A Box of Rubies and Pearls (F seeking M characters)

Started by PearlRuby, October 19, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PearlRuby

Greetings and Salutations,

After a rather long break, I've returned to the lovely Elliquiy. Before diving in any further through my current list of wanted roleplays and cravings, here are just a few things you might like to know about me:

• I'm a thirty-something female writer, who prefers to write a plethora of varied, female characters. Occasionally, I can be tempted to write male characters.
    • I mostly seek M/F pairings, but I'm occasionally tempted by F/F pairings.
    • The gender of my writing partner has absolutely no bearing on my decision to roleplay with them. Males written by females and vice versa is perfectly welcome. I'm far more interested in the content of your writing than anything else.
    • Your location also doesn't matter to me. I live in England Australia, so you can generally expect posts in the early morning/afternoon if you're across the pond somewhere. As a High School teacher though, my schedule can be unpredictable throughout the working week, so the frequency of posts can vary from one week to the next. Generally, I always aim to get caught up over the weekend.
    • I write in third person, value an in-depth plot, and absolutely adore detail and description. I'd love to say 'quality over quantity', but sadly, I need a little bit of both. An average post for me is roughly 700+ words, and this can easily increase to 1000+ once I get my teeth sunk in to the characters and the plot. Although I don't always expect my partner to match my posts word for word, I really can't abide by one-liners or one to two, small paragraph replies. I just need a little more substance to hold my interest.
    • Obviously, I'm happy to write 'smut', but ultimately prefer a majority percentage in favour of plot and character development in the overall equation.
    • I'm only here for post-by-post, forum RP, so please don't ask me to write via IMs, chat, or any other device. I'm also here solely to escape into the written world, not to pursue any other OOC entanglements beyond friendship.
    • I wouldn't call myself a rapid fire or speed-poster. On the contrary, I'm a consistently slow writer! Sometimes I have amazing muse energy and can write a response almost immediately, but it's more than likely that I need time to think about a reply. As I said, I have an unpredictable schedule. If this bothers you then I might not be the best person to write with.
    • I love to use images for inspiration, and have a habit of casting my characters using real people, be it an actor, model, musician, etc. Anime pictures are fine for initial inspiration and concepts, but they're ultimately not to my taste. I'd rather you developed the inspiration into an actual face or more realistic illustration.
    • Constant communication every day isn't vital. In fact, I'm quite a private person, but I do at the very least like to discuss the characters and story first before jumping into posts. If you don't contact me once we've started writing, then I'll assume that you're happy with how things are going. Please let me know if you want to mix things up or, in the worst case scenario, if you feel that our writing styles just aren't quite matching up as you expected. In return, I'll endeavour to do the same.
    • Finally, I'm no angel when it comes to dealing with the dreaded struggling muses sudden; or worse, sudden / unplanned absences. It's unfortunate that threads get archived, but I'd really like to commit to some longer term RPs now that my life outside of Elliquiy is more stable. If you share this goal, then we'll get along just fine as co-writers.
    For a more detailed list of Ons/Offs, see here.

I'm currently fully booked so not actively searching for any new roleplays or updating my own ideas anymore. Several cravings have been fulfilled, and I'm trying to limit myself so that I can equally give each of my stories the attention they deserve. If one of my ideas really does appeal to you though, please still send me a PM. For bonus points, please check my on/offs, writing style and roleplay preferences first to avoid any disappointment.

Finally, please don't reply to this thread! If you're interested in a story here, just shoot me a nice PM, so I can keep this thread nice and organised. Thanks ^.^

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
    Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

PearlRuby

Original RP Ideas/Requests:

Please send a PM if an idea appeals to you. Note that nothing is firmly set in stone, and I'm generally quite flexible.

Ideas here are always listed by highest craving to lowest, and will always feature RP within an original setting. However, some ideas may be inspired by pre-existing settings from films and literature. *** means I'm really craving that particular plot, whilst a total absence of stars is a far lesser craving.

Last Updated: 10th February 2019

No cravings right now. Come back later...

Archived Ideas:

Not currently 'craving' these ideas, but may revisit them in the future.

The Queenmaker

~ ***OPEN***~

THEMES
    ➣ Forced Empowerment
    ➣ Innocence
    ➣ Low - Medium Fantasy
    ➣ Manipulation
    ➣ Political Intrigue
    ➣ Power & Control
    ➣ Romance/*Slow Burn
    ➣ Significant age difference
    ➣ Tutor/Student dynamic

SYNOPSIS
    (*Note that all names mentioned are just suggestions to assist the synopsis, so can easily be changed).

For almost a decade, the two most powerful Kingdoms of the continent had raged war with each one another. It started with a forbidden romance, which led to the North being accused of stealing away the Crown Princess of the South; though many speculated that the vain young woman fled of her own accord. Others speculated that the warmongering King of the Southern Kingdom had long been anticipating the opportunity to invade his northern counterparts and make claim to the entire continent once and for all under the rule of his power-hungry thumb. In time, some would even whisper that the devious Princess was indeed a major player in the grander scheme of her father's epic ploy for power. The casualties of the great war were many, as the conflict passed through warm, cold and boiling hot phases over the years. There were fleeting moments where peace was seemingly within reach, yet the Northern bards would sing for months of how the negotiations cost the North their most powerful Magister, when the South spilt blood upon the bargaining table. The Southern bards of course, sung a variation of their own, detailing the numerous spies and assassins who had infiltrated the royal palace, and the great witch hunt which would see the heads of such infiltrators mounted upon pikes along the great city walls.

Eventually, after an epic battle that would be sung about for many years to come, the great war at long last came to an end; yet not without the most dire of sacrifices suffered on both sides. News of the murder of his wife and son at the hands of Northern assassins, spurred the firstborn Prince and heir to the Southern throne into an outrage which saw him lured upon the battlefield. They say that he was pierced through the neck by the arrows that rained down upon the enraged charge of his cavalry. The loss of his one and only son forced the King to launch a counterattack, utilising the war steeds mounted by the finest Knights of the Kingdom. The songs would tell of how the two Kings eventually met upon the battlefield, and after sustaining great injury as they hacked away at one another, their swords at last plunged into each other's guts. Thus, the war was unofficially over, but with no true victor to claim the rewards. In the aftermath, the surviving middle child of the Southern King, threw herself from the highest tower of the castle. Some however, presumed that she'd been pushed... With no heir of the former King to proceed to the throne, the Kingdom is thrown into uncertain turmoil as it recovers from the Great Battle. Rumours begin to circulate that the North might press to take advantage of the South's vulnerability, and take the Kingdom for their own once and for all.

The last of the former King's advisers is forced to declare himself Regent, but the crown does not sit well upon his head, and the people are reluctant to accept his rule along with those who remain of the King's council. So he sets out to a forgotten tower, perched precariously overlooking a cliff facing the great sea, where the last drop of the King's blood resides in the bastard daughter of the crown. Shunned at the request of the Queen, who had been repulsed by her husband's adultery and the fruit that was born from his infidelity; the child had been banished and raised in secret, until the rumours of her existence were all but forgotten. Now a young woman, she may be the last hope of the Kingdom, despite the fact that she never dreamed to deign of becoming the Queen…

NOTES
    So first of all, the male character in this story has purposefully been left very open to interpretation, as there are already a few variations I can suggest. For a ‘like father/daughter’ angle, and a stronger play on the ‘tutor/student’ theme, he could have tutored the princess for many years in the tower, which would give them a lot of history to play around with as the story progresses. He might not even be the regent mentioned – that could be an NPC who sends a request to him to prepare and bring the Princess to the capital city to be crowned Queen. Alternatively, he could be the Regent, who meets the Princess for the very first time, and begins his tutelage in preparation for her coronation, and afterwards. Ultimately, whichever the path you'd like to take for the male character, I'd love to explore the blossoming of desire between a young Queen and her prime Adviser, with a twenty year or more age gap between them (minimum of a fifteen year gap).

Essentially, this is the tale of young woman’s rise to power, and the man who stands behind her. How does he instruct or manipulate her, in the wake of a Kingdom recovering from strife? Does he have political ambitions of his own, or does he simply wish to see a fair and righteous Queen sat upon the throne? What about the threat still posed by the Northern Kingdom? Can peace be brokered, or will the Queen be forced to end what her father started? In short, there is much to be discussed and fleshed out, so let me know if this type of plot appeals to you!

Borne of Scales and Gold

~ TAKEN ~

THEMES
    ➣ Betrayal & Consequences
    ➣ Blossoming Romance
    ➣ Captivity
    ➣ Dragon / Draconic Humanoid
    Dub-con*
    ➣ Historical/Fantasy World
    ➣ Innocence
    ➣ Obsession
    ➣ Rags to Riches
    Stockholm Syndrome*

SYNOPSIS
    (*Note that all names mentioned are just suggestions to assist the synopsis, so can easily be changed).

No one knew from whence he came, but from the moment that his black and red wings blotted out the sun over the small, lakeside town, the people beneath his mighty shadow feared him. They called him Zyldron*, the Bringer of Doom, and for many months he tormented the land. Until at last, a virgin maid offered herself as sacrifice to quell his rage. It was her bravery that unexpectedly brokered a deal between man, and dragon. It became a tradition whenever the Dragon's rage manifested once more as fire and brimstone, for fathers to offer their willing daughters upon the sacrificial rock, to be swept away into the clouds in the talons of the mighty dragon. Some would return a year later, others would be old and grey when they finally returned. Each one would bring a measure of gold with her, as proof that the legends were indeed true; the greatness of a dragon was measured by his hoard of gold, and Zyldron's greatness was indeed unfathomable.

A decade of peace has passed since the last sacrifice was taken by the Dragon, but her return to the village inspires the bastard son of a landowner with a plot to seize a portion of the dragon's riches for his own. Knowing all too well that one of his maids is irrevocably in love with him, he shares his plan with her father. Should she sacrifice herself willingly to the dragon, and return after a year with riches, then he promised to marry her, and accept half of those riches as her dowry. The peasant girl has little other prospects, and when her Lord encourages her with the plan, she begs her father to let her go. Woefully, he takes her to the sacrificial rock, and abandons her there to the mercy of the 'Bringer of Doom' and his inevitable glare...

NOTES
    This is a bit of a spin off the classic 'Beauty and the Beast' tale, but with plenty of more original elements to keep things interesting. It's still essentially a love story, where the peasant girl unravels the mystery of her keeper and eventually learns to love a Dragon. Unlike the beast though, this dragon can willingly take the form of a human, albeit with draconian features, such as horns, scales placed on certain areas of his flesh, and perhaps even a tail and talons, not to mention some interesting details for his, ahem, 'package'. It's also a 'rags to riches' tale, where unlike Disney's Belle, this beauty is a true peasant who barely knows how to read. Whether the dragon has been 'cursed' is up for discussion, or perhaps on the contrary, it's the peasant girl who will ultimately be 'cursed'? It's possible that the dragon is similarly cursed, having once tried to steal from a lady dragon, and now in an ironic twist of fate, the unfortunate peasant girl is faced with the task of stealing from him in order to appease her would-be husband. Some Stockholm Syndrome elements could be added along with some dub-com, but neither are essential to the story, so can be added or subtracted. Note that the bastard lord is just a plot device, so doesn't necessarily have to play any part within the actual story other than providing an initial motive and background for the female character. There are of course, options to add additional conflict to the story, such as warriors seeking to kill the dragon. In that case, it would be exciting to see how the peasant girl quells the dragon's rage.

Message in a Bottle

~ TAKEN ~

THEMES
    ☵ Bereavement & Loss
    ☵ Bittersweet Romance
    ☵ Captivity
    ☵ Dub-con elements*
    ☵ Former Marriage
    ☵ Historical/Fantasy World
    ☵ Mermaid Lore
    ☵ Obsession

SYNOPSIS

Captain Nathaniel Morgan* was no stranger to the ocean. He'd spent his youth working aboard many a navy vessel, until he'd earned the rank of 'Captain' in his own right. Eventually, he'd married the love of his life, and was all but set to retire from his seafaring ways and embark upon his new life as a married man upon distant shores. Yet tragedy struck at sea, as a mighty storm capsized the ship that both he and his newlywed wife were sailing towards their new life together. Whilst he miraculously survived the shipwreck to be washed ashore, the body of his beloved was never found. Distraught by such a great loss, he refused to give up the memory of his wife, as he mourned for some time after she was officially pronounced dead. Living a reclusive life within a lighthouse, he found comfort by the sea, and would often send messages in bottles into the drifting tide. Love letters addressed to his darling sweetheart.

Deep in the ocean, beyond the depths where Humans could ever hope to traverse, rested the Lost Kingdom of the immortal Merfolk, or 'Atlanteans' as they had once been known. Occasionally, they had been known to venture into shallow waters. Some had been spotted by the odd sailor, sparking whispers upon the land of their existence, but no man or woman had succeeded in their capture and proof of existence. One such mermaid however, came to possess a series of bottles containing ardent words of a love so deep and passionate, that it lulled her curiosity and dared her to commit the ultimate crime. It was forbidden to walk upon land, but alas, her desire to look upon the owner of such penmanship, lured her into striking a bargain with a cursed sea witch; a siren of the sea, whose immortality had been stolen from her. In exchange for the location of the writer, the mermaid would be permitted one whole moon cycle in which to spend upon land. However, if she did not return to the ocean by the dying light of the waning crescent moon, then she would forsake her immortality and be doomed to a mortal life. Confident that a month would be more than long enough to explore the land and look upon the writer of the letters, the mermaid agreed, and the deal was struck.

A blood red moon marked the sky that night. It marked the anniversary of his wife's death, and so Nathaniel sent out yet another message in a bottle. Yet when he awoke upon the beach the next morning, following his drunken night under the stars, he could scarce believe his eyes. Washed up upon the shore, amidst a tangle of long, vibrant red hair, was the spitting image of his long, lost wife...

NOTES
    Okay, so I've been wanting to write a mermaid themed story for quite some time, and whilst there are elements of Hans Christian Andersen's more classical 'The Little Mermaid' tale mixed in here, I want to stress the more original aspects of the story. This is essentially, a tale of obsession, and how far a grief-stricken man will go to ensure that he doesn't lose the revived object of his obsession. Enforced captivity? Dub-con? Similarly, the cost of the mermaid's obsession, as she's potentially tricked into paying a price far too high for such a simple request. Whether her likeness to the wife is pure coincidence, or a more devious illusion/trickery cast upon her by the sea siren, is definitely open to discussion.

The real intrigue is how the besotted captain deals with the fact that, despite the stranger's appearance, she doesn't possess his wife's memories or personality. The quandary is if he can still love this empty shell, if he can learn to fall in love all over again, especially with a non-human creature of the sea, or if he ultimately just takes what he wants from the body that he was denied for so long, and then shuns her. Does her false visage eventually fade, bringing the story into darker realms? Does he keep her for the purpose of entertainment, to punish her for such a wicked and cruel deception? Or does the tragedy of her lost immortality as a result of initial captivity cause resentment between them, just as love begins to blossom? Does the cost of true love mean that he eventually has to set her free, or does she in turn realise that immortality means nothing to her if she has to live without him?

For now, this plot is newly hatched, so there is plenty of room for discussion and as always, I'm open to the input of other details to thicken the plot. I'm also looking for a co-writer who wants to delve into the emotional turmoil of the characters as well as the physical.

Homeward Bound

THEMES
    ➣ Best Friends
    ➣ College Dorm Romance
    ➣ Dorks/Geeks/Nerds
    ➣ Family Drama
    ➣ Modern Setting
    ➣ Nostalgic '90s throwbacks
    ➣ Star-crossed Lovers
    ➣ Virginal, awkward fumbling

SYNOPSIS

Simon* and Chloe were best friends as far back as they can remember. They grew up in the same neighbourhood, on the same street, with their houses situated next door to each other. They climbed the same trees, doodled with chalk on the same pavements, and went to the same middle and high schools. They watched the same movies, played the same video games, listened to the same music and read the same comic books. They were literally quite inseparable, 'Best Friends Forever'; until a major disagreement between their parents brutally forced them apart. (Fraud... Infidelity... a combination of both?) As a result, Chloe had abruptly moved away from that house, on the same street, in the same neighbourhood as Simon. The last time they saw each other, had been shortly after her sixteenth birthday, where the delicate bridge between friends had almost been crossed with a tentative and very awkward first kiss.

Four or five years later, and a chance meeting at University (or a dorm party) suddenly brings the two lost friends back together again. Obviously, they've both changed a little bit since the last time they saw each other and yet, bizarrely it almost feels like they were never apart. Can they pick up more of less where they left off, as 'just' friends? Or does the obvious connection and attraction between them immediately spark a more intimate relationship? What about the unresolved matter between their parents? To what lengths will they go to, in order to keep seeing one another in secret, behind their parent's backs?

NOTES
    Out of all my plots, this one is definitely the lightest and cutest, but it still has potential for some drama in the long run! I wrote something quite similar in the past, and have admittedly recycled some aspects of the character I used before, but the overall plot focus is different. As college students in their final year of study (so 20-21 years old), it's probably not the ideal time to start up a relationship and yet, at the same time, it is. They both have their future to look forward to, the promise of an escape from their parents and overall, a fresh new start. Does it lead to them running away completely, to a whole new city, and a more literal clean slate? Do they find that their trust funds are cut off, credit cards cancelled and family support severed, in an effort to end their relationship and force them to return home? Are they forced to steal? Do the they end up on the streets? It's a bit of a Romeo and Juliet, star-crossed lovers scenario. The rebellion against their parents could be a slight kink, but ultimately, they just 'fit' together so perfectly... Or do they? Does the pressure of 'adulting' close in around them? How can their apparent 'love' surviving being tested against the odds, or do they ultimately realise that they're better apart?

Given the lighter elements of the story (at least, to begin with!), I'd love to incorporate some throwbacks to retro '90s movies, video games and music as part of the nostalgia of their childhood. I imagine Simon* to be a bit of a geek (or even a science nerd! Woo her with your vast knowledge of the solar system, whilst wearing glasses ). Chloe is definitely a gamer girl, who may have been a bit of a tomboy in her youth (but utterly and completely feminine now). She'd be studying graphic design and illustration, but it's up to you what Simon studies. Obviously there's the intricacy of them discovering each other more intimately for the first time, learning the ins and outs of each other's bodies. Are they both virgins, or just one of them? What kinks will they discover about themselves and each other?

Behind Closed Doors

~ OPEN ~

THEMES

~ Arranged Marriage
    ~ Age differences
    ~ BDSM (Elements)
    ~ Culture Clash
    ~ Modern setting
    ~ Power play (Dom M / Dom F)
    ~ Romance
    ~ Tradition
    ~ Wealth (old vs new money)

SYNOPSIS
    (NOTE: Names are definitely subject to change!)

'Michael' didn't always hold a place amongst the the rich and famous. In fact, his parents lived on the poverty line, and so he experienced the toils and troubles of the working class from a young age. Through hard work and perseverance though, not to mention the invaluable help of his large family, he found his way into 'new' money. Now, he rather comfortably sits as the chairman of his own, multi-million dollar business empire. Recently though, in an effort to expand further, he's set his eye on the plummeting shares and assets owned by former millionaire-tycoon - Carson Bryant.

Despite being struck by ill health and family issues, Carson refuses to simply sell up his branch of highly successful hotels, especially without some form of insurance. He hails from a family with old money, whose assets have been in the family for generations. Without a male heir to take over though (his son recently died), he's caught in a tragic web of tradition versus necessity. With his daughter 'Phoebe' as his last trump card, he stubbornly clings to the old-fashioned idea that he can salvage the family name through a merger insured by marriage and the promise of future heirs.

Phoebe doesn't believe in arranged marriages though, and besides, her reputation as a wild and party-loving socialite is enough to turn most suitors away. Despite her desire to escape tradition, all she's ever known is wealth and privilidge. Her attempts to leave her family behind and live a 'normal' life resulted in her credit cards being cancelled, and her former, rock star boyfriend leaving her in debt after the cash dried up. Naturally, her father bailed her out of the mess, and now she owes him, big time.

Michael isn't too hot on the idea of an arranged marriage either, especially to a bratty wild-child with a bad reputation. He can hardly picture Phoebe as a wife, let alone the future mother of their inevitable offspring. At thirty-something years old, his kinks and his taste in women are very particular, to the point where others question his sexuality. Rarely seen out and about with women, his reputation is as clean as his morally-grounded business deals, and yet he is still renowned for being a cutthroat contender in the business world. When competition shows interest in the marriage offer though, he's pushed to beat his rivals to the chase. His intended bride may be a little rough around the edges, but as a virile and dominant male, he's confident he can mould her into the perfect wife. One who brings the dowry of a hotel chain certain to boost the reach of his empire and more importantly, secure the financial security of his family for generations to come.

Yet as he agrees to dinner with Phoebe and her father, he's eventually left alone with his future bride, and the pair finally lay out their terms and conditions. Though perhaps they are both guilty of leaving out the essential small print? ...

NOTES
    This is an incredibly modern and romantic, mills & boon inspired plot, so I'd really love for my writing partner to understand the intricacies of a story centered around the interactions of the two, main characters. The responsibility of writing any additional, minor roles will be shared. It's the type of plot where we don't need to downplay the 'smut' side, but we also don't neccessarily need to rush into it. Most of all, when it comes to writing, description is a major turn on for me. I'm craving a very layered attention to detail here, and the ability to drive the plot forward as these characters discover each other and eventually fall in love. Back story is going to play a major part in that, so the character building needs to be pretty in-depth. Also, I'm looking for someone who feels comfortable and confident writing a dominant male type. If you like, you could go a little 'shades of grey' with Michael by adding a BDSM kink or two, but ultimately he's a very headstrong man who knows (or thinks he knows) what he likes.

Contrary to a number of arranged marriage plots, the main characters won't be getting hitched straight away. A large part of the initial plot is their getting to know each other, and deciding if they want to sign the contract that will bind their personal and business lives together.

There's plenty more I could say, but I'll leave that to PMs with whoever might be interested in taking this plot :)

All Beer and Skittles

THEMES
    ~ Arranged Marriage
    ~ AU Shakespeare
    ~ Blackmail
    ~ BDSM (Light to Moderate)
    ~ Dom M/Sub F or Dom M/Dom F
    ~ Gambling, Alcohol and Debauchery
    ~ Old Western/Frontier Era

SYNOPSIS
    "Why, there's a wench! Come on, and kiss me, Kate."

Katherine (played by ???) is the unmarried, eldest daughter of the town Sheriff, and at thirty-two years old, she's known as the town Shrew. Desperate to get her married and off his hands, her father keeps upping the anti on her dowry, but it seems that not a dime in the whole Frontier is enough to tempt a man to tame the violent, gun-toting shrew.

Until Petruchio (played by ???), a forty-something outlaw on the run with various unpaid gambling bets, comes to town. After a run-in with the Shrew herself, he hears about the Sheriff's conundrum, and the wheels in his head begin to turn. If he marries the shrew, all his debts will be repaid in one fell swoop. At first, it sounds like the perfect arrangement – too perfect, in fact. His attempts to 'woo' the shrew only result in her giving him an ultimatum: get hitched, split the money, and skedaddle. So a farcical wedding ensures, but the silver-tongued Petruchio is a gambling man, and one heck of an opportunist. Katherine however, never could hold her drink. After a night of bets and drunken debauchery ensures, she soon learns that her new husband has played her for a fool. He had no intention of giving up the money, not to mention his new 'get out of jail free' card. Being married to the sheriff's impossible daughter does have it's perks, after all. So if she wants her share of the money, she's either going to have to do exactly what he wants, or play him at his own game...

NOTES
    Technically this is a literature/movie cross-over. 'All Beer and Skittles' is Wild Western slang for 'Unpleasant' and 'not so happy'. The main premise of this RP, is to take the main protagonists from Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, and place them within a Wild West setting. Think CatBallou meets Calamity Jane, some sort of Doris Day/Jane Foda-esque, gun-tooting cowgirl/saloon girl heroine, featured as the role of 'Kate - the Shrew'. She's a loud, open-minded, free-spirited and rebellious woman, who bows to no man. In fact, she deems herself superior in every way.

Whereas 'Petruchio - the Tamer' would be some type of Eastwood/Wayne outlaw, with a chip on his shoulder and a gambling problem. Preferably somewhere in his early late thirties/early forties, he considers himself to be very attractive in his male prime, and the living definition of pure masculinity. Maybe not the most 'just' of men though - he plays by his own rules, often unfair to all but himself.

Of course, I don't want the plot line to completely follow the play. That part can be open to a completely new interpretation. I could definitely see this plot involving some light BDSM themes – especially humiliation. Ultimately I think Petruchio gets a kick out of seeing how far Kate will go to beat him at his own game.

PearlRuby

Fandom RP Ideas/Requests:

Please send a PM if an idea appeals to you. Note that nothing is firmly set in stone, and I'm generally quite flexible.

Ideas here are always listed by highest craving to lowest, and will always feature fandom RP within a pre-established setting.
    *** means I'm really craving that particular plot, whilst a total absence of stars is a far lesser craving

Last Updated: 24th May 2020

Hemlock and Wolfsbane
    ~ ***OPEN***~

Two bright young stars, from two separate Houses. A Witch, and a Wizard, whose seven years at Hogwarts carry memories of deceit, competition and unspoken secrets. They liked, admired… daresay even loved one another, in their own private way, and yet their feelings manifested as hatred in the eyes of their peers and elders. Both were destined for a promising and optimistic future in the Wizarding World, full of expectation and intrigue. For one, that future was severed as quickly and unpredictably as the wind is likened to change direction. For the other, the ambitious pursuit of success came at the price of disappointing others. Together, they must now navigate freedom from oppression, in a world where old traditions, regulations, attitudes and bloodlines are far too often valued and upheld, above matters of the heart.

THEMES
    ~ Harry Potter universe
    ~ Character Arcs
    ~ Frenemies reunited
    ~ Expectations & Traditions
    ~ Magic & Werewolves
    ~ Opposites attract
    ~ Slowburn Romance / Passionplay

SYNOPSIS
    Throughout their Hogwarts years, the male protagonist (a half-blood Ravenclaw) and the female protagonist (a pure-blood Slytherin) were consistently at odds with one another. Like Yin and Yang, where one found a weakness, the other found a strength. She excelled in herbology, potions and charms. He, meanwhile, was the model student in the study of creatures, ancient runes and transfiguration. In Quidditch, DADA and Duelling alike, they were equally a force to be reckoned with. Whereas they could have been the bestest of friends (and perhaps were, in their earlier years) circumstances ultimately took them down an alternative route. As academic rivals with unrequited feelings, they parted ways once they achieved their high-ranking NEWTS. She was bound for the Ministry of Magic with high hopes of becoming an Auror. He, meanwhile, packed his bags to embark upon a prestigious research project as a junior Magizoologist.

Several years later, under the Ministry's hardened attempts to strengthen the reliability of the werewolf registry and an influx of 'feral rogues'; 'she' is tasked as a 'sponsored catcher' under a liaison between the Ministry’s Auror and Beings Divisions. Their aim being an overall attempt to quell the recent ‘Beings have Rights too’ rebellions, which seek to revise and grant new laws to the often discriminated against Werewolves, House-Elves, Giants and Goblins. The Ministry however, are firm in their stance to force unregistered Werewolves to 'do their part'. Sympathisers argue that registration together with the consumption of potentially dangerous doses of Wolfsbane doesn't solve the ongoing work and lifestyle discrimination still faced by the majority of Werewolves. Meanwhile, conspiracy theorists declare that some unlucky Werewolves are even 'nominated' by the Ministry to participate in the inhumane, trial 'cure' procedures. The Ministry, as always, have their own defence and agenda, whilst extremists from various corners of the Wizarding World are rising up to defend each side of the argument.

Caught up in the ongoing, socio-political debate, ‘she’ by a stroke of fate or sheer coincidence, crosses paths with ‘him’ whilst chasing down her latest, rogue Werewolf case. Paths colliding in an underground fight club, pitching werewolf against werewolf whilst the pockets of so-called 'law-abiding citizens' are lined with gold. She finds her mark, except… he’s not the classmate she remembers. At least, he wasn't the very thing that she hunted – a dangerous and law-breaking, lycanthrope menace to both Human and Wizarding society – the last time that she’d known him. Out of sheer compassion and respect for the history they once shared, she falters, unable to simply ‘do her duty’, no matter the cost. In that precious moment of unprofessional hesitation, a conversation sparks, and the unknown future is written…

How will they navigate the fact that they’re expected to be physically, emotionally and mentally invested in two, conflicting and warring sides? How far down the rabbit hole must they fall? ‘She’ sees all rogue Werewolves as a threat, failing to understand their refusal to register with the Ministry and take their daily dose of Wolfsbane Potion. ‘He’ sees both the Ministry and society as the real threat, to his freedom, his identity and his future. Together, can they reach an agreement, or even a solution? After all, they can both agree that he wasn’t born this way. He was turned against his will, not that that should even make a difference… right?

NOTES
    This forum-based story falls into the Harry Potter fandom in terms of overall lore and setting, but the characters will be our own. The easiest solution might be a post-Potter timeline, so that the events of the HP series merely form a backdrop. Though, I'd be open to discussing something that falls between the Fantastic Beasts / Pre-Potter timeline too. Essentially, the tale revolves around themes of traditions, 'opposites' and unrequited love.

What I’m looking for: Someone to write the role of the male character, ideally following the general concepts laid out here, but I’m happy to discuss / revise / switch things around; e.g. the female character could in fact, be the werewolf. Some knowledge of the Harry Potter lore is essential, but I’m not expecting an expert. The HPwikia and lexicon are great sources of info and we’ll only be skirting around/building on the canon timeline. Ideally, this is a very character driven plot revolving around two protagonists who share quite a rich history, so I’d love to flesh that out some more. It’ll also be more plot over smut, with the likelihood of being quite the slow burn. There is plenty more to discuss about the characters and the direction of the plot, but I don’t want to overburden this advert, and I’d love to hear your initial ideas too.

As always, please read my ‘ons/offs’ before PMing me your interest. It’s important to know that I’m a very descriptive but slow writer, so that might be a turn off already. Also, this could be a fairly ‘vanilla’ tale, but it would be great to know in advance if we share a few kinks that can be thrown into the storytelling mix. Thanks!

Archived Ideas:

Not currently 'craving' these ideas, but may revisit them in the future.

The Power of Love

THEMES
    ~ DC comics universe
    ~ Episodic Adventures
    ~ Reconciliation 
    ~ Commitment Issues
    ~ Outer Space
    ~ Alien Abduction
    ~ Character Arcs
    ~ Mature Romance
    ~ Mature Drama

SYNOPSIS
    Hal Jordan was always an 'all or nothing' kind of guy. Despite having witnessed the death of his fighter pilot father at a young age, he grew up chasing his father's footsteps to pursue the same career, and even work for the airline company. A self-confessed ladies man, there was one woman in his life whoever, who remained constant. Carol Ferris, aka his childhood friend turned CEO of Ferris Air... aka his boss. Unlike the women who were eager to jump in the sack with him, she possessed a solid restraint that rebuked his advances. Eventually though, she finally agreed to a 'date', and the rest was history.

Until a crashed alien spacecraft led to a chain of events that put a ring on Hal's finger. A green ring. As the newfound Green Lantern of Earth, Hal was thrust into a secret world of fellow masked heroes and made a fair few enemies along the way. His greatest loss though, was the love of his life.

Yet the universe was not quite done with these star-crossed lovers. Just when Carol thought she'd managed to gain control over her life again, without Hal, she experienced a near death, out of body experience, which changed her forever. Gifted with her own ring of power, the headstrong woman had been chosen by an alien race of women to become the next Star Sapphire. Yet the Zamarons underestimated the parasitic nature of the crystal when paired with a volatile and vulnerable, human heart. It stirred emotions that overwhelm Carol's senses, and replaced her heart with a ticking time bomb. Emerald light is the ignition, and the dangerous dance between the colour spectrum is far from beautiful. Try as she might to fight the crystal's possession, and deny the transformation, the crystal clawed for possession over her soul. In the end, Hal had no other choice. In an effort to preserve what remained of ‘Carol Ferris’, the crystal was finally retrieved and destroyed by the power of his indomitable will, and the Star Sapphire of Space Sector 2814 was put to rest.

In the years that followed one disaster, came another, as green light became not a saviour, but a force of destruction. Childhood memories and hopes for the future, were wiped out as the being known as 'Parallax'; the entity of living fear, utterly consumed Hal Jordan, until he was stripped away of everything he know, and left with nothing. Parallax was defeated, but at the cost of various lives. Though Hal Jordan was not one of the victims, he resigned himself to rebuilding Oa, leaving other Green Lanterns to take up his charge.

In the far reaches of the universe, beyond the capabilities of human space travel for many generations to come; the Zamarons have been forced to address the error in their ways. Indeed, Carol Ferris was not the only host to be overwhelmed by the uncontrollable power of the star crystal. To host the crystal entirely, is too great a burden to bear; even for a Zamaron host. But what if a violet power battery of their own could somehow be harnessed using the entrapped 'Predator', the entity of love; and together with the star sapphire, forge their own power rings? Rather than fight the Guardians of the Universe, should the Zamarons not learn from them? Love is, after all, one whole part of the emotional spectrum.

And so, just as the dust begins to settle, the woman known as 'Carol Ferris' disappears once more...

NOTES
    There is a lot of comic canon being summarised there, and a few creative liberties too, especially with the star sapphire origins. Ultimately, I'm not interested in repeating what has already been written, but I am interested in exploring the reconciliation of both Carol with Hal, and Star Sapphire with the Green Lantern. This is a more mature love story, between two people who have tried, and failed, over and over. Who, for all intents and purposes, are seemingly incompatible and yet, always find their way back to each other. The universe at least, seems to think that they are star crossed lovers, but they've yet to find a way to meet in the middle. Still, I adore their potential as two very dominant personalities who are very much flawed in their own way.

There is plenty of room for conflict between their alter-egos, especially as Hal returns to Earth to find that the Star Sapphire has also returned. Their reconciliation need not be a smooth journey - I'd actually prefer some heated exchanges which could lead to more lustful encounters, filled with unnecessary regret the morning after. In the midst of it all though, both Carol and Hal will both have to deal with the reinvention of their heroic personas, having both been possessed and corrupted by living entities. This RP could be quite episodic, and there is also the potential to explore flashbacks, especially featuring a more villainous Star Sapphire!

For this particular fandom RP, I'd be looking for someone who can honour the role of Hal Jordan, whilst also adding their own interpretation, given the more AU spin on how things might have developed between him and Carol. Knowledge of the comics, or at least a willingness to do some background reading, is therefore essential.

Ulterior Motives

THEMES

~ Age differences
    ~ Culture Clash
    ~ Intrigue
    ~ Morals
    ~ Secrecy
    ~ Specific Setting
    ~ Species Clash
    ~ Unexpected Romance
    ~ World of Warcraft (Setting & Lore)

SYNOPSIS

The plot centres on two Paladins* from rival factions - One a Human, the other a Blood Elf. Though both are seemingly now devoted to the Argent Dawn, they also both possess an ulterior motive.

The Human* was once (and still secretly is) a member of Scarlet Crusade, so aside from a Paladin, he could easily be a warrior, priest, hunter, monk or mage type instead. Charged with a mission to infiltrate the Argent Dawn as an ongoing informant, he struggles to maintain his cover identity, as he's forced to associate with those deemed to be 'enemies' of the Crusade.

Meanwhile, the Blood Elf Paladin remains ever loyal to Quel'thalas. In her bid to ultimately rid her homeland of the Scourge, she recently joined ranks with the Argent Dawn, hoping to fight the disease at the source / learn more about the scourge weaknesses. As a horde figure amongst the alliance though, she struggles to see eye-to-eye with those who pre-judge her intentions, despite having proved her dedication to the cause time and time again.

Yet both characters have more in common than they realise, as the revelation of an ancient holy weapon will question the motives of both characters. As they are forced to work together to locate and seize the artifact, they inevitably reveal their true intentions.

NOTES

This is all just a very vague idea, but it does require someone who has good knowledge of the Warcraft lore. I think there's a lot of scope for some epic-level quests in the search for the holy weapon, and plenty of opportunity for the two characters to develop a more romantic relationship along the way. Or maybe one already has a guilt-ridden crush on the other to add that extra layer of angst to the mix? (Especially if it's the human crushing on the blood elf ^.^) Ideally this plot needs someone who can add their own plot hooks into the mix. Also please note that the image here is just for inspiration. Feel free to use a face of your choosing for the male character!

PearlRuby

Undefined Concepts & Inspirations:

There's a plethora of potential stories for each of these inspirational images, so let's collaborate together to handcraft at least one of those tales...

Please send me a PM if an image here appeals to you, and let me know your initial thoughts; whether it be for your own character, the overall setting, or a general plot idea.
    All I ask is that you make sure to have read my ons/offs first please, to avoid the potential clash of tastes and kinks further down the line.

Every image has a number, which you can find for reference if you click 'save image as...'

Last Updated: 3rd February 2019

PearlRuby

Update #3: 30th December 2018
    Pruned a few ideas, archived the rest, and generally tidied up a few things.

Added two fandom RPs, utilising the DC comics universe, with room for some alternative twists:

'Heroes of Tomorrow' (ft. Wonder Girl & Superboy)
    'The Power of Love' (ft. Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire & Hal Jordan/Green Lantern)

Will probably elaborate on these ideas more in-depth over time, but for now, I just wanted to put the feelers out there whilst the muses are strong.

PearlRuby

Update #4: 18th January 2019 21st January 2019
    ¬ Removed two three taken ideas.
    ¬ Added one new, romance-heavy idea to 'original' plots
    ¬ Added one new, infidelity-themed idea to 'original' plots
    ¬ Added one more new, romance-heavy idea to 'original' plots

'Message in a Bottle' (ft. a Mermaid (F) & a Sailor (M))
    'Punished by their regrets' (TAKEN)
    'Homeward Bound' (ft. a college student (F) & a college student (M)

Note: Additional, smaller tweaks might be added to either ideas over time, if they're not snatched up first; but I won't be nudging this thread to announce those minor updates.

Probably the last major update and the last idea I'll be posting for some time now. As always, please check my ons/offs and peruse my writing style at your leisure before shooting me a PM to potentially write together. Thanks!  :-)

PearlRuby

Update #5: 10th February 2019
    ¬ Added 2 new ideas (1 most craving!) to 'original' plots
    ¬ No new 'fandom' plots added
    ¬ Added 'Undefined Concepts & Inspirations' section for more open, picture plot prompts

'Borne of Scales and Gold' (ft. a Maiden (F) & a Dragon (M)) - MOST CRAVING! - taken
    'The Queenmaker' (ft. a Bastard Queen (F) & an Adviser/Regent (M))

Note: Might sneakily add one more plot that I'm still mulling over, but it might also go to one shots instead / as well as here. Watch this space.

PearlRuby

Update #6: 24th May 2020
    ¬ Archived ideas over one year old, and had a general tidy up.
    ¬ Added 'Hemlock and Wolfsbane', my one and only craving, to 'fandom RP requests'.

I have a major Harry Potter itch. Please help me scratch it <3