You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 06:21:10 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Minecraft Question!  (Read 272 times)

Offline persephone325Topic starter

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Minecraft Question!
« on: September 15, 2014, 04:26:05 AM »
So, I suck at building nice houses in Minecraft. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good website tutorials to help build nice houses? Specifically, I want to try and build a Japanese style house. ^^ (Surprise, surprise! lol)

I don't want a map pack to download or anything. I want to be able to to it myself.

Thanks!

Online BAMF

Re: Minecraft Question!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 06:00:42 AM »
I know I've seen some floor plans with layer by layer outlines on DeviantArt for castles at least. Not sure if you'll find anything Japanese, but it might be a good starting place?

Offline River

• ~ Diagnosed Snuggle Addiction ~ The Giver of Spanks ~ A Curator of Boobs ~ President of the Daft Punk Fan Club ~
  • Suspended
  • Seducer
  • Do you find me... Distracting?
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 06:12:01 AM »
Funny how I find this now...

I've been struggling to figure out how my mountainside home should look like.

What you can do is go on Youtube, and search for the particular building you like. :) I've seen tons of Asian Temples and such on Youtube and the Official Minecraft Forums.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 06:59:39 AM »
I don't know about 'Asian style', but for house-building tips in general (as in, getting the house to look good and be functional), there's a YTer named Tyken132 who has some great vids.

Offline Missy

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
My suggestion is to look around on Planet Minecraft to see if there's anything available there to help you. I did a bit of peeking to see if I wasn't sending you in the complete wrong direction and I was able to find this which might help you out if your goal is to improve your building skills over the long term.

I'm not sure if there's any sort of schematic or tutorial for a specific house . . . though you might check and see if there's anything posted you can download and add into your world with mcedit perhaps?

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »
Step 1: Build a "quickie house" to keep the creepers out.

Step 2: Do what they said. ;)

Offline Isonaroc

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
YouTube can also be an amazing source for minecraft ideas, and there are a lot of how to videos that can give inspiration that you can use to make all sorts of new and interesting things.