I would like to DM ( or play, if someone has a strong inclination to DM ) a 4e game, set in the Forgotten Realms. I'd like to play using roll20
– it's really a requirement for me, as it just makes rolling and keeping track of the map easy – while also providing interesting roleplaying opportunities. I'd like to get at least 3 players, and no more than 5. My time zone is CET, but I'm generally available quite late - often as late as 4AM CET / 10 PM EST - on all days. I'd like starting a low level, but not entirely from the beginning.
With regard to the plot, here's what I have: It will be set in Cormyr, in the 4e Forgotten Realms timeline. Our heroes will be involved in dealing with both foreign and domestic threats to Cormyr, and I will try to include a balance of combat and intrigue. In what ratio depends, not least on the opinions of interested parties.
I previously said I wouldn't restrict peoples' character choices, and that's still true - with a few limitations. I don't have any set roles for people to fill, but some preferences or archetypes, if you will, which I would appreciate if at least some characters could fill. I'll include more of these than there will be players, so that no one should feel pressured into picking a particular one. And, of course, if you'd rather come up with your own, that's entirely fine - so long as the character's presence can somehow be justified in a conflict involving Cormyr and Netheril ( a renegade drow could likely fit - a dragonborn from Abeir would be trickier ). A few of the ones I'd like are:
- A Purple Dragon Squire. In essence, a character who is on the path to becoming a Purple Dragon Knight - without the player necessarily being forced into that path when or if the time comes ( as such, references to Forgotten Realms paragon paths below are meant as archetypes, rather than necessarily being what I expect people to play ).
- A War Wizard of Cormyr Apprentice - much the same as above, and likely a partner of the squire described above.
- A Ghost of Eventide - a rogue from Cormyr, with experience dealing with Netheril.
- An Umbriri, a shadowy, magical fighter previously aligned with Netheril - likely to face scrutiny from both sides.
- An elf of the Dales - possibly a ranger with a also fighting against Netheril, who gets dragged into a more complex conflict.
I don't know what else to mention right off the bat, but I'd welcome questions. If something isn't mentioned here already, it's likely because my mind isn't entirely made up on the relevant point yet, and I'd love the chance to, well, make it up.