You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 21, 2017, 11:05:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Get the Green Light in the RLD

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Uplifting / Positive News Stories  (Read 6808 times)

Offline Sara Nilsson

Re: Uplifting / Positive News Stories
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2017, 09:40:57 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41336762

An airport has launched an appeal to reunite young passengers with hundreds of teddies left behind on their travels.

The lost property office at Glasgow Airport is overflowing with soft toys, with 21 left in the last three months.

Pictures of the lost toys are being shared by the airport on social media.

Staff said they knew children could be left "distraught" by losing a cuddly friend will also be introducing a "take care of my bear" tag.

The tags will be given to youngsters travelling with soft toys and will be marked with the owner's details.

As a lover of teddybears I can only say: yay go Glasgow Airport! I always loved my teddies and have most of them from when i was a small child and many many more these days. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose one when you are traveling. Thankfully Brumm was found after many hours of me crying.

Offline Oniya

« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2017, 10:13:11 PM »
Staff said they knew children could be left "distraught" by losing a cuddly friend will also be introducing a "take care of my bear" tag.

(I want these to look like the Paddington tag)

Online Lustful Bride

• "Logic is for Squares."
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0

Online Lustful Bride

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2017, 06:11:31 PM »

Offline gaggedLouise

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer | Dasha's skirted secretary
  • Champion
  • Enchanter
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2017, 04:32:48 AM »
NASA and its Russian counterpart Roscosmos agree to cooperate on setting up the first space station orbiting the moon. Essentially a lunar version of ISS, intended as a research lab for exploring the moon and a staging post for future efforts to land humans on the moon and on Mars. :) The project will be led primarily by NASA, but funded, manned and with technological input by both countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/sep/27/russia-and-us-will-cooperate-to-build-moon-first-space-station

Just great to see this happen.

Online Sain

« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2017, 04:58:53 AM »
NASA and its Russian counterpart Roscosmos agree to cooperate on setting up the first space station orbiting the moon. Essentially a lunar version of ISS, intended as a research lab for exploring the moon and a staging post for future efforts to land humans on the moon and on Mars. :) The project will be led primarily by NASA, but funded, manned and with technological input by both countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/sep/27/russia-and-us-will-cooperate-to-build-moon-first-space-station

Holy shit that is cool.

Offline CaptainNexus616

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2017, 07:14:39 PM »

So much awesome!

Online Lustful Bride

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2017, 10:52:30 AM »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:53:55 AM by Lustful Bride »

Offline Deamonbane

• A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2017, 02:00:11 PM »
Iceland just qualified for their first FIFA World Cup, after a historic run in the Euro Cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceland_at_the_FIFA_World_Cup

Just... really proud for them.

Online Lustful Bride

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2017, 08:20:52 AM »
After 5 years in captivity, a US mother, Father, and their children have been released from Taliban imprisonment.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/militants-free-american-woman-and-family-held-for-5-years-in-afghanistan/ar-AAtl1xM?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Online Lustful Bride

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2017, 06:46:52 AM »

Offline Mr. Vyce

« Reply #111 on: Yesterday at 07:15:45 PM »
Aaron Courtney, a 31-year-old high school African-American football coach in Gainesville, hugged a Nazi outside of Richard Spenser's speech on Thursday, asking "Why do you hate me?"

Citing the teachings of his father, who is a bishop, Courtney told the Daily News, “Something in me said, ‘You know what? He just needs love. Maybe he never met an African-American like this.”

And so he told the Nazi to give him a hug. And despite some initial resistance, Courtney said, “I reached over and the third time, he wrapped his arms around me, and I heard God whisper in my ear, ‘You changed his life.’”

The crowd around them immediately reacted and when Courtney pressed him again, asking “Why do you hate me?” Furniss finally answered, “I don’t know.”

"I believe that was his sincere answer. He really doesn’t know,” Courtney said.

After Furniss was ushered away by police, he took a photo with Courtney’s friend.

The 31-year-old said, “I honestly feel that was a step in the right direction, for him to take a picture with a guy that he hated when he woke up this morning.”