players for a stargate atlantis roleplay wanted

Started by playfullchick76, October 03, 2008, 11:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

Im hoping to find people who know and love stargate atlantis, and who can accurately play as teyla, colonel sheppard, and mackay. My full idea is in the section play by post, light human small groups. If it appeals, reply in here, or in the thread. I already have someone to play as ronon dex.

Ajoxer

I wouldn't mind playing that lovable rogue Colonel Sheppard. Any plans for what era, what sort of threats we'd be facing, and any kind of conflict resolution?
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

playfullchick76

The era would be in season 3, early in season 3, before teyla got pregnant. As for what conflict resolution, you could have to talk your way into our trust,or we could stun all of you, you could wake up in a  secure room, being questioned by me, or perhaps your team is being chased and attacked by a wraith team, take cover in an abandoned town, im there with a group of arctus warriors, testing some new weapons, hear the gunfire and go to your aid.

But, the idea i put into the post by post thread, thats fresher in my mind. As for threats, us at first, then later on, finding out why we acted the way we did, seeing the ships that we're consctructing, then possible co ordinated attacks on wraith hive ships, even a visit to atlantis, the home of the ancients, who we worship.

Trinity

Is this going to be with the Stargate RPG from AEG? (I think) Also is there room for characters besides the main cast?

Skilgannon

I wanna be Ronon Dex!

Initially, Ronon appears primal and animalistic, likely due to having been hunted for 7 years that were almost completely devoid of human contact. However, in later episodes, his character is shown as very laid back, except when confronted by an enemy. The only times that Ronon has shown irrational, violent, and impulsive behavior is when confronted by the Wraith, or when he or a teammate is threatened. His gruff look and perpetually scowling face tends to intimidate others.

Ronon is known to always have a serious face and to always be on edge. However, under the influence of Lucius' drug, Ronon laughs when Lucius tells a story. He has once been shown to have amiable capacities when he gave Rodney a hug after he survived near-Ascension after healing him of his scars from days as a Runner. Also he hugs Beckett after Beckett saves his life and kills a Wraith that Ronon had a personal grudge against although at first it looked like he was going to hurt Beckett. Ronon also appears to be attracted to Dr. Keller, as in the episode "Quarantine" the two are about to kiss before being interrupted.

He also passionately despises the Wraith, especially after what they've done to his homeworld. He said in one episode the he can't leave the galaxy until every last Wraith is dead. On a few occasions he is depicted as a unruly drunk whenever he is with fellow Satedans. He is the kind of person who can be a great ally, or a powerful enemy.
What we do in life echoes in eternity...

playfullchick76

i dont know what aeg stands for, but there could be room for other characters besides the main cast. the team at the stargate guarding it perhaps, even atlantis personnel at a later date in the roleplay.

playfullchick76

i guess it depends on how many interested players we get. if there arent a lot, i can come up with another one that has only a few in it, still like my original idea, but with some tweaks to it

Trinity

http://www.stargatesg1rpg.com/

AEG is the company that makes it, it's a d20 one so wasn't the greatest fit for it. (Nothing like shooting somebody in the chest w/ an assault rifle, them standing there, then doing the same to you for 6 rounds ugh).

playfullchick76

ive seen the trailer to that game, on one of my stargate sg1 dvds, but i havnt played it. Its not something im familiar with, so i havnt based my ideas on that. so what character do you want to play in it, someone from atlantis i assume. do share.

Trinity

Part of an original cast hehe (mostly since I don't feel comfortable portraying other people characters). But since thats not the game your running and there's no Dr. Keller yet, maybe Teyla (though she's not my favorite character). But if somebody else wants her they can have her.

playfullchick76

Trinity, you can play as Teyla if you want to, but only if you want to. If you want to play as someone youve thought up, a newly arrived marine from earth maybe, you can. No ones taken the role of mckay yet, so if no one steps up for him, he is sort of crutial to it, may have to go with my other idea that i nearly put in.

It goes like this, sheppard, ronon and your character trinity, is scooped up by a wraith dart and delivered to a wraith base. I would be part of a strike team that breaks into the base to rescue some of our own people that were taken on a trading mission to a world to  aquire some ancient tech that had been uncovered. We would find you three there, as well as our own people, and we get to Arctus 6 by way of one or our ships.

Thats my backup idea, or we go with the idea i first put in, minus mckay. I fear that i;ll lose you if i wait too much longer.

Skilgannon

What about the other way round? Our team is sent in to rescue someone else - maybe McKay - that way we are not just sat in a cell waiting? - A bit like the hunt for Telya - the rest of the team has to go on missions to track down where McKay is being held.

playfullchick76

So my team and yours would encounter each other in the wraith base, that works, that can definately work. If we have consensus, its on and i;ll post a corresponding thread.

Skilgannon

Plot twist, on the way back through the gate we have to rush, someone punches in a wrong co-ordinate and we get sent to a strange world - immediatly the stargate falls off a cliff, dissapears in the mist something etc so the two teams are stranded there?

playfullchick76

interesting idea. stranded with no way of getting to either of our worlds, tell me more, does anyone else have ideas or preferences.

playfullchick76

i dont think this idea will go anywhere, the ideas being passed around dont mix with what i thought up. and i really wanted to play this out.

Ajoxer

Yeah, I apologize, not quite the sort of game I'm looking for, hrm.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!