Idea: Add the ability to roll a die with a post.

Started by Angie, October 31, 2014, 11:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

I can't describe it in the title very well, but bear with me. I used to rp a lot on Gaia Online, and over there, there was an option to roll a single die when you made a post. Having noticed there's a lot of 3.5 and PF games over here, I was thinking that having the ability to roll a die with your post would be really useful.

Basically, here's how it goes: You would hit a button saying you want to roll a die, then you select number of sides, add a positive or negative modifier, and then when you hit post, the site rolls the indicated die and does the math and puts the die roll as a header above your post. It's just an idea, of course, but I thought I'd throw something out there.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Vekseid

Making this cheat proof was a major problem and have since focused on the new software instead, where I have more permanent control over the schema (my influence on SMF aside, anyway).

Angie

Quote from: Vekseid on October 31, 2014, 11:22:04 PM
Making this cheat proof was a major problem and have since focused on the new software instead, where I have more permanent control over the schema (my influence on SMF aside, anyway).

That makes sense. Totally understand that, my friend.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!