You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 23, 2019, 01:26:56 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Songs that are creepy/disturbing but are overlooked because they are catchy, etc  (Read 20111 times)

Offline Basileus

• Impartial Chronicler
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • The mind & ailments of an old man in a young body
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
One of my favorite Bee Gees songs, "Nights on Broadway" is about a stalker. It took me a couple listenings to actually realize that's what it was talking about. It's pretty catchy, and if you aren't really paying too much to the deeper meaning, it's pretty relatable.

Offline Le RandomBloke

Not sure if it's just the country I am, but quite frankly most people around the Benelux generally assumed/assume it's a beautiful song, not really considering it's about a male photographer exploiting his models. I like songs that have a sort of happy jingle to them yet are deeply disturbing.

Online Phaia

Not only do I like these guys but the song is about burning things down!

The song is kinda creeepy but the Video really is!!  ;D

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 10:15:23 PM by Phaia »

Online RedRose

noppppp

Online Oniya

I don't remember seeing this one yet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Wood_(This_Bird_Has_Flown)
McCartney commented on the final verse of the song: "In our world the guy had to have some sort of revenge. It could have meant I lit a fire to keep myself warm, and wasn't the decor of her house wonderful? But it didn't, it meant I burned the fucking place down as an act of revenge, and then we left it there and went into the instrumental."

Online RedRose

also those songs with depressing French lyrics (though often they only half make sense)

Online RedRose

Offline Amarissa

I think White Winter Hymnal has to be my favorite. It's a Christmas song but the lyrics is all about death
I was following the x5
I was following the pack
All swallowed in their coats
With scarves of red tied 'round their throats
To keep their little heads
From fallin' in the snow
And I turned 'round and there you go
And, Michael, you would fall
And turn the white snow red as strawberries
In the summertime

Offline Formless

Not sure if it was posted before, or if it even fits but its well sung ...

Lullaby of Woe from The Witcher

Online RedRose

I found a list of clips that got censored or banned in my country and it is telling I cannot find the long version of this even today. The disturbing factor is higher if you've watched Dr Evil
I read the less censored versions show "more" between the boys

Super creepy if you listen

Offline Love And Submission

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I think it's the tone shift combined with the fact that it's from a Broadway musical that completes it's creep factor.  It also perfectly encapsulates how utterly insane Guiteau was.

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1

Fastball "The Way"

It's a very upbeat song with a tango kind of beat to it. What makes it a little creepy is that it's the romanticized account of an elderly couple who were going to take a trip to the Pioneer Festival in Texas. The wife had advanced Alzheimer's and the husband was recovering from brain surgery. They disappeared several days after starting out, never making it to their festival. They were found in a ravine in Arkansas dead and several hundred miles from their intended destination.

I don't know... I just find it very bittersweet... and part of me hopes that they... just kind of decided to... go out on their own terms together...
I don't know, but as a spiritual person, that chorus is kind of the best description of Heaven I've ever heard...

Online RedRose