You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 12:07:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: FFXIV - Password/Token Lockout Question  (Read 391 times)

Offline ValthazarTopic starter

• Writer ͏͏● Educator ● Gamer ● Roleplayer ● Debater ● Tech Connoisseur ● Gym Rat ● Procrastinator ● As they say, "A simple PM may lead to lifelong friendship" ▬▬▬▬
  • Suspended
  • Seducer
  • Proceed and be bold. Embrace your insecurities.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
FFXIV - Password/Token Lockout Question
« on: October 04, 2014, 11:02:30 PM »
I used to play FFXIV many months ago, and began using the token login system (where you get a number sent to the phone app when you enter your password, to also put put in each time you log in).

Well, I didn't play the game for many, many months, and this summer, I stupidly dropped my phone into the pool.  So now I am in a situation where I don't know my password, and I don't have access to my token.

Is there anything I can do?  I tried to look around their account site, but I keep getting redirected to webpages and can't find a contact number or email.

Thankfully my subscription is not active so I am not losing money or anything.  I know my username though, and email, if that helps.

Thanks.

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Fantasy Novelist ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: FFXIV - Password/Token Lockout Question
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »
I used to play FFXIV many months ago, and began using the token login system (where you get a number sent to the phone app when you enter your password, to also put put in each time you log in).

Well, I didn't play the game for many, many months, and this summer, I stupidly dropped my phone into the pool.  So now I am in a situation where I don't know my password, and I don't have access to my token.

Is there anything I can do?  I tried to look around their account site, but I keep getting redirected to webpages and can't find a contact number or email.

Thankfully my subscription is not active so I am not losing money or anything.  I know my username though, and email, if that helps.

Thanks.

Hi,

I haven't played the game, but they should have a customer service centre to help out with issues like that.

I think this is it here:
https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1

If they can't help you out or you get a useless answer, I'd suggest asking them to escalate your query.

Hopefully that will help.

Offline Formless

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »
Also Can't you get a SIM card with the same number you had in your previous phone?

Since they send the input token to the same Number , all you need is to get your number back.

Offline ValthazarTopic starter

• Writer ͏͏● Educator ● Gamer ● Roleplayer ● Debater ● Tech Connoisseur ● Gym Rat ● Procrastinator ● As they say, "A simple PM may lead to lifelong friendship" ▬▬▬▬
  • Suspended
  • Seducer
  • Proceed and be bold. Embrace your insecurities.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 03:54:01 PM »
Thanks for the help guys.  Another friend also showed me that link as well, and I got it sorted out!   :-)

Thanks again.