You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 24, 2016, 05:40:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Disabling Shoutbox?  (Read 173 times)

Online BlinkinTopic starter

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Disabling Shoutbox?
« on: September 20, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »
Is there any way, any way at all of perminently disabling shoutbox? Of just cutting it out of my account options or something?

I'm constantly hitting the button to open the thing and then I have to find the link to close it. I keep disabling it, but when I come back to E, it's enabled again and I'm hitting the button by accident.

This is more than frustrating and I know that it's a popular feature, but I just don't have any use for it and the constant effort of trying to get it deactivated and keeping it that way is becoming a real issue for me.

So... help? Anyone? Beuler? Anyone?

Offline Ariel

Re: Disabling Shoutbox?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
Go to your forum settings and find "look and layout". At the top, it gives you the option to change the theme. Any one of the themes that end with _ns will allow you to have a theme with no ShoutBox. :-)

Edit: also, go through the steps here as well. :-)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:32:32 AM by Ariel »

Offline Vampdrake19

• Vampire Dragon, one of few, but at one with many.
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Location: In the darkest depths of mentality, where all the darkest of secrets lie in wait.
  • Never scared of new things, so lead me or join me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Disabling Shoutbox?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 10:54:01 AM »
What I did was copy the link that had the default setting of which disables the shoutbox and that's what it gives me each time I go online.  Once I login, the shoutbox is disabled either way.  Does that help out some, Blinkin?