You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:53:02 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Live Roleplay  (Read 1286 times)

Offline traci80Topic starter

Live Roleplay
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »
Is it possible to roleplay live out here? I'm tired of waiting for replies.

Offline Corinthi

Re: Live Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:43:54 PM »
Not sure what you mean. I've got a couple games that I set up on site, but are played out over IMs, and I understand some people play via chat.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:48:22 PM »
I mean playing via chat. This posting thing takes too long.

Offline Cirus

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 09:28:38 PM »
Interesting, where would be in the chat room of the site? Tell me what you have in mind.

Offline Sherona

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 10:08:55 PM »
That is what most people join forums for, so that they can take their time to write up a detailed post without having to be rushed by live feed. However if you click on the "chat" button on the tool bar up top there is an IRC there that it will take you to. Not sure how many RP there.

Offline Porphyre

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 11:18:25 PM »
tsk tsk. I used to RP in yahoo too, back in the day. Then Ayenee came along and... well no... ew.

The chat link works though, there's always people in there.

Offline Iofiel

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:04:40 AM »
I'd do chat with you, traci.

Offline Gerald

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 04:36:47 AM »
Traci,

I have found that RP in chat is difficult unless it is in a private IM setting, such as yahoo messenger.  But that usually turns more into cybersex than actual role play, which of course if a good thing too *grin* and can be done in character roles of course.

If you or anyone prefers the public being able to view the RP I have done some topics in character on a quick post basis, and had some fair results that way.  Before I suggest which might be best for you *smile* I had best go and read your ons and offs....hehe

Hope this was of some help, and since we have not yet met...welcome to E, nice to have you here  *sigh*

Gerald

Offline playfullchick76

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 06:54:21 AM »
I spent a lot of years in the yahoo chat rooms. then they were taken away, and i had to find another forum to free my mind and enjoy good roleplay. I like this site, no bots, for starters.

Offline james42smith

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
Hi Tracy,

As I'm sure you found out many of the old roleplaying rooms are plagued by bots which made finding a good rp partner practically impossible.

This site provides a good platform to meet a special friend along with the avenues to explore some scenes with very literate individuals.

Once you meet someone special, you may then finetune the mode of playing you wish to adopt in order to fully express yourself. I had a look at your profile and we may have things in common.

Let me know if you'd like to play a scene and we could go from there.

xxx

James

Offline MarquisDeSire

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 05:59:43 AM »
Is it possible to roleplay live out here? I'm tired of waiting for replies.

I prefer roleplays in realtime myself.  Lets talk when I get approved..

Offline WyzardWhately

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 01:23:17 PM »
I personally prefer to RP over IM, then later go back, clean it up, and post it as a single document.  Used to do that occasionally.

Offline MarquisDeSire

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »
I spent a lot of years in the yahoo chat rooms. then they were taken away, and i had to find another forum to free my mind and enjoy good roleplay. I like this site, no bots, for starters.

I agree with you, playfull.  I spent a lot of years in yahoo as well, and its nothing like it used to be.  This place, however, does remind me of the good lod days in yahoo.....but this is even better, so far.

Offline dlots22

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »
i'd be willing to rp in realtime with you, give it a day to get approved n i'll give it a shot (:
i usually use AIM for rp-ing so the forum system is a little different for me

Offline Lithos

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 08:55:23 AM »
Dont mind IM:s/chat as platform for game at all, but it places some restrictions to game as well. What I have found is that for game to work over IM:s, story needs to be able to go along in short steps as there is less continuity, or needs to be short to beging with. I have not too many hours i could ever dedicate to something in one single day, so I prefer to get the most of the time that I have. In IM:s can actually get something done instead of one post if even that so in that way much preferred.

And Interactive scenes in actually interactive environment are always good of course. Forums are the best place for when one needs long, detailed post and good history of what has happened in the story so far. So the more complex and in-depth the game, the better it becomes if it is played on forum instead of instant messenger or chat, at least for me. Even played some that mixed the two in my days, so many things are possible in that front. 

Offline Paradox

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »
Out of curiosity, did you ever find a suitable arrangement?

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 10:22:24 PM »
  I've picked up some people that I play with in IM. I am role playing in the forums too.

Offline Paradox

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 11:17:41 AM »
Ah, well then I'm glad you found what you needed. Have fun!