You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 23, 2016, 07:06:10 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Android Shoutbox App  (Read 285 times)

Offline LadyKrysTopic starter

Android Shoutbox App
« on: November 18, 2014, 05:11:23 AM »
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to code an android app that can communicate with the AJAX shoutbox. I have been looking around and dont seem to find much information on linking the two. The shoutbox in android chrome works well, but a dedicated android app might make things more smooth.

Offline Vekseid

Re: Android Shoutbox App
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »
Err, missed this post, sorry.

The AJAX chat software detects the presence of an established SMF session, then sets its own. This means that any login process actually has to go through SMF, not AJAX, and be able to support both sets of cookies to maintain session status.

As I mentioned in PM, a much better solution would be to construct a responsive layout for Blueimp's AJAX Chat. There is nothing you can do with it in an app that you can't do with responsive design, and at least in the latter case all of the relevant client code is already written, and doesn't require members to input passwords anywhere they haven't been already.