You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 12:12:26 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: DnD question.  (Read 570 times)

Offline InkiduTopic starter

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
DnD question.
« on: September 26, 2008, 07:56:58 AM »
So I've been wanting to pick up DnD, preferably 3.5 because no one around where I am seems to like 4. I was wondering how much is a starter set of stuff going to cost. books, dice miniatures. That sort of thing.

Offline RubySlippers

Re: DnD question.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
3.5 you can get the core rules free online if you want to download and use those. But for the books proper if used a set might run $50 or so on eBay used for the three core books.

Dice around $1 each for fancy one and minis god there is alot of money for that and you have to paint them, painted around $6-10 each from a great mini-painter for each figure at least at the stores around here where I live.

Its not cheap a game to get into and all but 3.5 is rather popular. Shockingly the cheapest DnD sets to get are the earlier ones 1st Edition and 2nd Edition books can be rather cheap especially of not in particularly good condition.

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 09:50:14 AM »
Well I'm sure I could get the rules online but I wanted to have some equipment. Dice and mini's can probably be found at any hobby shop right?

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 10:22:05 AM »
Yes naturally and don't forget a cool dice bag your not a gamer without a neat dice bag, I have a small natural leather one.
 ;D

Your best bet though to get good deals is hit a huge game convention like GenCon you can get almost anything you need, want or envy.
 ;D

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 10:38:12 AM »
Whoa, lets see if it sticks before I do anything drastic.

Offline sleepingferret

• Knight
  • Seducer
  • Location: Someplace with warm weather and no silly politicians...oh wait, that'd be my dreams
  • Conflict is inevitable...How we solve it, matters.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 12:22:28 PM »
Crown royal bags are my group's official dice bag of choice.

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 01:09:05 PM »
You also have the likes of eBay and Bartertown where you could probably get the books cheaper. Finding them new may be tricky, as a lot of game shops would have stopped getting 3.5 in preparation for 4 coming out.

Offline shadowheart

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »
Crown royal bags are my group's official dice bag of choice.

Amen to that!  You get a really cool looking bag, and a bottle of Crown in the bargain.  Can't beat it! ;)  ;D

Offline kongming

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:16:54 PM »
I have too many dice for a bag (over 300d6) so I just keep them all in a "Smith's Stax" container. It's almost full to the brim.

I also have a little "Lucky Dice" tin. I carpeted it with a beautiful fake fur material (deep red-purple with black "leopard spots"), to encourage good rolls.