: Ophelia KovachAge
: 26Character Type
: The KnowingOccupation
: Ophelia Kovach isn't from the town, but has lived here off and on for about 6 years. She works at a local craft shop, Sandalwood and Sage, that sells odds and ends furniture, home decor, incense, alternative faith icons, tea, and assorted other goods. She helps the owner run the shop and makes cash on the side selling drugs and acquiring hard to find objects and substances. White, attractive, unassuming, alternative, and able to not look alternative when she wants to she often works as a runner or delivery girl for The Knowing when they want things smuggled into town. Physical Description
: Picture says it all though her clothing style changes a lot. Personality
: Ophelia is the excitable sort. She loves meeting new people and seeing new things. Since she was little she has always been hungry for the rare and unusual. She likes finding what makes each person special and this often means she always has something nice to say about someone. Not quick to anger those who do anger her however find she is just as good at finding a person's weakness as she is what makes them special. Ophelia has reduced some people to tears, rage, and shame over her scathing reviews of them. She says the trick to this is understanding the person as they understand themselves. History
Ophelia has always been an explorer and has loved researching faiths, the occult, and local legends. During school she came through Nightwood Falls heading further out to research local legends for a paper in another town. While there she fell in love with the quint village feeling and could tell there was something...hidden there. A sixth sense for stories, or perhaps the call of the Lake, drew her back again and again through her school years. She has spent most summers working or living in the town and once school was done she started working full time at the craft store.
Before coming to Nightwood Falls, as early back as highschool, Ophelia has been involved in whatever local drug scene there was. It started when her older half-brother
began smoking Pot and brought her along. He wouldn't let her smoke and kept her around as a kind of safety line as he tried drugs. In time he let up and she began trying things a little at a time. Though, she would never get rid of the safety line role for those around her. Today Ophelia uses her drug contacts to earn a little cash on the side and supply The Knowing when they request illegal substances.
Her introduction into The Knowing was perhaps longer than most, stretched out over several years. After repeated summer trips to the town she was able to piece together large amounts of local legend and folklore, made friendly with most people in the town, and was slowly showing on the cult's radar. They could sense within her the same darkness that drew them all to the Lake so they let her be for now though they kept close tabs on her. It helped that The Knowing had a particular piece of blackmail: Ophelia and her brother had been secret lovers for years. They tried to keep it a secret and would even date and have sex with other people to help protect the secret and have fun. However, because they often stayed at the Bed and Breakfast Isabella Chung was able to quickly discover this and was also able to keep close tabs on Ophelia.
As school finished and the lovers were able to move into the town more permanently and the Cult put them to their last test. Now living in Nightwood Ophelia thought she would be able to break local histories wide open and finally find whatever that...something that called to her was. However, she was being stone walled. Oh everyone was nice and polite just as they always had been, but no new information was forthcoming, no new connections, no new stories. It was infuriating! More so because her brother seemed to be having no trouble making friendly. He was getting invited to dinners and parties, people she was sure were connected to the town's hidden story were greeting him like an old friend and ignoring her. He told her he had no clue why and was always trying to get her with them, but Ophelia didn't believe him. She was convinced he knew the truth and was shutting her out. It was maddening! She wanted the knowledge! Not him! He didn't even care. He only moved there because she wanted to...or maybe...he did want to, maybe he wanted it all. She became convinced that her brother was going to back stab her and take everything for himself, but she wouldn't let that happen. She began getting word of some large gathering by the lake that her brother was invited to. For once she was actually invited and she was convinced that this was going to be his moment of betrayal. That night as they went to the lake she kept a hunting knife hidden in her clothing. She insisted they arrive early and were able to arrive before anyone else. Once at the lake she drew her brother and lover off into a grove of trees and they made love one last time before she drew her knife and killed him. 36 times she stabbed him and she loved every moment of it. She could feel the call of the Lake more powerful than ever and simply Knew now. As she gasped and panted triumphant, nude, and drenched in blood The Knowing came out of hiding and gathered up the corpse to throw it in the lake. Ophelia was scared at first, but Isabella was there and assured her that she was among friends. Quirks:
Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.
- Hunting Knife: Ophelia still has the hunting knife she killed her brother with and keeps it with her almost always.
- Calm: She views each day as a new life and a new experience. Even in the face of danger she can keep her cool and find a way to survive.
- Knowledge Hungry: She asks a lot of questions and remembers almost everything she sees or hears. Like how a lot of monsters don't like salt for some reason.
: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.
Link your O&O
- Emotional delay: She can keep calm because her emotions delay themselves. Once she is safe the emotions come out meaning that the girl who just out witted Asphyxiation and got everyone out alive is now balling tears into your shirt and is a wreck for a bit.
- Knowledge Obsession: She has to know. If something gets stuck in her mind she has to pursue the question until she feels she has learned everything she needs to. She will risk herself and others to accomplish this.
- Trust Issues: Ever since her brother's "betrayal" she has not been able to fully trust anyone often souring relationships.
: O&OsSpecify Ons
NC, mild cutting, whipping, flogging, beatings, BDSM, abuse, humiliation. She loves getting tied up and dominated and likes doing to others with a partner.
Anal, gangbang, being forced: She just loves to do anal, NC, breath play, and being forced into doing various sexual acts.Specify Hard Offs
: Be Specific
Nothing with maggots, scat , dramatic mutilation. No Gore or vore.
Bathroom Play- I'm okay with watersports, but everything that isn't liquid should stay away from her.Sexuality
: Bisexual/Pansexual. Content Level:
Nightmare.Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell)
: Yes, Nightmare. Face Claim?
: NopeCharacter Connections:
- 'Roxy' Roxanne Franklin: Does Roxy have her one friend yet? Is Ian Cadence that friend?
- Isabella Chung: Ms. Chung has become Ophelia's main contact and mentor of sorts in The Knowing and Ophelia developed a kind of respect or lust based crush on Ms. Chung.
- Courtney Jefferson: Ophelia frequents Courtney's Cafe and has worked there more than once. Ophelia loves to pester Courtney about expanding her Cafe's tea selection.
- Prof. Willard Akeley (GM NPC): Prof. Akeley was always a good confidant when Ophelia was doing her research into local folklore. He loved to expound on his odd theories involving the occult and the town’s past history which Ophelia ate up. They still spend time together discussing theories over coffee and tea, but Ophelia politely doesn't let it get too close to the truth when she is around.
[/li][/list][li]Josie Ng: Their first meeting was when Ophelia broke into the university's library looking for a book in archives. She had made it out with the book but Josie had seen her and was able to make chase. Ophelia had to abandon the book to escape. Ophelia was wearing a mask, but Josie recognized her. It was a minor crime so Josie let it slide. Mostly because she knew Ophelia was being watched as a recruit.