You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 14, 2018, 02:45:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Witcher TV series  (Read 422 times)

Offline BeorningTopic starter

The Witcher TV series
« on: November 01, 2018, 08:32:06 AM »
So, anyone stoked about the upcoming Witcher TV series by Netflix?

I admit I haven't read much of the books, but I think it's quite cool that this series will happen. Let's hope Netflix doesn't screw this up...

BTW. Here's the first test clip with Geralt:

What do you think? For me, he looks a bit weird. Overall, here in Poland, a lot of people suddenly started saying that the previous actor to play Geralt looked superior... which is funny, because not many people liked that version until now ;)

Online Tolvo

Re: The Witcher TV series
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:34:51 AM »
Big fan of the books and games. I'm not a fan of this clip they show of Geralt, he doesn't look right. I think a part of the problem is it probably isn't him in full make up which is necessary for him. It makes it look currently kinda low budget with the wig and outfit. I wasn't a fan of Cavill in any of the DC movies but I'll have to see him in action as Geralt to really judge. I wonder how closely they will base it on the books personally. Like here we see Geralt isn't as white as he's supposed to be in the books.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:16:19 AM »
Well, here's the original TV Geralt:

Not sure if Cavill is an improvement..?

Online Tolvo

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 09:17:35 AM »
I did try to watch the original one time, wasn't really liking it. I think that guy looks the part more than Cavill but his costume is not as good.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 09:25:51 AM »
The guy's name is Michał Żebrowski. A fine actor, although I think he's more involved with stage plays these days..?

Anyway, let's hope the Netflix series won't end up like this:

I mean, there's a reason why everybody tried very hard to forget that this series existed :D :D :D

(the blackhaired-woman in the clip is Yennefer, BTW.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:27:05 AM by Beorning »

Online Tolvo

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 09:31:26 AM »
I'm really hoping they rely more on practical effects for some things than just CG.

Offline Deamonbane

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 04:51:30 PM »

That's what Geralt is supposed to look like. Like, if I'm being picky, I'll say that Geralt isn't some hunk. He's a freak. He's not muscly. He's lean, light.

That said, if they get Cavill looking like this pic, I'll be okay with his casting.

Offline Atarn

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
I liked Cavill in MFU, and MoS. So I'm gonna give him a chance. Though Netflix is a bit on my shit list for the treatment they gave my favourite book series. (Altered Carbon) Though I hope I will be more pelasantly surprised by this one.

On a sidenote, Geralt the Ugly Ass Freak...Did they tone that down in the games for him to become Geralt the Manwhore?

Offline Deamonbane

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 01:55:21 PM »
Never ugly ass freak. Just freak. He's a bit more of a manwhore in the games than in the books, but in the world, there are enough freaks around for him not to be considered good-looking, if different. Def not Cavill's level of good looks, though.

Side note, read the Richard Morgan books, loved Altered Carbon the Netflix TV series.