You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:49:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Freeform, Open Fantasy Inn-based Roleplay (Welcome!)  (Read 502 times)

Offline DarkmoonTopic starter

Freeform, Open Fantasy Inn-based Roleplay (Welcome!)
« on: November 15, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »

The Seabright Inn

Hullo experienced role-players! Craving on the fly interaction and experimentation, and looking to meet new characters, sample different writing styles, and perhaps scamper off for adventure or intimate hijinks upon meeting them? Come have a post or two (or two hundred) at The Glass Pelican in Light, Exotic Small Groups. I, Darkmoon, will be your host and GM, and intend to host various characters, encounters, and local adventures centered around the Seabright Inn and its warm, upscale bar, the Glass Pelican, in the fair city of Raythire. This will be an active and open thread where new characters will be welcome to jump in and socialize with each other or game-created characters. Let's break it down:

The Goal: To create a comfortable place for casual character creation and jumping in without the baggage of waiting for approvals or learning an entire world mythos.

Requirements: English as a first language, experience role-playing, and good grammar. Descriptiveness, and a minimum of one paragraph per post. No established characters from other other fiction. Be original, but feel free to create "heavily inspired" characters.

Theme and Setting:  Fantasy, Gothic, Science Fiction. The inn itself is in a high fantasy city, featuring medieval-fantasy constructions, jobs, and races (think dungeons & dragons). The universe is available, meaning science fiction races and steam technology are welcome. There is a Moongate in the forest outside of the city of Raythire, a portal between worlds and planes where your characters can easily be introduced to this setting.

The Seabright: The Inn itself is a two story inn with a long foyer and parlor area, two hearths, two areas with rings of couches facing each other over coffee tables, lots of wood, nautical maps, and over-sized paintings of large, multi-masted ships bobbing on raucous seas. The southern end of the first floor of the inn is home to the popular Glass Pelican bar, a classy joint that draws mostly well off patrons able to afford the wines and elvish mead served up by Falon and Feon al'Vond, the blonde, twin elf hosts and barkeeps. The bar is a great hull-shaped bar, a long, parallel-sided oval from the center of which the elves serve up their fare. South of the bar is a semi-circular glass wall overlooking the ocean and harbor below, lined with plush, soft chairs and tables where patrons gather to enjoy the view, eye expected ships, or simply dine. All in all, it's not your commoner's pub, and it does attract a certain sexy, high end clientele largely due to the part of the city it's in and the prices imposed by high taxes on the twins to run their business.

Just jump in! It's that simple.

IC thread link: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=217591.msg10696918#msg10696918
OOC thread link: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=217592.0
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:03:17 AM by Darkmoon »

Offline Christa

Re: Freeform, Open Fantasy Inn-based Roleplay (Welcome!)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 09:44:01 PM »
Not sure if I should put this here or in the OOC, but I figured better safe than sorry. I can always delete it.

Just two questions.

1. Will people post a little character sheet first (and then possibly link to it in subsequent posts) so we know appearance and such?

2. Does the inn need any further staff?

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 06:01:09 AM »
Hi Christa,

Thanks for your interest. Character sheets are totally optional. The idea here is ease of jumping in. It's sort of an "improv" thread for RP, where players feeling inspired at the moment can begin writing and not feel hampered down by preparation. Of course, as someone who considers themselves a solid writer and well experienced RPer, I appreciate those who put a little more into it ahead of time and want to discuss or share sheets, but I also want a place where people can be mysterious or sudden, and really feel inspired.

On the subject of staff, there is an ad posted on parchment throughout the city of Raythire and its harbor, offering those looking for work a great opportunity to cater to a high end clientele.

Offline Verasaille

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 09:50:29 PM »
I am really interested in this. So far I see nothing there to respond to. Where do we post character sheets if we wish to do that? I was thinking of making a bard. Though she would be half elven and a little bit flirty. I can post some music links if anyone wants to click on them to set some flavor while reading.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 10:03:35 PM »
Verasaille,

I will create a first post and send you a PM when done. Character sheets should be posted in the OOC thread.

Offline Irilinquent

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 12:32:10 AM »
If I wanted to, could I link a mini-character sheet in each post in the IC thread, with things like an image, age and name? Or do I have to put all that only in the OOC?

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 01:16:31 AM »
Does English have to be the first language that you as a player ever learned to be welcome in the game, or do you mean that you want all characters to know the same language?

Offline Chreestafer

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 08:07:04 PM »
I'm definitely in for this :)

I have the perfect character to use!  Should I pm you the CS or just post right away into the OOC?

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 05:16:43 AM »
If I wanted to, could I link a mini-character sheet in each post in the IC thread, with things like an image, age and name? Or do I have to put all that only in the OOC?

Irilinquent, that would be acceptable as long as the size of the sheet information doesn't overwhelm and distract from the post flow. The limited information you suggest shouldn't take up too much room, and floating images are always a plus as long as they take up less than half of the screen.

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 05:20:24 AM »
Does English have to be the first language that you as a player ever learned to be welcome in the game, or do you mean that you want all characters to know the same language?

English as a first language is being requested to ensure a strong K-12+ grasp on English language vocabulary, syntax, and experience reading literature, poetry, and other sources of material that would inspire good writing in the English language. If you can sufficiently fool me with whatever background you have linguistically, or by toting your Thesaurus to each post, I would obviously not be biased against you if you are evidently a talented or at least apt writer.

Offline Irilinquent

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 05:59:41 AM »
Irilinquent, that would be acceptable as long as the size of the sheet information doesn't overwhelm and distract from the post flow. The limited information you suggest shouldn't take up too much room, and floating images are always a plus as long as they take up less than half of the screen.

Oh, goodie! Then count me in! I'll pop my CS in the OOC ASAP!

Edit: Now that I've posted my CS, please do let me know if it's alright! Also, just to clarify, the Glass Pelican is the bar that is within the Seabright Inn, yes?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:31:54 AM by Irilinquent »

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »
Irilnquent: that is correct. The Pelican is in the Seabright Inn, in the city of Raythire.

Offline Chreestafer

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 07:26:49 AM »
Ok post a CS in the ooc, I'll work up a post later tonight :)

Offline Dorcus

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 10:06:43 AM »
So should I just throw a character sheet in the OOC thread and start posting? Cause I'm in.

Offline Alias

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »
This is an outstanding idea!Already working on a CS.

Offline Verasaille

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 02:07:02 PM »
YAY! Need more customers! More sexy males would be nice!! Already loving all the sexy gals!

Offline Chreestafer

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »
I will definitely be posting tonight your sexy male is on his way

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »
So should I just throw a character sheet in the OOC thread and start posting? Cause I'm in.

Yes. It's that simple, or even simpler. You don't need a CS if you just want to jump in.

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 06:34:27 AM »
Bump. More characters welcome.

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »
Bump. The bar is open! More characters are welcome at any time.