So, as the title suggests I'm looking for an Exalted game or two. Given the various issues with second edition I'm completely fine with taking a sort of freeform approach to at least parts of the game. (I generally prefer to make up a character sheet even for freeform games, just so I have a good reference for what the character's capabilities are, but there's no need to do so for NPCs if you don't feel like it)
I've got quite a few ideas for games I'd like to play, fleshed out to varying degrees, but I'd be more than happy to hear any ideas you might have if none of these catch your eye. In general these were conceived with the intent to be run by a Storyteller/GM as a solo adventure, but some could potentially work with us splitting the storyteller duties. I've also been interested in taking the Storyteller role myself lately so if you might perhaps be interested in sort of doing a trade, where you run a game for me and I run one for you that could be fun! I definitely ant to play the ideas I've got listed below though, so if you want me to run a game you'll need to bring some ideas of your own to the table.
I'm fine with any level of smut for these, some lending themselves to it more naturally than others, but I want a good solid plot. You can find my Ons and Offs over here
. I post almost daily, sometimes more if possible, but have no problem with slower posting rates.The South
- Craving! - With the Court of Orderly Flame as potential allies or backers, Swan Dragon wandering around just waiting for someone to find and fix him up, multiple nations ready to shake off the Realm's rule as it turns its attentions inward, and Nazri keeping the Bronze and Gold Factions from causing as much trouble as they might, the South seems like a REALLY fun place to play an ambitious Eclipse caste Solar.
- I'd like to focus pretty heavily on character development here, with the Eclipse starting off somewhat selfish and indolent until she realizes just what sort of things she can achieve with her new power. I see her having a lot of dealings with gods and elementals, and perhaps Sidereals eventually since she keeps dancing in and out of their turf. I particularly like the idea of a Bronze faction sidereal as a sort of recurring foil/rival for her. His meddling could be what makes her start to realize she's squandering her abilities, and her evolution into a real hero could cause him to start questioning the party line.
The Cult of the Illuminated
- Reverent Emerald has no idea why she was swept off to Yu-Shan two years ago, but she's certainly not complaining. Assisting the the librarian gods in the Forbidding Manse of Ivy is not a particularly exciting or glorious job, but it's certainly better than spending her days as a slave, being battered and pawed at by spoiled dynasts in the Imperial City. If she had the slightest inkling that she's destined to receive the Exaltation currently held by Chejop Kejak she would probably be a lot more concerned about the ever-increasing number of Sidereals who seem to be popping in to have a word with her.
- While Heaven is filled with wonders and luxury few in Creation could imagine, it has a dark and dangerous underbelly to match. While most of her peers are busy managing the chaos that the Solars' reappearance is causing across Creation, Adamant Sky's recent assignments have all been in Yu-Shan itself, sending the young Chosen of Secrets into every darker and more dangerous areas of the city to ferret out the terrible things that lurk in the shadows. While the assignments have given an impressive boost to her salary (not to mention prestige) she worries that whoever is sending her unsigned orders is becoming increasingly frustrated with her continued survival.
- It's often regulated to a few lines in a character's background, but I'm really interested in the actual indoctrination/training process Solars go through in the Cult of the Illuminated, particularly in the Sequestered Tabernacle or possibly the Underground Sanctuary or Tea Gardens of Yu-Shan if you want to go all Third Option. (Kether Rock is interesting too of course, but I don't particularly like to play combat heavy characters.) Lots of focus on character interaction and relationships with this one - eventually (though not too soon) I'd like for the Solar to discover all the shifty things going on behind the scenes with the Sidereals and play with the fallout from that
- The CotI book mentions a couple times that the Gold Faction occasionally forces people with handy skills, such as mortal thaumaturges or local god-bloods, into leading cult temples whether they want to or not. I'd love to play one of said thaumaturges/god-bloods in just such a situation, cajoled or blackmailed into running the local temple against her will. What lengths does she have to go to to keep the mortals in her charge safe? How does she deal with her Sidereal "bosses" and the so-called Shining Ones they occasionally parade through? What happens if she ends up Exalting herself?
For the Throne
- Dynastic politics! Magic! Ridiculous high school drama! What's not to love? I don't have a solid idea for a plot, but I'd love to play a student at the Heptagram, dealing with petty teen-aged dynasts, disguised-Sidereal teachers and whatever horrible demon has been summoned this week. I'm thinking maybe a young lost egg with unusually high Breeding, adopted by the Empress herself before she up and vanished. She'd be a tempting target for the Great Houses since she doesn't have any prior allegiance, either to be recruited or eliminated if she looks like she's becoming a threat.
Spy in the House of Dragons - Iselsi Avelle, a young dynast who never received the blessing of the Dragons, was sent out to a distant satrapy to investigate corruption. She found evidence aplenty, but was caught and thrown into a dungeon in the process, where she caught the attention of a certain silver trickster goddess. Now a Lunar exalt bearing the name "Distant Silver Whispers," Avelle has returned to the Imperial City at the urging of her exalted brethren, to ensure the stability of the Realm for fear its collapse will trigger another invasion from the Wyld. There is a 2e version of Whispers' character sheet here, and my prefered Terrifying Argent Witch version here. Avelle's backstory is available at the first link, and details of her current situation in the Background section of the second. Taken!
These could work as shorter/simpler stories, or in combination with one of the other game seeds.
- A naive young Solar, inspired by visions of a past incarnation's passionate romance with her Lunar Mate, tracks down the other half of her mystical bond, only to find a monster, warped by the wild and centuries spent fighting the people that tore their world apart.
A Lunar girl, having given no thought to the one who might hold the solar essence her heart is bound to, finds herself inexorably drawn to one of the less-than-heroic Lawgivers rising to power as the end of the Age nears. Taken!
If interested please PM me rather than posting here!