You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 26, 2016, 10:13:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Seeking literate roleplay partner(s).  (Read 752 times)

Offline crossroadsandcharmsTopic starter

Seeking literate roleplay partner(s).
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:20:07 AM »
I'm currently NOT looking to start any new roleplays!

Ons and Offs:

I'm open to playing with partners of all genders and sexual orientations, and the same goes for characters.  Like the story, but the pairing doesn't work for you?  Tell me what does work, and we'll go from there.  I don't mind making dramatic changes and reworking plots to accommodate partners!

The Asylum - (Subtle horror.  Supernatural events.  Doctor/patient dynamic.  80/20 plot to smut ratio.)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

From ghoulies and ghosties to long leggedy beasties,
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us.

The asylum has been quiet for seven years, the same length of time that August Greybourne has walked the halls.  He's an intellectual, a scholarly man in his mid-thirties.  Tall, thin, and a bit nervous in his mannerisms.  His bedside manner is remarkably empathetic; the patients respond well to him, and he has a pleasant enough rapport with his colleagues and the rest of the staff.

Lately, he's been a little more anxious.  He hasn't been sleeping well, and the loud noises that are commonplace within the asylum walls, set his nerves on edge.

This is the situation that YC enters.  S/he has been certified insane... in the late 19th century, when inconvenient family members and spouses could be easily locked away.  Just two certificates signed by physicians -- who were well-paid for their time.  YC arrives like a force of nature, furious at the betrayal and the staff who keep him/her confined from the world.

Our characters are, of course, meant to be.  Mine realizes that yours isn't insane... while yours begins to suspect that mine is gradually losing his mind.  Meanwhile, the asylum is beginning to stir, and even the new patients and staff are starting to get nervous, hearing whispers and rumors of what happened there seven years prior.

The Apprentice - (Modern day setting, supernatural characters.  Teacher/student dynamic.  Skeletons in the closet.  80/20 plot to smut ratio.) - Taken.

Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life.
- Shakespeare

Noah Coventry has walked through life knowing that his father, a Tempestarii, murdered a family in an act of revenge.  That was the same night he lost his older sister to suicide.  It's never mentioned.  Life has moved on as though nothing happened, and aside from that knowledge quietly haunting him, it doesn't see the light of day until his parents are killed in the most mundane way: a car accident.

He returns home and begins to settle his parents' estate.  There, he learns more about what happened that night... and that YC survived, and was placed in foster care.

YC is, as an adult, in a position where s/he could use a bit of rescuing.  (No victim personalities, though.)  S/he has endured a difficult life, and is quick to accept an offer from a kind stranger: alone in an empty house, Noah Coventry reaches out, offering to take him/her on in an apprentice, and provide room, board, and a substantial paycheck in exchange for housekeeping services.

An apprentice of what?  Magic, of course.  He doesn't explain explicitly in the beginning, but his intent is to teach YC to control his/her latent gifts... and to do anything he can to atone for the sins of his father, which will gradually come to light.

Into the Dark - (Modern.  Horror elements, werewolves.  Taming the savage.  Small town Americana setting.  70/30 plot to smut ratio.)

I see a bad moon rising.  I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightning.  I see those bad times today.
- Creedence Clearwater Revival

There's an urban myth that surfaces in Cottonwood Valley, when residents rake the fallen leaves into tidy piles on their neatly manicured lawns.  A serial killer lurks in the woods, responsible for the nearly suspiciously frequent animal attacks that plague the otherwise peaceful American town.

As rumor tells it, a drifter came into town and the night he left, three teenagers went camping in the woods.  Search parties found two bodies, and the torn, bloodstained clothes of the third.  That was ten years ago.

There's a grain of truth behind the story.  YC wants to know more and rents a cabin in the area.  Or maybe s/he isn't a local, and rents the cabin for other reasons... and learns the story gradually, through town residents.  (IDK.  Your character, so the motives are yours to define.)

Meanwhile, Joel Calhoun has been trapped in a wolf's body for almost a decade.  He's nearly forgotten what it meant to be human when a presence in the woods draws his attention.  He stalks and corners YC, who changes him (intentionally or inadvertently) to human form.

Will YC tame the savage beast, or will he return to the wild?

The Scientists - Taken.

They're known each other since grade school.  They were rivals then, and as colleagues, there's tension in the air between them. 

One of them stumbles across something, a plant or chemical, an intense aphrodisiac.  He keeps it a secret, a tempting secret, until one night when he's stayed up too late, drinking too much wine.

He tells the other scientist, who is interested, curious, but unwilling to be the first human subject.

A wise decision, since the effects of the aphrodisiac return at inconvenient times, inconvenient places, and he has only one person to call...

Developing Taken.

An individual has been frequenting the same establishment (bar, magazine stand, coffee shop, photo developer) for years, and an employee has fallen, and fallen hard, over him and he doesn't know it.  One day, he doesn't show up.  Not the day after, not the day after that.

He was kidnapped by an individual who held and tortured him.  He doesn't return to his routine for a month, when the criminal is apprehended.

Our story will begin on the day he steps back into his routine and back into her life.

Good Neighbors - Taken.

I want an excuse to write about beautiful, dreamy settings.  Maybe dark and foreboding ones, too.  Gloom and lights shining through the fog.  I'm thinking that an individual on a nightly walk encounters a fairy creature and she takes him on quite the adventure before returning him to the outskirts of his town.

If you would like to discuss those ideas, or any others (including non-erotic roleplay), please send me a private message.  If you want to talk, feel free to send a message too, I don't bite.

Thanks for stopping by,
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:44:55 AM by crossroadsandcharms »

Re: Seeking literate roleplay partner(s).
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 04:22:01 AM »
Added a link to ons/offs, and added a new idea (Good Neighbors).

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 03:22:18 AM »
Added: Night Terrors.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 01:06:54 AM »
Added: Into the Dark

Revised other plot ideas to include more detail.