The Dungeon of Fabulous Treasures-open role play

Started by Verasaille, October 12, 2014, 12:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

Haolink hovered over the crystal ball and peered intently into it.  The fog of his rotten breath covered the clear crystal and he had to wipe it twice before he saw a glimmer of green light. "Master? Is you there? Master we has intruders!! What is your orders?"

Nothing came forth just yet and Haolink blinked several times and rubbed the crystal again. Mumbling under his breath at the lack of communication in this job. He had the onerous duty of keeping adventurers out of his Master's Lair. It did not help that rumors abounded in all the major cities for leagues around them of the fabulous treasure hidden in the depths. After all what good was a Dragon for a Master if he did not collect treasures?

The goblin scratched his green bulbous nose and  peeled off a single leech stuck hungrilly to his cheek. Examining it closely he shrugged and popped it into his mouth. The satisfying squish of the innards of the leech made him lick his lips in enjoyment. He looked around and scowled at the imp dancing beside him. "Whaddya want? I can't give ya orders until I gets them! Go keep an eye on them intruders. They still standin' outside, right? Uhh...send some bats out to scare them. Maybe they will go away. SHoo now git otta here!"

The imp rolled his yellow eyes and scampered off. He was just a messenger! No one paid him enough to get hurt. But he could pop in and out of the Nether and spy on intruders without being seen. Well most of the time no one saw him...

Deep down in the caverns of Fabulous Treasure, the Master opened one purple swirling eye to peer at the crystal ball glowing beside him. He snorted a gout of purple flame and knocked the crystal off its perch. It bounced and rolled away several feet before the claw of the Dragon reached out to snare it. "WHAT!?" he growled as the crystal rang in sympathy. He had long since given up hunting for treasure. He was too large to leave his dungeon and the occasional adventurer was a tasty treat, not to mention sometimes they brought treasure with them! He had several monsters guarding his treasures. He had Kobolds and goblins, bugbears and scaly fire salamanders. He was quite sure he had others prowling the tunnels. His recruitments went to every nasty location on the planet. He offered lots of perks and all the adventurers they could eat. Not too much though. He often had to recycle some to keep his mobs happy.

He scowled at the crystal and had only one order. "Let them in, maybe they will bring more treasure!"

-------------------- (OOC)

Rules are simple: If you wish to be an adventurer,  give yourself a name and an occupation, fighter (warrior or paladin), cleric (or some other healer) Wizard (or some other magic user) or a rogue of some type. Describe your abilities and whatever fancy armor or weapons you enjoy.

If you wish to be a monster I welcome you to keep the Master's Lair free of intruders! Choose any kind of chaotic monster you would enjoy playing. Give me a great description of your form and abilities.  I want this to be a fun and comedic romp in the dungeon. I will try and keep all of you occupied with madness and mayhem and I hope some laughs as well.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

LuciferOs

Name: Laura Descia
Class: Sorceress
Abilities: Spells, staff and sorceress garb.
Race: High Elf

Spells
Hypnotize (Charms opponents)
Telekinesis (move objects / monsters / people)
Lightning (A bolt of lightning from her finger tips)
Break Magic (unlocks magical locks and breaks most spells, curses and  enchantments)
Translate language (Anything verbal or written can be understood)

Staff abilities

Vamparic Mist    

When exhaling softly while being held tightly the staff can exude a ankle deep mist for about 100 square yards in non-windy conditions. Monsters in it will be slowed and sapped of life. For every ounce of life sapped, Laura and her companions heal a comparable amount.  As a side effect, those healed also are nourished.

Magic Sanctuary  
A solid tap on the ground with the staff creates a circle 20 feet across which makes all within undetectable to those outside, any movement not within the circle but within 200 yards of it will alert Laura. Occasiosn this happens will awaken Laura if she is asleep.

Sorceress Garb
Her clothing, although light does have three abilities.

Resist Elements: all but extreme cold and heat has no effect on Laura.
Repel insects: A minor but appreciated effect (managed by her necklace)
Remove scaring: Wounds, even old ones leave no mark.

Background

Laura learned her abilities alone from visions that came to her in dreams she  had as a child. Unlike most sorceress Laura has considerable charm and is not as arrogant or as aloof as most high elves. Laura recently came into a lot of money by happening upon a shipwreck and selling its cargo to the highest bidder. Money she has exhausted in buying her staff, her magic clothing and two magic pouches.

Items
  Staff (See above for abilities)
  Magical Garb (See above for abilities)
  Magical Pouch 1 (A small black leather pouch that can hold 50 times its size and weighs 1\50th of its contents when full). This pouch contains rations and waterskins to last 2 weeks.
  Magical Pouch 2 (A small black leather pouch that can hold 50 times its size and weighs 1\50th of its contents when full). Empty (for treasure !)
  A black knife
That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

Verasaille

The opening to the dungeon looked much like an ordinary cave. About twelve feet high at the center. dark and dank, it smelled of mildew and must. Spiderwebs crisscrossed the entrance, very thick and sticky. Outside the mountain towered above the entrance. Scraggly trees grew here and there. Some grass, mostly brown and dry.

A decrepit  sign was tacked on the dead tree outside the entrance to the left. DANGER! DO NOT ENTER!

Of course any adventurer worth his or her salt would not think twice. This is the DUNGEON OF FABULOUS TREASURE! Or so the locals in the village told the tale.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

LuciferOs

------ OOC-----------
Does this mean I have been accepted ? I hope my powers are ok.
I am happy to start role playing now - I post regularly we can do a few right now if one character is enough and you want to get started.
Did you want to start a new thread for the true role play ? And label it <name>- IC (for in character) and leave this one for talking about ooc stuff ? (and link us to the true rp ?)
------ End OOC-----------

Active threads

Verasaille

(OOC) I just put this up a long time ago for people who were not approved yet. It's just openness and silliness. I hope you can have fun with it. Nothing serious. I would like to have more people join in!

LuciferOs

---------------- OOC ----------------
Is it ok if my staff gives off light also ? enough for myself and my companions to see by ? say 200 feet ?
---------------- IC ----------------

Laura stretched and looked at the sky before returning her gaze to the entrance of the Dungeon.

"Coinless again, hopefully not for long" The elf muttered to herself in the common tongue.

The sorceress was impressed with the purchases she had made, for a week she had tested them out and was quietly confident they could stand the test of time.

A few quick strides through the brown grass had her at the entrance. With slow motions the sorceress cleared an opening through the spiderwebs with her staff and peered inside.

"Knock knock" Laura whispered softly. "Anyone home?"
Active threads

Verasaille

(OOC) You are fine. I will match my monsters to your ability.

---------

As the sorceress makes her way into the cave a horde of bats flies out and tries to tangle in her hair. They are small only about as big as her hand. Mostly harmless. A rumbling growl comes from deep in the earth.

Haolink peers at his crystal ball. "It's just one sorceress! What can she do?" he laughs as she sends a hobgoblin to investigate. The hobgoblin stands about five feet tall and is hairy and tailless. He carries a spear and has some mighty big fangs!

LuciferOs

----------------OOC
I am assuming I cant yet see the hobgoblin, hopefully anyone else willing to join can just quickly be with me)
--- PS: Thanks for letting my staff make light !!!
----------- OOC End ----------------

As the flock of bats roared out of the cave Laura squealed

"Floqueth Femith Rashca Roome" A spluttered high elven curse passed her lips.

Her staff fell from her hands as both frantically tried to remove a small bat that got caught in her hair.

"Arhhg!" The sorceress wailed as she finally set it free only to flitter on the ground for a moment before making its way with the rest of its kind.

"Wretched things" Laura retrieved her staff and summoned her dignity again.

"The enterance was covered with spider web !! They should have used the path they normally travel by"

After a long breath Laura shook her head and willed her staff to shed light then walked in a purposeful motion into the great cave. For several minutes she inspected the caves innards before looking about to see how many pathways the entrance held.
Active threads

Verasaille

Seven different paths are set before you, the initial cavern is large and very uneven. From 1 to 7 the tunnels branch off from the main. The first is a very small opening, perhaps large enough for a small dog to enter. The next ones are larger until the one at the far right is tall enough for her to walk down standing up.

All are very dark. The third one has a set of red eyes that blink at her and disappear. From the last one a deep rumble sounds. The center one has a faint glow way to the back of what appears to be a straight long tunnel before it curves to the right.

LuciferOs

On seeing the red eyes glow the sorceress shudders and shakes her head.

"Perhaps not that one, with any luck it will not follow me"

Being enthused by the light Laura chooses the center tunnel and wills her staff light to be dim to allow her eyes to adjust.
As it curves to the right laura stops for a moment before thinking of her spells.

Lightning would be a handy one to have ready, and telekinisis.

With careful strides the sorceress makes her way around the bend.
Active threads

Verasaille

As she makes her way around the bend, her eyes might spot a glowing chest. It is large, perhaps large enough to contain lots of treasure! Or maybe even large enough to contain some 'one' in side?

Does she dare try to open the chest? As she draws near it the chest begins to shake. The jeweled front of the chest suddenly shimmers and two eyes appear. They are jeweled eyes of emerald green, they glow with an intense glare at her. What is this? It's a MIMIC!

The mimic flashes a maniac grin and two arms lift from the side of the chest to reach for her. It's mouth sports rows of sharp teeth as the lid opens and tentacles appear reaching for her as well.

LuciferOs

--- OOC thanks so much for your quick replies it helps non-approved peeps like me so much i cant wait to be approved (fingers crossed)--

"Yeap Gods !" Laura jumps back.

"Just my luck, it was a little too easy I suppose" Laura smirks then lifts a finger and casts telekinisis to slam the creature against the far wall only to be followed by a lightning bolt to end its bleak days.
Active threads

Remiel

(Verasaille, hope you don't mind if I crash this party!)

Lucky Hipweed was a kender, and like all kenders, gravitated naturally to the profession of Thief, although, like all kenders, didn't think of
themselves as thieves.  Rather, they considered themselves "picker-ups of unconsidered trifles" and were generally drawn to anything that was: a.) shiny  b.) magical, or  c.) pretty.  It wasn't their fault that the intersection of said qualities tended to converge only in the items that were the most valuable, or that their owners tended to adopt a rather sour view of their rather liberal policy of borrowing things and then conveniently forgetting to return them to their rightful places after they were done.  Kenders were viewed in exasperation as a plague, although if they were, they were, perhaps, the most cheery, happy-go-lucky plague ever to infect the multiverse.

Tapping his hoopak on the ground with every step, he hummed a jaunty tune to himself, the lyrics of which he couldn't quite remember, except for the last line--"and then he dropped his drawers!" --which he sung as hard as he could, perhaps to compensate for his memory deficiency. 

Hum, hum, hum, went Lucky.  Hum, hum.   "AND THEN HE DROPPED HIS DRAWERS!"

He smiled, very pleased with himself, until he noticed the cave.  It seemed like any other cave, crossed with spiderwebs and brush, but for the sign--DANGER! DO NOT ENTER!  Of course, this immediately piqued his curiosity and he had to enter the cave to see what it was that someone had felt it necessary to post a sign warning about.

Verasaille

((OOC- Of course you can join us, this is wide open to all, including unapproved and approved members. We need more mischief!)

The green skinned goblin gasped as yet another brave adventurer dared to enter his Master's Cave! Haolink yelled to the monster's lounge and cracked a whip. "Hey!! Another one!! Get moving you lazy bums! I want them captured!"

Three kobolds with a mass of hair and tangled limbs stirred from their nap. "Huh!?"  "More?"  "What is they?" all at once in a jumbled noise.

Haolink nearly pulled his green hair out by the roots. "Oh NO! By the Gods it a KENDER!! Whatever you do, get him out of here!!"

The darkness in the first cavern was not so complete the kender could not see the seven tunnels, and only one was his size, The second one, the rest were quite a bit larger. The center one seemed to have some sort of commotion going on.

The Mimic exploded into a million pieces, scattering jewels and broken shards of wood as it fell apart. In amongst the debris was a small shiny gold hilted dagger. Would the magic user pick it up?

LuciferOs

--- OOC As a mage can I have any ability to fathom magical enchantments and desern them ?? If I have too many abilities tell me which you want me to remove (I cant edit posts yet but later i can I think )
--- And kender person ... want a magic dagger ??? Enter the center corridor and you may just get lucky :) Unless you want to steal it, then I suppose there may not be much stopping you from having it anyway ! :)

--- IC

"Hah !" Laura was extactic. It was a good things her spells worked.

The sorceress gathered the jewels and quickly pocketed them in her magic pouch reserved for treasure.

On seeing the shiny dagger the mage frowned. Some enchantments were curses. Using her skirt to handle the object, being careful not to touch it, the mage turns it about trying to decipher the strange enchantment the object was imbued with.
Active threads

Verasaille

(OOC- how about you stick with the ones you had in the beginning, otherwise you become too powerful. If the dagger is cursed, it will only reveal itself to be that way when it is picked up  >:)  )

That the dagger is enchanted might be something the sorceress was good at figuring out, as it did glow a bit. But no way could she tell without picking it up. Maybe she could get the kender to grab it instead. Of course then he migh tbe cursed...but one never knows until they try.

LuciferOs

-- OOC fair enough, I was thinking of removing a spell or ability to compensate but "knowing all things magic" takes the fun out of mystery anyway :)
--- IC

"Hmm" Laura couldnt manage to desern much about the enchantment but thought that there is no point in living without taking some risks.

The sorceress dropped the dagger on the ground then picks it up with an ungloved hand.

"What are you to me I wonder"
Active threads

Verasaille

(OOC- just a note in future, if others are joining it is polite to give them a chance to post before you keep going after every one of my posts. Otherwise it seems as if you are the only one here.)

-------------
The dagger is indeed cursed and in the worst possible way, as she finds her self unable to speak. Until another person speaks to her. Looks like she better find another person or wait until they find her.

Remiel

Lucky happily wandered down the meandering passage.  Until at last he came to the junction with the seven tunnels.  While the kender-sized tunnel was appropriately inviting, the sounds of a great and unholy din coming from the center one drew his interest.  "My, I wonder what that could be?" he said.   Of course, he may have been terminally and stubbornly optimistic, but he wasn't stupid.  The commotion might be ogres or dragons or, worst of all, a bugbear.    Bugbears were evil, through and through, and truly the bane of any happy-go-lucky young kender's existence.  Why, if it turned out to be a bugbear he might just have to smack it upside the head with his hoopak!

He crept through the tunnel, his eyes adjusting to the low light.

((OOC:  As a Thief, Lucky is skilled in the usual Thief Proficiencies--Detect Traps, Move Stealthily, Pick Locks, and so on.  He's not much of a warrior, but he is second to none at getting into places he's not supposed to be.))

Verasaille

(OOC-I love Kender, one of the races I would not mind playing in a group game!  Ok Lucky let's see how you do against a few bats!)

The goblin could not believe it, The kender was actually making his way down one of the tunnels!! "Get something down there to chase him out!! NOW!!"

A pint sized bugbear woke up from his nap. "HUH? A kender? OH!! Can I haz?" he jumped up and then promptly tripped over his oversized feet. "I can do dis!! Lemme at 'im!" And he lumbered down the way to the trap door which deposited him right in between the kender and the sorceress!

He fell down the hole and rolled down the tunnel towards the kender, making a lot of racket. "OW!! These rocks hurt!" He stood to his feet and looked around. Now this bug bear was a runt. he was only three feet tall. Though he thought he was bigger. He roared when he saw the kender! "ROOOAAARRRR!"

Remiel

Lucky wasn't often surprised.  Well, that was a lie.  He was quite often surprised, such as when people accused him of being a thief.   He would be quick to inform them that he was, in fact, NOT a thief, and it wasn't his fault that their knickknacks and gewgaws just happened to find their way into his pouch.   But he wasn't often surprised by things nearly falling on his head.

His eyes opened wide when he saw what it was.  A bugbear!  The worst, most foul of all abominations known to kenderkind.   He yelped in horror, and leapt two feet straight up in the air, which is quite an impressive feet when you're four feet tall.

(Making a roll on a 1d6: on 1-3, Lucky turns tail and runs; on 4-6, he'll hit it with his hoopak.)

Roll Result: Lucky Hipweed rolled: 1d6
Comment: Oh noes A bugbear
Result: 4,
Total: 4

"Take THAT you evil bugbear!" yelled Lucky, striding forward and smacking it squarely on the head with his hoopak.

Verasaille

(OOC-LuciferO you can respond with thoughts and feelings if you wish, I am sure you heard the bugbear roar. Lucky will find you once he vanquishes the bug bear.))

The bug bear sees the kender coming and tries to duck, but he is a strange creature, and not a duck so the hoopak does some damage to his head, making him see stars! He wanders in a circle and then sits down and goes to sleep. He is not dead, too much noise will wake him.

(rolled a 1d6 and got 4, counting that as a hit since I matched your roll. Bugbear loses one turn and goes to sleep. One more hit will put him down for good or you can try sneaking past him to get to Laura. Once Lucky speaks to Laura the curse is broken.)

Remiel

Kenders aren't bloodthirsty by nature.  When Lucky sees the bugbear fall down and go to sleep, he almost feels bad for the little guy.  Almost.

"Serves you right!" Lucky boasted, shaking his fist at the bugbear's recumbent form.  "Dropping down on unsuspecting kenders like that."

He left it behind, wandering further down the tunnel to see what he could see.

LuciferOs

The moment Laura gripped the dagger something invisible grasped her tongue.
She tried to swear but nothing came out. A feeling of dread coursed through the elf.
Without being able to talk she will not be able to cast her spells ! This would leave her completely defenseless !!

As panic coursed through the sorceress veins, her attention turned back the way she had came. She could just make out some strange shadows, and talking ? The caverns echos were confusing and she didn't want to risk stumbling upon trouble in such a state.

Approaching footsteps, quick ones. Perhaps someone small? That should have been reassuring but the encounter with the false chest had her second guessing everything. Perhaps her staff would still work.

Laura exhales softly while gripping the staff tightly, if it worked, it would fill the surrounding area with a mist ankle deep, slowing opponents and draining opponents life force too. If any monsters were in it with any luck some of its vampiric healing effects may break the curse. Probably not but the elf had few options.

At worst it should slow any opponents approach, perhaps the curse could wear off before trouble arrives. Who knew ?

--- OOC I hope it doesnt effect the kender, he isnt an opponent but I will leave it for the games master to decide.
Active threads

Verasaille

Although the intended mist is meant for enemies, it may possibly affect the kender. Until he actually speaks to the sorceress, they are neutral to each other. If I may suggest and you can both be in the Shout box,you can each roll a  1 d6. If you match rolls there is no damage. If Remiel is lower he will suffer some minor damage, perhaps a fit of sneezing! If Lucifer is lower she will have to dissipate the mist and apologize to the kender, because the bug bear will be revived and attack. Of course if he speaks to her, the curse will be removed.

((GM privilege))

Remiel

Comment: Oh noes A mist
Result: 2,
Total: 2

LuciferOs

Roll Result: LuciferOs rolled: 1d6
Comment: the mist
Result: 6,
Total: 6

--- Oh ---
Active threads

Verasaille

((OOC- the GM snickers as the poor kender is seized by a fit of sneezes! At least he can still walk.  The mist rolls over the bugbear, who remains sleeping. Hopefully the sneezing will not wake him.))

Fistar

---------- OOC

Name: Tilos Serpit
Class: Warlock
Abilities: Spells.
Race: Tiefling
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tiefling

Spells
Conjuration (any kind of small objects that can be held in the hand.. and in most cases it’s never what he wants/needs)
Firestrike
Darkness
Illusion

------------------ (End of OOC) -----------

The figure on the ground at the back of the cave grumbled, as he hears the roar of the dragon,  he slowly stood, his tail threatening to trip him up once more and he gives a growl,   then proceed to grab his head with his hands to make it stop pounding.   He staggers a bit and his hooved feet kicks an empty bottle on the ground beside his sleeping mat.

Right, he thought, next time I will drink three bottles before passing out instead of two.   He then takes a deep breath and tries to make sense of the racket.  Intruders?  “Great,  just great”  he mutters to himself. 

He runs his hand through his jet black hair growing between his curved horns.  He licks his lips, exposing his two fanged canine teeth.  In most cases he could have passed for human, if not for the tail, fangs and cloven hooves,  at least from the waist up he would look human.   He sighed as he grab his long kilt and belted it around his waist, it was long enough to cover most of his legs and even hides his tail.  Still his reddish complexion would have marked him as Tiefling,   
The roar of the dragon still reverberated in his tortured skull,  and he wished he could find another bottle that apple brandy,  or for that matter anything alcohol would do about now.   He still can’t believe how his father had sold him to the dragon,  but there he was on the beck and call of the dragon.  He just wished he would stop talking so loudly. 

He watched the dragon scowled at the crystal and give an order. "Let them in, maybe they will bring more treasure!"

Tilos, wince as the dragon gave the order and muttered under his breath,  “If they had treasures they wouldn't be here.” 

Verasaille

(OOC-Welcome Fistar!! I see you have chosen to be a minion of the dragon. That is a great idea! Haolink is the Dragon's head task master. Think of him as the Superintendent. He thinks he is something Super anyway. He is a Goblin, stands about five feet tall and is green skinned and has a funky looking shock of bright green hair that stands straight up in a mohawk. He has fangs, long clawed fingers and a long forked tail.)

Haolink slams on his table and moans, "NO!! The bats did not do much good, the bug bear is useless sound asleep. I will have to send in the Tiefling!! TILOS!! Get those intruders!! See if they have any treasure. I smell magic on them. One of them must be carrying a treasure. Get it and bring it back. Then chase those intruders out! MOVE IT!!"

Remiel

The passageway grew wider, opening up into some sort of chamber or cavern.  In the dim light, Lucky thought he could see a figure moving around inside.  It looked...tall--at least, taller than he, which, in all honesty, did not narrow down the field very much at all.  But it was also lithe, and slender.  Possibly an elf?  She wasn't wearing very much clothing at all, and her skin was gossamer pale.  Yes, it had to be a female; males typically did not dress so sexily. 

"Hallo!" called out Lucky, cheerily.  "I'm Lucky!  You're not a bugbear, are you?  I don't like bugbears--they're mean!"

However, before she could respond, a roiling mist started to eke from the ground, swirling around his ankles as it crept upwards.  He kicked at an errant tendril, but it was diaphanous and insubstantial as...well, mist. 

"Hey, do you see this?" he called to the elf-type person.  "Isn't this weird?  It looks like fog is coming up from the gr-gr-gr--"

He couldn't finish the sentence, alas, because he suddenly and inexplicably felt a powerful urge to sneeze.  He barely had the wherewithal to turn his head before it came, in a giant spray of moisture. 

"AAAACHOO!"  he sneezed.  "AAACHOOOOOO!"  He quickly raised his sleeve to cover his mouth, so he wouldn't spray mucus all over the elf-person.   Why couldn't he stop sneezing?  His name was Lucky, not Sneezy.  "ACHOOOOO!  ACHOOOOOO!"

Verasaille

Of course if the elf would realize that now she could actually speak, she could answer the kender and dispell the fog. Then he might stop sneezing.

In the meantime the Dragon yawns and his voice carries through the caverns like an echo of a thunderstorm far away.

LuciferOs

The moment the kender was in sight Laura Descia raised an eyebrow.

She had heard of such creatures, they had something called wonder-lust within their blood, this one must be very brave. She tried to manage a greeting but the curse kept her silent.

Strangely the moment the kender talked the invisible force that gripped the sorceress tongue vanished.

"Ahhh. Thankyou, your speech broke the curse" Laura thrilled then threw the cursed dagger into a corner of the room.

"The dagger was cursed with ridding those who touch it with dumbness. Very fine greeting to you Lucky, my name is Laura, Laura Descia, sorceress extraordinaire, at least when Im not cursed. Thankyou thankyou very much for breaking the spell"

With that the mage removed the most magnificent gemstone she pocketed earlier and offered it to the kender

"As my thanks for saving me, and I know your kind likes to handle things but you may want to take exception to that dagger, its a horrible thing."

While offering the gemstone, the mage bowed deeply, her relief obvious to any watching.

"This place is dangerous, more so if we are alone, care to accompany me while we try our luck in such a place? So far you have been my lucky charm, perhaps you can be so for both of our sakes while we are foolish enough to mess with the unknown here."

Noticing the kender was still sneezing Laura frowned then sighed

"The mist, it does strange things to those Im not acquainted with." With an intake of breath the sorceress dispels the mist, the same moment an echo of monster's yawn reverberates through the cavern.

"I hope my offer to team up with you finds ground within your heart, I feel you may need me too in such a place young Lucky"
Active threads

Remiel

"ACHOO! ACHOO! ACHOOOOOO!" Truly, one must wonder at how such a small creature could emit such powerful sneezes.  It was likely to bowl him over, and, in fact, very nearly did.  It was powerful enough to send him reeling off-balance, so that he sat down hard on his rump.

"Ughh..." he wiped his nose with his arm.  "I don't know what came over me, it seems that I am allergic to something in this cave."  He blinked, bleary-eyed, up at the sorceress, who towered over him.  "Are you an elf?  You don't have pointy ears like an elf. "  He stood up, slowly, carefully, lest he set off his sneezing fit again.   "Nice to meet you, Laura Descia, my name is Lucky Hipweed, son of Borger Hipweed, son of Horace Hipweed before him."  He bowed politely, as he was taught.

The sorceress had barely time to proffer the gemstone before the kender was darting forward, his eyes sparkling almost as bright as the gem.  "Ooooh!  What is that?  It's pretty!  Can I see it?  Is it magic?"  The kender's inquisitive nature instantly got the better of him, and he practically snatched it out of her hands so he could inspect it more closely.  "What kind of gem is it, do you know?  Is it a ruby?  A sapphire?  Cubic zirconia?"  He turned it over and over in his hands, marveling at how each fact glittered and shone.  "Oooh, it seems there are a few imperfections here, and here.  Do you see that?  It looks like it has been chipped. Still pretty though."   The gem was stuffed into the pouch along with all of the kender's other items. 

"A cursed dagger, you say?  That is fascinating."  He scurried over to inspect the dagger, although he did not pick it up.  "It seems such a shame to leave it behind, maybe it will come in handy."  Carefully, using his cloak to pick it up, being careful not to touch it, Lucky dropped the dagger into his pouch as well.

(Verasaille--does Lucky suffer the dagger's curse?)

Verasaille

(OOC- The GM is pondering. If you do not pick it up as a weapon you may keep it in your pouch. If you try to use it though, you will be cursed with silence for two turns. You can still use your hoopak and make some kind of mime or draw your words...providing he can read and write..or that the person he is communicating with can understand it. He will need to have someone other than the sorceress speak to him to break the spell however. To be fair. Of course in a battle situation someone is bound to speak to him, but he will still suffer from silence two turns (posts). Does that seem fair?))

Haolink is trying to rouse more minions to attack them, in the meantime, this part of the cave is a dead end. You will need to go back to the start and take a new route.

LuciferOs

(OOC - shall we wait for Fistar to post ?. Im a little afraid of posting when I wont to now but it seems a time that I can answer the kenders questions and make our way back to the begining, perhaps pick up another adventurer END OOC)
Active threads

Verasaille

(OOC-I believe That we can all continue, if Fistar wishes to join in he can do so when he wishes.)

LuciferOs

"I have no idea what gem it is, but let me be a little more thankful if it is chipped."

The sorceress untied the magic pouch which she reserved for treasure which held the remaining gems and handed it to the kender

"I think you can keep this for storing all our treasure, it contains some other gemstones like it. Knowing kenders it would likely be in your keeping no matter what I do anyway. Your nature may be to be light fingered but if you give us both luck is a fair trade in my book. The pouch itself is magical it holds much more than its size and weighs a lot less than its full contents, a perfect thing for a kender I think. It suits you"

After giving the kender the magic bag the elf smiles

"This way looks like a dead end. Shall we head back to the beginning ? and see what other turns there are ? Perhaps we may find another intrepid adventure who is good with a sword to join us"
Active threads

Fistar

---OOC --
(( I will reply shortly.  I have a feeling that my timezone maybe a bit skewed  (PST) but also have Christmas to deal with ))

Fistar

Tilos winced as his name was being called, why they must always yell so much.   He picked up his staff on the ground,  it was more for show, then anything else,  because well  the dragon just loved to keep his most precious magical items close by.   He then saw one of the bottles that he had conjured last night on the ground,  the one thing he was always good at was conjuring a bottle of different types of alcohol.  He picked it up and squinted at it to see if there was any content left, then without much fanfare he drank what ever putrid amount was left in it and then tossed the bottle aside which smashed into small pieces of glass.   The goblin started at him with great annoyance,   he didn’t care what the goblin thought at the moment.   Well he really didn’t think of much of anything these days anyways.   

Using the staff to steady himself he just nodded to the goblin, and knowing that doing any back talk would not do anything but probably increase the pounding of his head.

Intruders…   right…   he might as well see if he can befriend them and lead them to a trap.  Out right battling them might not be the best at the moment considering how he was feeling.

He knew there was a pit in one of passage,  if he could steer them there maybe he can push them in accidentally on purpose.

He then went off down the passage to meet up with whoever these adventurers were.    The imp appeared right next to him and it almost made him jump and hit his head on the ceiling.    He hated that imp.   He had a sneaking suspicion that it went out of its way to be an annoyance to him,   

The imp grinned at him flashing his sharp teeth,   it’s breath smelt like rotten eggs and it almost made Tilos sick as he choked out..   “Where are the intruders?”   

The imp motion down one of the passages and almost purposefully spoke with a sarcastic air,  “They are heading back to the entrance, but I heard them speaking about trying one of the other passages.  O’ Mighty Tiefling”  the imp then blew into his face, knowing full well his breath stunk and then disappeared.   Tilos almost gag and for a moment thought whatever content that his stomach contains would soon appear on the cave floor.

Tilos controlled his heaving and then sighed as he headed over in the direction of the entrance.   He might as well see if he can get them steered to the right passageway.    He still can’t believe that he agreed to be a slave of the dragon on the insistance of his father.  His father had told him that the dragon had a specific item that he needed,  a magical gem, and the only way to get was to help the dragon and eventually get trusted enough so he can retrieve the gem.   That was five years ago.    As he walked toward the entrance he sees the figures,  he muttered under his breath and an illusion of a gash appeared across his chest.   He stumbled forward toward them leaning heavily on the staff, which wasn’t that hard to fake as he was still feeling the affects of the night before.   

The cooler air from the entrance brushed across his bare chest and his belt skirt almost tangled around his legs as he stumbled to the ground.

Verasaille

Tilos would find himself near the entrance, but high above them. After all, Haolink was not about to have any openings that led to his control room. So the Tiefling would have to drop down about fifteen feet and hopefully fall on something soft, like maybe the bugbear? Of course that would wake him up.

That is if Lucky and Laura managed to sneak past the bugbear without waking him. The absence of the mist  might make the bugbear a little more with it. But he was comfortable where he was, curled up in a furry ball.

Fistar

Tilos stumbled forward and then stopped as he realized that the figures that he mistook for adventurers were actually large rocks,  straighten himself up he slowly walked forward, only to trip on a rock and falling forward and then flailing his arms falls over the ledge,  completely unaware he falls smack dab on top of the bugbear.   Landing was soft at least.   He gasps a moment thinking, what luck he had fallen onto something soft, only to hear the the softness growl and move.

Verasaille

The bugbear was smallish for one of his kind. But the landing of a body upon his curled up form was totally unexpected! He grunted in pain as the Tiefling rolled off of him.  A grumbling growl escaped him as he sized up the Tiefling. The bug bear was only three feet tall, though he thought he was a lot bigger.

About that time the goblin sent more bats to flutter around all the intruders. They were about the size of a human hand, nothing more than a nuisance.

Fistar

Tilos tilted his head for a moment as he sees the bugbear and almost laughed in relief,  for some reason he had visions of huge monstrous creature,  he was about to whack the bugbear over the head with his staff when the bats appeared.   He turned his attention to the bats and flails the staff around to keep the bats away and ducking down.

He gives off a girly scream, because he hates bats,  "Damn it..  stay away.. stay away.. ARRGH!!!"   

((OOC.. going to hold off posting in order the others to appear possibly  ))

Remiel

"Oooh!"  A magical pouch of holding was exactly what any self-respecting kender would want.  He quickly dumped all his items from one pouch into the other, and was surprised at how much smaller and lighter the one the sorceress gave him was.  He didn't have to lug the big one around anymore.  "My thanks, good lady!"  he bowed again, more deeply this time.  There was a saying--make friends with a kender and you will have a friend for life.  Of course, it was a curse as well as a warning, but the intent was there all the same.

"And yes, I saw a perfect tunnel on the way in!  It was a perfectly kender-sized tunnel..."  he frowned, as a thought occurred to him.  "But wait, you're not kender-sized, are you?  No, you'd be far too tall."  He rubbed his chin, pondering.  "Perhaps we could take one of the other tunnels instead?"

Suddenly, the sound of a growl echoed down the cave network.  Lucky knew that growl--it was the bugbear!

"Uh oh, I think the bugbear has woken up," he said, his brows knitting.  "Don't worry, Miss Laura Descia, I shall protect you!"  He leapt forward, hoopak in hand, to protect the sorceress from the evil bugbear attack.  Imagine his surprise when, instead of the creature, the kender received a faceful of bats.

LuciferOs

The elf smiled at the show of gallantry from the kender and was glad the pouch was well recieved, it has cost a small fortune but it was something that a kender would make better use of than herself.

As the scene dawned on her the elf shivered. Not those bats again. She remembered the frantic time she had prying one free of her hair.

The elf squatted as close to the ground as she dared. A bugbear ! and another form ? friend or foe she didnt know.  All knew bugbears were evil though and with that in mind the sorceress tries to hypnotize the bugbear, making something that is strong work for the team would be better than anything else.

She tried to get a clear view of the thing but bats were everywhere, there seemed to be no end of them !. If she does manage to get a clear view, that hynotize spell isn't far off.
Active threads

Verasaille

The bats do not stay long, as they are easily dispatched with a swat or two from almost anything. The bugbear roars again, the Tiefling had taken at least two of his hit points by merely falling on him. He only had four left. But he was unsure who to attack.

The Tiefling was screaming like a girl, confusing for the bugbear, he did not mind the bats, they left him alone. The kender on the other hand, had that nasty hoopak and it hurt to be smacked by it. He made a move towards the kender, though he was still several feet away. "ROARRR!" he bounded forward.

He stopped short and stared at the elf on the floor. Where did she come from? Blinking he stared at her in confusion.

Fistar

Tilos crouching down almost cowering as he finished flailing and then seeing that the bats have moved on.   He sees the bugbear charge forward at the figures further down the passageway.   
What a dilemma,   should he join the bugbear in the attack and then maybe defeat the adventurers or should he make it appear that he is with them?  He didn't know what strength they have and being a cautious and hungover tiefling,  he decided to appear that he was injured which he hopes the illusion on his chest holds and watches the bugbear attack.   
God what he would do for a drink right about now,  he thought.

Verasaille

Haolink watched as the bugbear stopped and stared. "Dang it!! Do I has ta send in heavy hitters? That Tiefling better do som'tin' besides watch! Where is the carrion crawler? That will do the trick, a nice big worm with lots o' teeth, crunching through walls!"

The whole cave system shook as he flipped a lever and the carrion crawler came out of his metal cage, hungry for carrion. (what else?) Ten feet of yellow and hot pink worm, about three feet thick slithered down through the hole above the adventurers.

Remiel

The brave Kender bounded forth, completely ignoring the tiefling.  "I thought I taught you a lesson!" he shouted at the bugbear.  "You can't eat me, nosirree!"  BONK! went the hoopak on the bugbear's head as Lucky smacked it a second time.  "That will teach you never to mess with the Hipweed clan of Amberbottom."

He stopped, as his perspicacious Kender ears heard the slithering of something nearby.  It sounded very large.  "Uh oh, something's coming!" he shouted to the sorceress, the tiefling, and even the bugbear.  "Run!"  With that, he scampered away down the tunnel.

Verasaille

(OOC- roll a 1d6 Remiel and see if you can get a hit on the poor bugbear. He only has 4 hit points left. Fistar-(Tiefling) the carrion crawler is almost on top of you. Roll a 1d6 dice and see if you get away. Lucifer, roll to see if your hypnotize spell will work on your choice of target, bugbear, tiefling, or carrion crawler.))

Remiel

Comment: naughty Bugbear

Fistar

(18:25:08) Elliquiy: Fistar rolls 1d6 and gets 4.
Roll Result: Tilos Serpit rolled: 1d6
Comment: Carrion Crawler  if I escape it !

Verasaille

Lucky for the kender, and his name pans out. The bug bear is now dead. The carrion crawler is looking for food. The Tiefling almost gets away, as the carrion crawler lunges forward and lands on top of the Tiefling as he heads right for the bugbear.

The Tiefling is now under the large worm, getting throughly slimed. Good thing for him the Carrion crawler prefers dead meat and the bug bear is consumed. But he is still hungry and sniffs around.

LuciferOs

Comment: hypnotizing ...
Result: 1,
Total: 1
-----

The sorceress has prepared the spell to be targeted at the bugbear but before the spell reached its critical phase a few things changed. Somehow the kender had overcome the bug-bear. That was impressive for a person mainly governed by wondering and stealing others goods.

The elf smiled to herself and was secretly proud of Lucky, and glad she had made the effort to befriend the likeable chap.

Whatever the other form was didnt seem to be having luck of its own at the moment. Worse fates existed yes, but being slimed to death by a carrion crawler wasn't the dream that many had.

Still the hypnotise spell was active and Laura ended it in a hurry to re-direct its intended target to the carrion crawler. She wasnt hopeful, changing the target mid-casting was never a good idea, and she wasnt sure how well hypnotise would work on a creature so alien, it may even drive her insane, such was the danger of spellcraft. Still it was the best thing she could think of at the moment.

With any luck they would have one of these creatures working for them, something to send out in frount and trigger traps and the likes in such a dangerous place would be very welcome. So would someone handy with a sword on their side for that matter, but beggars cant be choosers.
Active threads

Verasaille

The spell to hypnotize was not very strong and the carrion crawler shook its head and turned around, looking for something under him. He knew it was there somewhere. Of course the Tiefling could attack him as the carrion crawler was slightly disoriented.

The bug bear left behind his short spear, as it was not flesh. Anyone can pick it up if they need it. About five feet long and tipped with a shaped stone spearhead tied to the end.
------------------

"You dumb carrion crawler! Eat the intruders!!" Haolink was yelling very loudly.

Deep in the lower caverns the earth rumbled as the dragon chuckled. He was watching everything with his crystal ball. "At least they are entertaining!"

Fistar

(21:59:00) Elliquiy: Fistar rolls 1d6 and gets 6.
Roll Result: Tilos rolled: 1d6
Comment: Firestrike ((could be burning hands more like it ))

Slimed!!!   I did not sign up for this!   Oh for Empedocles’ sake,  I could use a drink,  Tilos thought.  He could just feel the slime travel up his nostrils,  it was very unpleasant and the weight of the beast, was almost suffocating.   He felt a rage build within him, he did not like being stuck under the creature and he felt a burning desire to, absolutely burn.   In his mind he pictured his hands as burning flames then released the power through his hand upwards into the carrion crawler.

Verasaille

In his current wormlike form, the carrion crawler was very tough against most things, swords tended to get stuck in his hide, most spells bounced off of him. But Fire was another matter! The putrid flesh of the carrion crawler started crackling with flame and the smell was horrific! For a creature this large it was surprising how fast it could move! leaving a burning slime trail behind he kept going off down the tunnel back to the beginning of the caverns and disappeared into the kender sized hole. There was a vague splash and he was gone.

Haolink was beside himself! Tearing out his yellow green hair, he started pushing more buttons and screaming obscenities. Of course none of the buttons actually did anything, but it made him feel better. Now all he needed was for the adventurers to find the doorway that lead to the next level! It's there somewhere, hiding perhaps, as doors often do.

Remiel

"Hey LADY!"  called the Kender from further down the tunnel.  "Are you coming?"

He liked Laura Descia; the elf sorceress seemed nice, and Lucky would feel bad if she got hurt.   Plus, she had given him a very nice magical pouch, which was worth far more than the gem he had put into it in his opinion.  Lucky felt somewhat obliged to her for that. 

He hadn't really made up his mind on the tiefling yet, as he had only seen him briefly in passing.   Perhaps the bugbear was eating him, for all he knew.  Bugbears liked to eat people, and that's why Lucky didn't like them.

Fistar

The stench of burning slime was almost overpowering, as being directly underneath and involved in burning of the carrion crawler, he got the full force of the stench.   Tilos got up on to his hands and knees and commenced to heave up what little content he had in his stomach, over the remains of the bugbear that the crawler had left.  He glanced down the cave after wiping his mouth with the back of his hand noting the small figure and the tall one in the back.   He still didn’t know what to make of them, and it looks like that it was up to him to somehow defeat them and bring whatever treasure that they have back to the dragon.   Really,  he was spent and still recuperating from the night of drinking,  if he appeared meek and played along with them and if they accept him as a fellow adventurer, he may be able to stir them to their demise as along as that damn goblin doesn't interfere.    As he thought on it,  he knew that wouldn't be the case. 

Verasaille

(OOC I am hoping for a response from Lucifer, but I won't keep you all waiting. The door to the next level is hiding, literally in one of the other openings. The time to move to the next level is now. I will give you some indication of what the other tunnels look like.))

The entrance of the cave was a ways back. There were seven doors and the adventurers had explored one. Two were rather small, on the far left of the main entrance. One rat sized, the next kender sized, (where the carrion crawler had disappeared) and the third was a bit bigger. There was total darkness down that way, and the tunnel sloped down for a good ways, maybe fifty feet, before it turned to the right.

The fourth tunnel was the one they were in now. The fifth tunnel was tall and wide in the first twenty feet , then narrowed down and got a bit smaller. But it was still a good six feet in height. It sloped upwards for about thirty feet after that and then turned to the right.

The sixth tunnel was shorter in length, about ten feet tall and narrow. There appeared to be a hole at the end of a narrow passageway. It was also very dark. How deep the hole was could not be seen from the entrance.

The seventh tunnel was interesting to say the least, for it sloped upwards at a very steep rate, at an angle of such a degree that you could not see past the first twenty feet. It had a very soft blue glow coming from the end and smelled odd, like a tang of burning metal.

Fistar

(( OOC I'll wait for LuciferOs a bit longer,  I'm in no hurry it is the holiday season ))

LuciferOs

"Im comming Lucky !" The elf sorceress replied after sighing thinking about her failed spells. Not much of a spell caster if the spells dont work. Still they were alive and more or less unharmed.

The mysterious figure turned out to be a tiefling recovering from being gooped by the carrion crawler.

"Well it seems we have company Lucky" Laura observed. "An enemy of my enemy is my friend" The sorceress nodded slowly, and offered a smile "Care to join us, perhaps company in this place can make the fairing easier on us all?"

"What do you say lucky ? Shall we extend our hand to this poor theifling ? He does look like he could do with a friend or two". Laura then looked to the theifling hoping the offer would be accepted "Im Laura Decisa, a Sorceress and this is my brave, intrepid and resourceful comrade Lucky, do you have a suggestion on which way we should go ?"

Active threads

Fistar

Tilos looked at the offered hand, obvious surprised on his face, most people he had met had shunned him, something of his demonic appearance at times scare them,  but he noted the hand and then the female.  Laura…   and  he glanced at the kender,  Lucky,  alright  this seems to be easier they accept him easily enough. 

He wiped his soot grimy hands on his long kilt and then took Laura’s.  Her hand seem cool to the touch, as he knew his would be much warmer than hers.  He smiled, trying to not show is fanged teeth,  “Pleased to meet you, Laura, I am called Tilos”    he tilted his head a moment to the side and eyed the Kender  then at the remains on the ground, “Sorry about the mess it seems that things got out of hand. “

Remiel

Lucky comes back along the tunnel. He looks Tilos up and down.  A tiefling, Lucky hasn't had much experience with Tieflings.  His infernal features are clearly apparent, but at least he's not a bugbear.

"Speaking of bugbears, did you see one? I bopped it upside the head with my hoopak," he said, waving the hooped staff around for emphasis, "but now it appears to be gone!  I bet it's being real sneaky.  There isn't much worse than bugbears, always trying to eat you."  He considered.  "Except owlbears, maybe. Owlbears are bastards."

He shrugged, and then smiled.  "Hi! I'm Lucky Hipweed of the Amberbottom Hipweeds.  Nice to meet you!"  Was it possible for someone that small to be so perpetually cheery?  "And this is my friend Laura Decisa! She gave me a very nice magical pouch!"  He waved the pouch in Tilos' face.  "There's lots of stuff in it, see?"  He sat the pouch down on the tunnel floor and opened it--and immediately all kinds of things spilled out.  Ranging from valuable gems to sharp-looking weapons (including a familiar-looking dagger) to obviously useless bits of feathers and shiny pebbles.  "Oops."

Verasaille

The goblin had to keep plotting, he had to make sure the treasures were protected! He had forgotten there was another treasure chest on his level. One of the other tunnels had something in it that would likely come in handy to someone.

Of course they would have to go exploring to find it. Haolink watched them through his crystal ball. "Maybe they will just get tired of explorin' and leave? I can hope..." he grumbled as the two adventurers and the Tiefling, who was supposed to be on the payroll to protect said treasures, sat around and chattered.

Deep in the bowels of the cave system, the Great Purple Dragon of Immense Beauty and size, shifted his large bulk and the entire area shook with tremors.

Fistar

The area shook and bits of dust fell from the ceiling from the tremor that the dragon caused and Tilos who was looking at what the kinder was showing, sneezed because of the dust.   He rubbed his hawk like nose for a moment trying to get rid of the tickle that threaten to make him sneeze again, and looked at the two adventurers.    He knew time would soon be running out as the goblin is one of those impatient ones…. Wait… they are always impatient duh.   He was berating himself for not paying attention to the layout of this maze of passageways and the more he looked around the more he knew that he had no clue where he was.  Still he was supposed to lead these adventurers to their demise and return with whatever treasure they had.  His eyes glint briefly at the meager amount of treasure that the Kender had,  probably for what it was worth, the magic pouch would be a nice addition.

He sighs, he needed a plan to somehow trip them up, maybe somehow get one alone and have an accident befall them?   Anyways for now it was time to just be patient.
He put on his best charming smile and motion to one of the tunnels,  “If we want to search out the tunnels some more, maybe we can turn up some treasure that we can split,  yes?” 

LuciferOs

The seventh tunnel was interesting to say the least, for it sloped upwards at a very steep rate, at an angle of such a degree that you could not see past the first twenty feet. It had a very soft blue glow coming from the end and smelled odd, like a tang of burning metal.

"Agreed Tilos, I take that as an acceptance to join us" The elf curtsied. "A pleasure"

Seeing the kender flaunt his wears the elf shook her head. "Lucky, stop flaunting your loot to those that may have less than you, its a quick way to cause jealousy and be robbed of them"

Without waiting the elf strode about contemplating the other corridors that were not yet explored.

"This last one seems promising" Laura yelled to the other two "its more interesting than the others and it has light so it may be more used than the rest. If I have to choose which leads to something greater than what we have here I would choose the last tunnel!"

The elf then started towards the light before looking over her shoulder.

"Well my brace companions, we are here for adventure and exploration, and this is the most promising route from what my eyes can manage. " Laura joked. She was feeling in much better spirits now she had a few with her, the caves did seem a lot less daunting.... friendly even.
Active threads

Verasaille

The tunnel that Laura decided to explore took a step upwards slope. So steep in fact she might have a hard time standing up as she walks up. It is also decidedly colder to the point the path becomes slippery with ice crystals. Soon there is a wall in front of her and the floor is very slick.

The light ahead seems to come from a room she can just barely see above her, it is shining from hundreds of dripping icicles hanging from the ceiling.

Fistar

Tilos watched the Laura move up the corridor that she had proclaimed that looked promising and he tried to think what was up that way, but for the life of him,  he couldn’t remember.  Somewhere in his befuddled half intoxicated and half hangover mind there was something about that tunnel she has chosen, but he couldn’t remember it.   Still he dutifully followed her up the tunnel.   Occasionally he would look at Lucky and see if he was up to anything.   This was a first time he had met a kender,  he had heard of them so he was wary.   

It seems that he was accepted into the group, foolish as they were, he would play along until he can see an opportunity.   The floor was obviously slippery and he wondered if a push in the right direction would make someone fall and crack a head open.  Accidents do happen,  he smiled as he glanced around for a moment to see, if a fall would take someone out,  and then they ran up into the wall.   

It was uncomfortably cold for him and he shivered for a moment,  his eyes travelling to Laura,  “What do you think?”

((--ooc not sure long to wait on Remiel so just posting to move things along))

Remiel

(Sorry, was visiting a friend from out of town.  Also, congratulations on your acceptance, Fistar and LuciferOs!)

Lucky quickly stuffed all of the items back into the pouch.  Luckily, he did not touch the cursed dagger as he did so.

He cheerfully acknowledged Laura Descia's chastisement with a, "If Mr. Tilos wants to borrow anything from my pouch, all he needs to do is ask!  I don't mind sharing, not one bit."

Packing the pouch away, he followed them up the tunnel. When the elf and the tiefling had to crouch to avoid bumping their heads, the kender still had plenty of room. 

"Brrr!" he said.  "It is getting colder, don't you think?  I wonder why that could be.  Maybe there is a frost giant in the cave up ahead.  Have you ever seen a frost giant?  They are grumpy but they are otherwise okay.  As long as you leave 'em alone and don't holler in their ears, they'll leave you alone."

He looked up at the wall, and automatically began checking for traps and secret passages.  Because that is what one did in a dungeon.

LuciferOs

The sorceress nodded to the two when they were buy their side, thankful for their company then tapped the wall with a long finger before looking up after a minute.

"Floura OOmlah" she murmured to herself in elvish, for those that could understand it meant interesting

"Well lets see if my spells are back with me again shall we ?" The elf stretched and breathed deeply.

"Lucky your the lightest and the smallest of us, Im going to cast a telekinesis spell and send you up first, I want you to confirm it makes sense for us to follow before Tilos and myself join you, otherwise i I will float you down, Just yell what direction you want me to move you in"

Without waiting for a reply the mage focused on the spell, in the attempt to lift the kender above the wall.

Comment: telekinesis

Verasaille

(OOC- going to wait for Lucky to confirm if he is all right with this idea, otherwise it is too much godmoding on the part of Laura to assume he will be)

The wall was perhaps ten feet up to the next level. What they could see of it. The next level being very cold and slick , ice melting over a frozen floor. There are no traps here and the way up would be certainly easier if one of them were to spot the rope coiled up in a dark corner, and a convenient overhang of rock jutting about fifteen feet up above them.

If the tiefling actually found his memory in the fog of his alcohol fuddled brain, he would know that something awaited them up above. A creature of cold and ice. With spiky horns and a wicked spiked tail. Interesting enough, it would not leave this cavern. It seemed to be guarding a chest on the far end. A treasure that the Tiefling had better remember belongs here and not in the pocket of a kender.

Remiel

"Wheee!" said Lucky.  "I'm flying! I'm flying!"

Or at least floating.  This was such great fun, he did not want it to stop!

Halfway up he noticed the rope.  "What's that?" he pointed at the coil.

Fistar

Tilos watched the Kender float up in the air,  his eyes studying him for a moment then looked at Laura,  they were alone practically, the kender was not near enough to do anything, if he so happened to bop Laura in the head.   He shivered for a moment, not entirely sure if it was the cold or the thought of just knocking out the Sorceress right now. 

His grip tightened on his staff as lifted it up and approached Laura, hopefully she wouldn't suffer too much he thought.   It was then that Lucky yelled out,  “What’s that?”   
Momentarily distracted he looked up to see where the kender was pointing at,   he found it quite funny to see the kender flying in the air and pointing to a spot on a ledge and almost giggled,   then he remember something about the creature on the other side of the wall and the chest.   Not that he was squeamish or anything like that,  he just thought the creature may handle these adventurers on its own,  of course he would just hang back and watch and finish the job if it was required,   although he couldn't rightly remember if the creature was friendly to him.   

Verasaille

Hello there Remiel. I think since Lucifer got approved she has forgotten this thread. I think it was her turn to post. If I see her or if you want to PM her maybe we shall see if she still wants to continue?

LuciferOs

(OOC: Sorry)

Tilos stated the question perfectly.

"Lucky please tell us what do you see ? Shall I bring you down ?  it may be foolish for us to try and manage whatever caught your eye while a fall so high is about our feet"

Laura was concerned, Lucky wasn't revealing much.

"Does it make sense to being Tilos up ? followed by me or shall we try another path ? This does seem dangerous"
Active threads

Verasaille

In the far corner of the room a large mostly white fur covered creature snoozed with a tail wrapped over his nose. The sound of the Kender squealing about flying woke the cave yeti and he yawned. Looking around in confusion he thought he saw something floating in the air by the tunnel entrance.

He let out a warning growl, a deep rumble that might shake the tunnel a bit and cause a couple of icicles to fall down.

Remiel

"Do you see the rope?" Lucky pointed.  "There's a coil of it over there."

Just then, something growled nearby.  Lucky spun, or at least swiveled in mid-air, trying to discern the source of the noise.  Somewhere in the back of the icy cave, high so the others could not see, there seemed to be some kind of creature covered in white fur that was starting to move.  It was rather large, especially compared to the kender.

At first, Lucky thought it might be a bugbear in disguise, and he let out a cry of alarm.  But it didn't seem to be a bugbear.  "Hellloooo!" he called out toward the yeti.  "I'm Lucky Hipweed of the Amberbottom clan!  Is this your cave?  It's a very nice cave, although it's very cold.  Don't you ever get cold?  Don't be alarmed by the fact that I seem to be flying--kenders don't usually fly, well, not unless they've had a lot of apple ale!  And then they still don't really fly, they just think they can. "  He fumbled around in his pouch, looking for something he could give to the yeti as a gift.  He selected the fifth thing his fingers came across, at random--which happened to be a shiny blue gem.  Completely oblivious to its value, he offered this to the yeti in an outstretched hand.

Then another thought occurred to him, and he quickly snatched it back.  "Wait--you're not a bugbear in disguise, are you?"

Verasaille

It was not everyday that Kender came into the cave. And certainly not one offering gifts! The Yeti sniffed and moved forward slowly. Outstretched hand to touch the shiny gem. Could it be the Yeti was actually just a friendly furball guarding a treasure?

Then the Kender withdrew his offer and the Yeti blinked. Then a frown as the kender still floated in the air. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth to let out a ferocious roar!

(OOC, loving this, you may roll for defense- use 1d6, Yeti got a 5)

Remiel

Comment:
Result: 2,
Total: 2

The Kender did a somersault in the air as the force of the yeti's roar blew him over.  The gem dropped from his fingers, down onto the icy ground below. 

"Wheewwwweeee, that's some bad breath you got there!" said the Kender.  "How about a breath mint?"  He dug into the pouch again.  Somewhere in there was a sweet, he just knew it...

LuciferOs

"Oh dear ! It didn't sound good !" The sorceress worried. "Lucky Im bringing you down to join us, lets leave trouble there and try one of the other paths !"

The sorceress tries to modify the telekinesis spell to bring lucky back safely.

Comment: bring lucky home
Result: 3,
Total: 3
Active threads

Verasaille

It was a lucky day for the Kender and between his agile somersaulting and the sorceress's magic, he floated back down safely. The yeti went back to his treasure and lay back down to sleep.

Fistar

Tilos gripped his shaft and watch the antics of the kender in the air.  For a moment there a crack of grin came across his face, then he admonish himself internally.   He was supposed to do away with these adventurers and take their meager treasures back to the dragon.  For a moment,  as he watched the kender drift down,  he wondered if he knocked out the sorceress that the kender would fall to ground and kill himself.   But as he ready himself,  the moment passed and the dratted kender was on the ground.   

He sighed as he stepped back from the group for a moment and then studied the ice wall.   “Do you know if there is any value of climbing that wall and seeing if that creature is protecting any treasures?”   He glanced at the Kender, for a moment,  “Did you see anything else beyond the wall? “

Remiel

"Wheee! Awwww," said Lucky as he floated back to the ground.  He was a bit disappointed--the levitation spell had been fun.

He looked up at Tilos as the tiefling asked his question.  "I think there was a chest at the back of the cave, hey, now that you mention it, I wonder what was in it?"  He rubbed his chin, pondering.  Lucky wasn't motivated by greed as was most adventurers, but rather by his insatiable curiosity.

To the sorceress, he said, "Aw, he didn't look that mean, I mean yeah he had terrible breath but then so do I sometimes, especially when I've just had boiled onion soup!  And don't get me started on firespice.  If I get a mouthful of that, I can practically breathe flames like a dragon!"

LuciferOs

"Treasures or not if anything that could cause us trouble is on the top of that plateau, it would be foolish of us to try and make a stand while floating their slowly, while that creature attacks as, all it has to do is say boo and we skip a step and fall to our deaths, we can't retreat quickly. I say its too dangerous, lets take another path, we have only tried two and there were seven I think, one too small for most of us, but there are others."

The sorceress was glad lucky had returned intact.

"Its good your in one piece, that growl means that whatever it is, is big and not happy. That means one thing for people intruding on its lair. Trouble, lets not provoke it further."

The sorceress then turned about "Its good my magic is working again, that had me worried for a while. Anyway, I chose this path, and it didn't seem a good one, does anyone else care to choose the next ?"
Active threads

Verasaille

From the room above them came a low rumbling chuckle. As if the Yeti was calling them all 'chicken'. He examined the fine blue gem that the Kender had dropped. Smiling he dropped it into the treasure chest. Of course there were other tunnels to explore.

The goblin was relieved the yeti was at least successful in keeping the treasure he was guarding. They had still not explored tunnels 5 and 6. Both were rather dark and musty smelling.

Remiel

"What about if we go down the left tunnel?" Lucky pointed to the kender-sized one, the one that the carrion crawler had disappeared into.    "Oh, wait, I forgot, you're not kender sized.  You'd probably have to crawl on your hands and knees, that's no fun.  It's not your fault you're too tall!  All right, let's go this way!"

Smiling with benevolence, Lucky started heading down tunnel number 5. 

Fistar

Tilos glanced at the kender size hole and then bites his lower lip for a moment as he listens to Lucky. The obvious choice was the other tunnel and he breathed a sigh of relief as the kender went down the tunnel.  Somewhere in in his alcoholic fog of a brain,  a song popped into his mind,   Mamba No. 5.  For a moment he stopped and his tail start swinging back and forth in time with the song and he even for a brief moment moved his hips back and forth.   

He blinks and shakes his head to clear his head,  no idea where that song came from and then smiled exposing his fanged teeth,  "That tunnel looks fine, I'm sure we can find some more interesting things there. "

LuciferOs

Laura saw lucky choose a tunnel and bravely lead the path down its interior.

She gave quick smile at Tilos before following lucky, making sure to take in her surroundings.

"It would be good to have something to show for this exploration, something to show my relatives. Who knows ?"

Active threads

Verasaille

The goblin grinned as they headed for tunnel number five. "Keep going, a few more feet....come on, don't stop now..."

The tunnel was very dark, and narrow. Barely tall enough for the tallest of them to stand upright. It got so that only one could pass at a time. If they do not have a light, they might fall through the trap door. As it is, the trap door is cunningly hidden in the dirt of the cave.

Can anyone detect traps? Have a roll of the dice, (1 d6) and beat 5 to detect the trap door.

LuciferOs

my staff gives off a light ... I am not sure if that is enough though.

Comment: trap door

Remiel

As a Kender / Thief, Lucky has an innate skill for detecting traps.

Comment:
Result: 3,
Total: 3

Verasaille

(OOC-since Tilos is essentially not of your party but supposed to be helping the goblin... I am afraid you both lose, the trapdoor opens as the kender and his lady friend slide down a chute to a pool below. It is not deep, but the room they are in is VERY dark. I do believe that Laura can stand up in the water, but Lucky is a bit short...hope he can swim! Once one of you can light things up, you see a round room with the pool in the center, there is a tunnel leading down to the North and another tunnel leading south and upwards.))

Remiel

"Wheeeee!" shouted Lucky as he slid down the shoot.  One minute he was just walking along, the next a trapdoor had opened and he was plummeting downward...but he shared the personality characteristic of most kenderfolk, to always adopt a positive outlook no matter what. 

Splash! went the kender, as he hit the pool.  This was not quite as fun--Lucky could swim, but he wasn't very good at it.  The room was very dark, even for his eyes.   "Hello?  Miss Laura Descia? Mr. Tilos?" he said, dogpaddling in place.

LuciferOs

"Youlien Frenanah lan den Queisten!" Laura yelled in elvish, its translation could be guessed at.

When she had got her bearing after falling she realized she was in water. It did prevent the landing being as bad but it certainly was startling.

When she managed to get on her feet she noticed that the kender wasn't tall enough to do the same.

"Climb on my back Lucky" the elf offered. When triggering her staff to shed light on the area.

There was no sign of Tilos, for the moment anyway. But more immediate issues came to mind. What now ?

"Tilos !" Laura yelled to the roof, hoping he could hear us "Can you hear us ?"

Laura's first instinct was to use telekinesis to go back they way they came but the passageway turned somewhat, and telekinesis on several people, or on others outside of sight was dangerous and unreliable. For the moment they were safe, unless anything lurked in the water.

"The passage south looks like the best option, perhaps we can meet with Tilos again, otherwise we will be separated and that probably would be a bad thing. How are you going there lucky, still with me ?"
Active threads

Fistar

Ohh yes, the pit trap,  now he remembered the way,  this tunnel contained it, and he was quite please when heard the trap was sprung and gleefully rubs his hand together,   for a few moments, thoughts of regrets went through his mind, but then he shrugged it off and thought that all he had to do was go down to the lower caves and pick up whatever meager treasures from their dead bodies. He was quite eager to do just that, until he heard the sorceress's voice.   Again there was a moment of delight that they were still alive, which soon turned to resignation as now he might need to do the deed himself almost regrettable.   He mutters under his breath,  as he hears them down below,  "Well get on with it Tilos, the dragon isn't going to be pleased with you is he now."  berating himself and then  he yelled down,  "I think there may be a passage down from here, I can maybe meet you south, Yes? "   

As he said this a thought passed through his mind,  as he looked down the chute and then grin as he mutters some magical words,  maybe some boulders down the the chute will knock them on the head he thought as he attempted to conjure the boulders.  As the words left his mouth,   goose feathers start appearing in the chute and start floating down and even a pillow appeared and would fall down the chute and possibly hit either one of the adventures down below.

Tilos grumbled,  as he saw what he conjured up,   as it wasn't the first time he had misspoken spells before,   he sighed and decided to see if he can find the lower tunnels and meet up with the group, because it was obvious that he will need to kill them on a more personnel level

Verasaille

The tunnel to the south leads up for a short ways, and then it heads down. The tunnel narrows as they walk. The light from the sorceress' staff shows them the walls are dripping with slime. Green goo that drips lazily down the walls and collects on the floor. As they go lower still the slime is collecting in a slow river that leads to a puddle of slime. There in the gloom they can just make out a box like form sitting on a rock, surrounded by a river of slime.

Is it a real treasure or a mimic? GM rolls in the AB....( 1d6=4) Get higher than GM and get a treasure.

LuciferOs

Comment: treasure
Active threads

Remiel

"Why that's very kind of you Laura Descia!" Lucky said, gratefully.  With the elf's help, he climbed upon her back.  He weighed about the same as a large child.  "Look, Laura Descia, feathers!"  He pointed up, as the feathers began to descend from the chute.  "Wait, I just had a thought--what if these are the feathers of the wicked Dire Bird?  Dire birds feast on folk's flesh, as everyone knows.  Don't worry, I shall protect you!"  He waved his arms at the feathers, swatting them away, when suddenly--a pillow dropped and bounced off his head!

"Curse you, Dire Bird!"  His shouts echoed around the chamber. 

LuciferOs

OOC:

Remiel, roll for treasure !!

BTW Tilos and lucky are fantastic to play with both of you role play them very well, it does make this an interesting and fun thread - thank you all three of you for making it to light hearted.

End OOC
Active threads

Remiel

Comment:

Verasaille

The Goblin curses as the adventurers find the treasure chest. Thanks to the luck, they each find something worthwhile. The sorceress finds a beautiful robe with enchantments on it. Her favorite color and all the pockets she could ever dream about!

The kender finds a flute, it is magical in nature and he can charm critters with it, as long as he plays it. When he stops playing they will be stunned for a few minutes then they will chase him!

Fistar

Tilos followed the path down towards where he knew he would meet up with the adventurers.  He wrinkled his nose for a moment as he passed a spot of where some denizen of the cave, had decided that it was good spot deposit some scat.    He didn't even want to know what kind of creature, that had left it, just that he knew it stunk. 

He hurried onward until he caught up to them going through the treasure chest that they had found.  As they were examining their treasures, distracted as they might be, Tilos had a thought that it might be time to end this charade,  he didn't want the dragon or the goblin for that matter to bring their wrath on to him for allowing these adventurers to loot treasures of the dragon.   On that thought he lifted his hand and prepared a spell to fry them where they stood.  Maybe it was thought of the that stinking scat, that had fouled his nostril with the smell that had distracted him for a moment as he put all his hangover mind to the task.   

He cast the spell,  and his eyes widen as what appeared in his hand was bouquet of freshly cut purple roses, which gave off a beautiful scent that waft in the air around him.   He blinked his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing what he was seeing.   He stood there with an outstretched hand that contain roses and prayed that they didn't turn around to see him.

LuciferOs

"How very kind of you Tilos ! And in a place like this how thoughtful !" Laura looked at the roses and smiled, then whirled her new robe over her attire and did a twirl for those watching to see
"It suits me doesn't it ! Enchanted too ! And pockets where I need them, fantastic ! I Love it"

"There doesn't seem to be anything for your tilos, but you can keep those roses if you like, you carrying them suits me. Perhaps the next chest will have something for your nature"

She then looks over to the kender

"What do you have there lucky ? Something you like ? Is it magical like mine ? "
Active threads