Request for Practice/Sample Thread

Started by StrawberryDream, December 07, 2014, 01:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StrawberryDream

A few years ago there was a thread that had a list of possible topics for people to pick up and practice their writing. I am not sure if it is still around, if it is I would like the link because I could not find it, if not then I am suggesting it come back. I believe there were only topics but it would be nice to have pictures to be inspired by as well. I only ask because I do one liners with the two players I have and now I keep being turned away by new players. I want to show some how that I can do lengthy posts and I also want the practice.

Dovel

Hello StrawberryDream,

I believe there are a few games that you can do some short writings in. Brain Burning is a good one. Write a short story about the picture above and then leave another for the next person. You can also leave a story in the Storytelling Forum if you want to showcase your writing.

I know I have seen a few more threads around. I will have to search a bit.

Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

StrawberryDream

Thanks. Just trying to prove myself to get more games.

Dez

Here's another link:

Random Words

Peripherie started this using a random word or phrase generator to help. The generator gives you a list of words to use in creating a story -- short or perhaps even long-term!

jouzinka

There is also Tell Me a Story, which follows the same pattern, only based on prompt images.  :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

StrawberryDream

Thanks everyone. I bookmarked them all and will start posting shortly.

Oniya

There's also the Storytellers' Cafe - you can pick a mix of 'ingredients' as a prompt here.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

StrawberryDream

Quote from: Oniya on December 07, 2014, 01:55:08 PM
There's also the Storytellers' Cafe - you can pick a mix of 'ingredients' as a prompt here.
Thats what it was thank you. I could not remember it and it has been a while since I looked at it. I remember looking at it when it first came out but could not remember what it was called. Thanks