So! I didn't think I'd be able to make the deadline on time but I had a job finish up early and was able to come home to my laptop and get it typed up. Here is my character application for consideration
Looking over the front page and through the thread I didn't see any requests to also PM it to the GMs, so I hope it's just alright to post it here as I've seen others do?
He personified into his human form around 1305. Before that he was just a lowly, incorporeal spirit with little awareness or agencySex:
Nature Spirit Type:
Original creation. Inspired by Jack Frost, Father Winter, Yuki-onna, Final Fantasy, and Disney's FrozenNotable Abilities/Skills:
- Ice & Snow Manipulation: As a nature spirit of winter and a literal being of ice he has a magical dominion over his element. Noel is able to extract heat to create ice, snow, sleet, frost, and other wintry conditions. He can rapidly lower the temperature around him and tends to naturally do so as his mere presence causes chilliness unless he's actively suppressing himself. Noel's favorite use of his power is to create intricate works of art. He can also use his powers to create functional golems constructed out of ice or snow and control them with his will, though such feats require time to make them and concentration to maintain their functionality. In winter or favorable locations his powers are amplified, though in summer or unfavorable conditions they are significantly weakened.
- Weather Influence & Awareness: While Noel cannot control the weather he can influence it on a small scale when certain conditions are met. For instance, if it is raining and the natural temperature is mild or cold it is relatively easy for him to influence the rain in his immediate surroundings to turn into snow. Though without the help of other nature spirits his influence won't stick and may only last minutes or hours. This ability is also seasonal and dependent on the natural landscape. He'd have no issue heightening a blizzard on a mountain in winter, but he could never cause a freak snowstorm in the tropics during summer. Noel also has an uncanny awareness for shifts in weather, such as knowing when rain will stop or start.
- Inhuman Physiology: In order to obtain a human form Noel first has to find a host. While he has sometimes found a lost traveler already dying of hypothermia to act as his human shell he's also just flat-out frozen people to death. His latest human form was obtained when the young man left a window open a crack during a snow storm. Once the human's last warmth has been snuffed out Noel stuffs himself inside and reanimates it. The physical body he possess actually just houses his true form and allows him to interact with the world more effectively than his real form as an ice elemental. Noel might appear to be a human, but he doesn't totally function as one. As a wintery spirit of nature he has complete immunity from the cold, water, or ice. He'll never succumb to hypothermia or drown. He isn't susceptible to the diseases or viruses that plague humans and has no need to consume food. While his body doesn’t age he’s still capable of being harmed and killed - though in the latter case he’ll evacuate and will have to spend significant time and energy finding and then constructing a new body for himself.
- Nature Communication: Noel has no control or influence over nature outside of his element, but he is capable of hearing and speaking with other aspects of the natural world.
- Levitation: He's capable of carelessly floating through the air. The speed in which he can move is entirely dependent on current wind speed within the area. The wind has to be blowing quite harsh for Noel to be capable of doing anything beyond levitating in place or leisurely hovering about.
I’m amiable to the GMs deciding where Noel would fit best if he’s accepted, though I can see him playing a supporting and occasionally offensive role during missions. He’s not going to be physically getting up in anyone’s face or throwing punches, but his powers would serve well for slowing down or trapping opponents. Noel is definitely more a mage type then brawler sort.Recruitment Status:
Yet to be recruited is my preferred route, though unless the GMs think otherwise I'd like to see Noel's recruitment happening not as a formal mission but as something on a much smaller scale. I’d love to play out his recruitment, even if it’s just a single conversational scene where one or two operatives invite him to join the company. However if the GMs prefer he already be recruited I can roll with that as well, I’d just like some GM assistance agreeing on who actually recruited him into the fold.Employment History:
Even though the cold doesn’t bother him Noel usually dresses in winter fashion. He loves coats, gloves, scarves, and hats. He’s also very fond of sunglasses and frequently dons a pair. Sexuality:
Noel doesn’t really subscribe to the human concept of gender or sexual orientations, but since he’s never found himself romantically or sexually attracted to women he’s fine with being identified as gay.On/Off: Dotley’s O/O
. However as indicated within the thread all of my characters are unique in regards to their sexual interests and dislikes. Noel is a brand new character so I can’t say for sure where he might fall on the scale of dom/switch/sub or top/versatile/bottom or what kinks he might be into. Such things would have to be explored within the story. All I know for sure is that temperature play would be inevitable with him!Personality:
Noel is naturally curious, playful, and patient. While he's capable of being cruel and occasionally bitter he isn’t usually gloomy. He’s quite clever and can sometimes be a bit of a trickster. He appreciates a good joke and tends to be more optimistic than pessimistic.Background:
Noel grew out of his infancy and reached his prime during the beginning of the so called “Little Ice Age” around the early 1300’s and possessed his first human form during it. He spend his first years personified delighting in his new awareness of the world and his increased ability to interact with it. The time period was a boon period for ice elementals throughout the world and he spent that century playing all sorts of tricks, both friendly and cruel, on humans and other monsters. Throughout the years he’s taken on a variety of names due to his lack of a true name of his own. The names he does take tend to be puns or tongue-in-cheek hints to his true nature. Jack, Nicholas, John, Nowell, Moroz, White, and Snow - he plays around with all sorts of different combinations. Noel Frost is just his latest made up name. Noel has lived carefree and without any real responsibilities for most of his life. He’s mostly traveled about from one location to another mastering his powers and learning about the other beings that inhabited the world.
That is until the industrial revolution started and things started to change. As human productively increased and the earth began to slowly warm up Noel found many of his fellow ice elementals dying off or retreating to the far north or far south and abandoning their human forms. Within the past few decades Noel joined ranks with some fellow extremist nature spirits that could aptly be described as environmental terrorists, though Noel didn’t quite find a solid place for himself in those circles. He helped pull off a few freak storms and blizzards, though eventually Noel distanced himself from such havoc and retreated to his own counsel. And during the height of his loneliness was when the company approached him. Merits:
- Creativity & Artistic Talents: Ever since Noel personified he’s been playing around with his powers for artistic pursuits. He’s capable of creating stunning and beautiful works of art out of ice and snow, though his creations are temporary. He always lets them melt.
- Contacts With Nature Folk: Noel is on good terms with a large variety of groups and individuals that are somehow connected with nature. He’s called friend and ally by many fellow nature spirits, yeti, fairies, sprites, pixies, undines, nymphs, etc. While he has no special power or authority over these folks he does have social connections to them and would be a good point of introduction if the company ever needs cooperation or information from these communities.
- Multilingual: He speaks and can understand multiple languages with varying degrees of fluency. The languages he understands best are English, German, Russian, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Sami, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Playfulness: Despite being an embodiment of winter Noel isn’t a eternally cold or terrifying figure. He’s always up for a snowball fight or making snow angels. One could say he’s more lighthearted than black hearted. He has a dark side and is fond of dark humor, but overall he’s a playful and easy going guy.
- Illiteracy: He's never learned how to read or write.
- Occasional Malevolency: Through a human’s viewpoint Noel can be prone to pettiness and casual cruelty. On more than one occasion he has frozen humans in their sleep or led them astray during blizzards. Usually those people had been rude, broken rules of hospitality, or were disrespectful towards nature. But not always.
- Moderately Xenophobic: Noel can be quite ignorant of human culture and sometimes unfriendly towards anyone that isn't a fellow spirit of nature. However as far as ice elementals go he's considered a moderate among magical beings that are increasingly adopting extreme stances and intense conservative views against humanity due to global warming. He also has a hard time understanding and accepting some nuances of human cultural practices.
- Extreme Heat Sensitivity: Prolonged exposure to high temperatures will make Noel experience heat sickness. He’ll sweat excessively, vomit water, and become confused. Being in a warm environment won’t immediately kill him, but it does make it difficult for him to function. And if he’s unable to cool himself down there is a possibility of him totally melting and thus dying a true death. Because of this he has a big fear of fire.
Experimenting with his abilities, ice sculpting, ice skating, lounging around, sledding, swimmingFace Claim:
Mukai OsamuHow did YOU Find Us?
While browsing the “Groups Roleplays Wanted” section. The LGBT friendly tag in the title caught my attention.