Fairies in Middle Earth! (F for Legolas or Haldir, gender of writer irrelevant)

Started by LamentingQuill, September 19, 2014, 04:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Long after the events of the defeat of Sauron, in a time of golden peace for Middle Earth, something amazing is about to happen.
An ancient race forgotten by Middle Earth has chosen this time of peace to return to Middle Earth after their many, many centuries of absence. Where were they all this time? The answer is among the clouds...

Legends speak of a race baring wings of shimmering pale gossamer, hair of snow white with a silvery shine to the strands... and the most breathtaking description of all is the rumor of their bodies baring a soft silvery light blue glow like the moon and stars.

Fairest of all fair creatures, these ethereal beings said to have descended from the silver beams of the moon, are known as Moon Fairies or Children of the Moon.

As it happens, the moon fairies speak the same language of the Sindarin elves, making it possible that at one time very long ago, these fairies may have lived alongside the Sindarin elves.
The king of the Moon Fairies, Ithilrin, has sent his royal children with gifts down to Middle Earth to visit each existing kingdom to spread the word of their coming and extend to each race their good will and friendship.

Princess Celebrinel has just arrived in Mirkwood (I forget the new name) and she is about to find that her life is about to truly begin...

There are two options here: We can go with Legolas and ignore the fact that he and Gimli went off the homeland of the elves OR we can say that Haldir never died and Celebrinel instead arrives in Lorien. With the freedom afforded by roleplay and imagination, anything can happen, what do you think?

I'd like to get someone well versed in Tolkien as I am a bit rusty and the guidance in things Tolkien would be absolutely wonderful and so appreciated.

LamentingQuill

I forgot to add that I MIGHT be convinced to send Celebrinel to Rivendell and pair her with Lindir, perhaps even with one of Elrond's son. Maybe.