You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 08:09:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: An Ever-Changing List of Desires - Story Ideas, Open to All  (Read 810 times)

Offline OuroborosTopic starter

An Ever-Changing List of Desires - Story Ideas, Open to All
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:47:44 AM »
Hello! And thank you for taking the time to look over my (SFW) thread. Go on and read this on your smartphone, you won't be flashing anyone. ;)

Current Status:

I am sloooowly returning to the realm of 1x1 stories after devoting most of my writing energy to work and a group game. If I ghosted on you previously I do apologize - thre was a lot going on IRL and while I attempted to communicate with people, I'm sure that I forgot some of you out there in E-land and I legitimately feel awful about it. Anyway, currently I am most interested in MxM or non-cis pairings. While not opposed to pairings with cis-female characters I am not feeling that at the moment and will need a lot of convincing. Pacing is also going to be relaxed. Let's say weekly at best? I may be faster but I still have some other group games that take precedence.

As a note, I am genderfluid and attracted to a wide range of individuals myself. My tastes do fluctuate and I might be more inclined toward one type of pairing or the other over time. For simplicity's sake I'll be presenting as a neutral/nongendered person here so you don't have to worry about my current status and preferred pronouns. I don't care about the gender of the person I'm writing opposite, and I particularly don't mind if you are writing a character that's not your gender unless you get things egregiously weird/wrong.

If you are interested in writing with me, please PM me! I'll primarily be coming back to this thread to update it, and I will not notice if you post anything here.

Now that that's out of the way...

Interests!

I do like plot, I must admit. I'll be listing a few starter plots, but I am by no means limited to those. I will show preference to proposed plots involving non-Western settings and nonwhite characters. There's a whole world out there and a whole rainbow of awesome, interesting people, and I'd like to experience it all! Seriously. Differing body types are also of interest - basically I want diversity, and I want it now. ;)

Also, My current O/O section (the site-generated one, not my O/O thread)  also does not take into account that something I "dislike" or am neutral about might work in the context of a given story. However, there are a few bright line NO WAY things. So let me summarize...

AW YISS: People over 25, unique concepts, tension and power plays, various BDSM activities, getting rough and passionate as well as loving and sensual, NC of various types but not all.
Meh, whatever: Fandom, "worship" of various body parts, super perfunctory writing, teenagers. Not that I have anything against teens IRL, I'm just old(er) and prefer characters closer to my age.
Absolutely NOT: people under 18, offensive objectification of races/sexualities/genders, needles, scat, watersports, homonym abuse.

Current Cravings updated 11/27/16

Breeches and cravats. GIVE THEM TO ME.

Something involving cooking/food might be interesting?

As far as plots, I am no stranger to one-on-one RP, and I prefer to start from a brief, simple framework and expand from there with the partner rather than presenting characters and the entire plot already fully formed. I've tossed up a few ideas for things that I think would be fun right now, but if you have ideas or variations that you think would be fun then I'm willing and happy to negotiate.

No fandoms, please. While I may list relevant pop cultural references below, this is only so there's a frame of reference.

Just a few ideas, by no means indicative of my only interests:

The End of All Things
Lovecraftian spy thriller? Yes, yes indeed.
all potential pairings

Along the lines of Charles Stross' "Lanudry" series or his novella "A Colder War," if you'd like a reference. The Lovecraftian mythos has a basis in reality, and while most are unaware of the truth there are those who know what lies beyond. Against a backdrop of cosmic horror and intrigue, two characters will interact with each other as breakthroughs become more common. Perhaps there's a romantic connection. Perhaps a purely sexual one. Are they allies or rivals? It's totally up for discussion, I just want the backdrop of dread, the sense of nihilism, and occasional moments of bowel-watering horror to be there as well.

Penny Dreadfuls
Gothic Horror and pulp lit shout-outs!
all potential pairings

Note: I have not actually seen Penny Dreadful, but it's probably what I'm thinking of. See also: A Night in the Lonesome October, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Gothic horror and established characters making cameo appearances. What's not to like? This is a very loose idea that could go in a number of ways - think of it more like a framing device than anything for feel, style, and a bit of coy melodrama.

Alternate history Mongols with Magic!
Pretty people, atypical magic, and moments of occasional brutality.
all potential pairings

I'm hoping that the Netflix series "Marco Polo" will awaken some interest in this, even though the show kind of sucks because Marco Polo is a boring-ass white dude and the pacing is crap. (However, it IS full of hot people... oh my. Oh my.) I'd be totally down for something during the period where the Mongols were ascendant or extrapolating from what would have happened if Mongol rule extended into the Renaissance era, in a world where magic existed. So basically pure fantasy, but humor me here. Plots could range from warfare and politics to the development of magic in a society where it's looked down upon, or something else entirely. Also hot people, racial diversity, etc.

Correspondence
All letter writing, all the time
all potential pairings but would prefer something taboo

This would be a story told entirely in letters between characters. Yes, this means that if the characters ended up having sex, it wouldn't be written out. Now that I've lost your interest... I'd be very much into exploring how two lovers might express their feelings for one another and develop/deepen their relationship via letters despite their love being criminalized. Perhaps they're gay, or else their relationship would run afoul of miscegenation laws. Maybe one of the individuals is a person of note, and if anything got out it would ruin them. Point is, I'm looking for wordplay, subtext, and emotion within a specific format.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:14:09 PM by Ouroboros »

Offline OuroborosTopic starter

Re: An Ever-Changing List of Desires - Story Ideas, Open to All
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 07:15:02 PM »
Hey all! Bumping the thread as I am looking to perhaps add one 1x1 story to my current story load. If you are interested please let me know!