The Exiled ~ Fantasy, No System, Sandbox With Quests [interest check]

Started by Cynadea, December 15, 2014, 05:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

At different points in time for each of the races, people with new gifts have surfaced. In some of the most magical races, these were embraced. Among the humans, for whom magic was something of a myth, they are feared, cast aside. The human king, fearing civil unrest, has exiled all those with the gift and their family along with them if they wished to follow. They are cast on an island known to be inhospitable, nearly 20 years after the exile began, the gifted people have turned things around and are now owners of a fertile soil, or plentiful mines, and the sea is generous too.

But what are these gifts? Children are born with control over one of seven elements. A bit in the same way then that of Avatar: Airbender. Air, Earth, Fire, Water but also Lightning, Light and Dark. Only, the gifts have an influence on the individual. It takes some of their personality traits and changes them. For example, fire-gifted young adult could have the warmth and passionate side of his element or its angry, destructive side.

This game would have
  • Medieval-era fantasy setting
  • Multiple races (human, elves, dwarves, halfling. ect.) living together on the same island
  • Characters with or without an element, but only one element per character
  • A sandbox setting where people come up with their own plot
  • A GM'ed quest which will be optional to join (can be player-run, not just GM-run)
  • No system, as this is more focused on the social aspect.
  • 2 paragraph per post minimum
  • Multiple characters per player allowed
  • Placed under Bondage: Exotic Small Groups

Want more information regarding the setting, the first quest and the elements: click here

Any interest, questions or suggestions?

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Aysande on December 15, 2014, 05:19:07 PM
At different points in time for each of the races, people with new gifts have surfaced. In some of the most magical races, these were embraced. Among the humans, for whom magic was something of a myth, they are feared, cast aside. The human king, fearing civil unrest, has exiled all those with the gift and their family along with them if they wished to follow. They are cast on an island known to be inhospitable, nearly 20 years after the exile began, the gifted people have turned things around and are now owners of a fertile soil, or plentiful mines, and the sea is generous too.

But what are these gifts? Children are born with control over one of seven elements. A bit in the same way then that of Avatar: Airbender. Air, Earth, Fire, Water but also Lightning, Light and Dark. Only, the gifts have an influence on the individual. It takes some of their personality traits and changes them. For example, fire-gifted young adult could have the warmth and passionate side of his element or its angry, destructive side.

This game would have
  • Medieval-era fantasy setting
  • Multiple races (human, elves, dwarves, halfling. ect.) living together on the same island
  • Characters with or without an element, but only one element per character
  • A sandbox setting where people come up with their own plot
  • A GM'ed quest which will be optional to join (can be player-run, not just GM-run)
  • No system, as this is more focused on the social aspect.
  • 2 paragraph per post minimum
  • Multiple characters per player allowed

Any interest, questions or suggestions?
I am interested, but I have a few questions.

• What is the composition of the island's population?
  • Is there a hierarchical structure between the element-touched?
  • Do player characters have to emerge from the exiled families?

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Cynadea

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 15, 2014, 10:59:04 PM
1.What is the composition of the island's population?

The Exile began 20 years ago, give or take. Among humans, that would mean very few of them over 30 would have an element. Though the exile to the island would have been ordered by the human king, in a human kingdom, the village would be welcoming of the other races (mentioned in the first post, and I could be open to other races). Though the majority should be human, I will not place a limit on how many of each races there is.

2.Is there a hierarchical structure between the element-touched?

I am not entirely sure what you mean here, so I'll give it a shot and if it's not the answer you're looking for, let me know. There are different strengths among the elements. The stronger one is, the more the element takes over their personality traits. At the moment, there aren't any plans for clans/guilds based on elements to be in place, though the council ruling over the village would be composed of one of each element +one without element. There are no element truly stronger than the other, as they all have their strength and weaknesses.

3.Do player characters have to emerge from the exiled families?

No. When it comes to humans, children would not suddenly stop being born with an element because the King declared them to be unwanted citizens. So while the exile started 20 years ago, there would still be those born after and who have not yet been caught doing something they shouldn't do or displaying a behavior typical of a gifted individual. So they can be born elsewhere and just recently exiled or they can be born on the island, it's up to the player.

PhantomPistoleer

I am definitely interested.  I would like to play a Human Water-touched.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Cynadea

rikka

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Juggtacular

Cynadea

Quote from: rikka on December 16, 2014, 02:37:41 AM
Content, or under what section will this game fall under?

Bondage: Exotic Small Groups, I added the information to the first post.

Quote from: Juggtacular on December 16, 2014, 02:38:40 AM
I'd be interested in this. Male Lightning Elemental.

Noted!

Thank you both!

Cynadea

Double post... but hey, it's for the right reasons

Here's the wiki link for background, a look at the first quest and an outline of the elements (not limited to what's there. If you have a different point of view on it, I'd be happy to read):  https://elliquiy.com/wiki/The_Exiled

PhantomPistoleer

I'm feeling creative.  I am going to work on my characters for the potential game.  Under construction.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The Seabright Family

"On the surface, tyrants can exercise their iniquitous laws, fight, devour each other, and indulge in all their earthly horrors.  But thirty feet below the sea's surface, their power ceases, their influence fades, and their dominion vanishes. Ah, monsieur, to live in the bosom of the sea! ... There, I recognize no master! There, I am free!"  -- Captain Nemo, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Table of Contents:

Player Characters:

• Putnam "Putt" Seabright:  The youngest brother, serene, patient, strong;
  • Carter Seabright:  The older brother, tempestuous, adventurous, proud;
  • Danto Seabright:  The father, unwavering, fierce, and silent;

Scenes of Interest:

• Seabright Keep:  A placid keep made from corral stone;
  • The Kraken:  Carter Seabright's ocean-going vessel;

Items of Interest:

• Tidal Wave:  Putnam's enchanted guisarme;
  • Flood:  Danto's magical sword;

Putnam "Putt" Seabright

Element:  Water
Duty:  Guardsman, formerly Fisherman/Gatherer

Physical Description:
Height:  6'1
Weight:  170 lbs.
Hair:  Brownish Blond
Eyes:  Aquamarine (Bluish Green)
Build:  Athletic, Slender

General Description:  Putt Seabright is a tall, long-limbed young man with broad shoulders and large feet.  He is handsome, with a clear and serene face.  He dresses modestly, and prefers soft, loose clothes that can dry quickly.  When on duty as one of the Exiled's sentinels, he wears his father's old ceremonial guard armor.  The armor, though regularly maintained, shows wear and modification -- Putt has frequently refitted the armor since receiving it from his father five years ago.  Putt is lithe and sinewy, and is frequently found on his off-hours enjoying the island's beaches.

Notable Features:  Putt possesses gills and webbed toes.  Additionally, his pupils are constantly dilated when on land.

Historical Background:

Skills and Abilities:

Skills:

• Excellent Swimmer:  Putt learned to swim before he could crawl, and has devoted much of his free-time swimming in the deep.   He is strong enough to swim against currents and is capable of treading water for long periods of time, even while clad in armor.
  • Knowledge of the Deep:  Putt is incredibly proficient at foraging the deep, and knows the deep-sea caverns that surround the island. He is also an accomplished deep-sea hunter.
  • Armor Repair:  Through sheer determination and necessity, Putt taught himself the art of armor repair.  He is capable of smithing rudimentary pieces.  His work is functional, but very ugly.
  • Guardsman:  Putt has completed his training as a guardsman.  He is proficient in the use of sword and shield, pole arms, and crossbows.  He understands battle tactics and knows how to follow orders.

Abilities:

• Underwater Adaptability:  Putt can breathe underwater and his webbed feet act like flippers.  He can also see clearly at 500 feet below the ocean's surface, and is not affected by the water's salinity.  He is able to withstand five atmospheres worth of pressure.

Paraphernalia:

• Tidal Wave:  Tidal Wave is an enchanted guisarme that once belonged to Putt's mother.  It allows its wielder to rocket through the ocean at speeds exceeding 50mph.  Tidal Wave is known to have other magical powers, but Putt does not know how to activate them.
  • Full Plate Armor:  Putt inherited his father's armor, and has had to modify it constantly to fit his body as he grew.  It was of masterwork quality and made of ebony steel, mined from the deep.  It does not rust.

Carter Seabright

Element:  Water
Duty:  Privateer, Smuggler

Physical Description:
Height:  6'3
Weight:  200 lbs.
Hair:  Blond
Eyes:  Aquamarine (Bluish Green)
Build:  Muscular

General Description:  Carter Seabright is a tall, muscular man.  He has worked aboard a frigate since he was a child, and bears the marks of ship-life well.  He is dark-skinned from the sun, and his hands and feet are rough from climbing and pulling thick, heavy ropes.  He bears an angry demeanor, and is prone to have an ill temper (readily visible and so easily avoidable).  He has a wild, unkept appearance.

Notable Features:  Carter possesses gills and webbed toes.  Additionally, his pupils are constantly dilated when on land.  His hands are callused from pulling ropes, and his body is adorned with a hodgepodge of scars.  He has an abnormal gait due to a rigging accident.  He has acquired a number of tattoos throughout his travels.

Historical Background:

Skills and Abilities:

Skills:

Abilities:

Paraphernalia:

Danto Seabright

Element:  None
Duty:  Councilman, formerly merchant captain;

Physical Description:
Height:  5'10
Weight:  192 lbs.
Hair:  White
Eyes:  Brown
Build:  Conditioned

General Description:  Danto Seabright is the husk of what was once a robust, powerful man.  In his youth, he was handsome, like his two sons, but now, he bears a haggard appearance.  Though he is only sixty, a life of adventure and battle has robbed him of two decades of life.  He now ambles along with a cane and is hard of hearing.  He dresses in a distinguished manner, often adorning himself with the remnants of his military regalia.

Notable Features:  Danto still wears his wedding band, though his wife joined the hereafter more than two decades ago.  Unlike his children, he is not an elemental and does not bear any distinguishing marks.  A long life of adventure has broken him physically and mentally, and it shows.

Historical Background:

Skills and Abilities:

Skills:

Abilities:

Paraphernalia:

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Cynadea

Okay, so unless this catches the interest of a couple more people, I will have to let it go.