLDantes

• Lady
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2015, 12:35:51 AM »
we are all level 3 - someone else tell her how much gold we start with i cant recall.

I have a 5e PHB and DM guide.  If you are following that, I can figure it out. If not, yes, please let me know.