You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 10:33:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open  (Read 7427 times)

Offline Kokaine

• Pillow Tamer & Keeper of the Chains | One helluva drug...
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • ...and thus Beauty shall claim her wicked Beast...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
And a note...  If anyone would like to try and build connections or backstory with either of my characters listed in the Game Information thread, or any of the GM NPCs, feel free to hit me up!

Your Lora... is she in need of crew? >.>

Offline Red Lobster

So is anyone able roll up the Captain of a ship, then recruit interested players as crew members? That is definitely something that I would like to do!

If that's alright (I didn't see anything in the main post that said we could not choose to be a Captain) then I will roll up my character and ship this evening.

Offline Aiden

Since there are two ships, I suppose I would need a crew for my ship as well? Or would the other ship stay attached to the big ship for most of the time, unless they were in battle. Or does it just sail beside the big ship?

Unless they are split apart for reasons. Evading capture, distraction or one is beached/unable to go on. They sail as a pair for the most part.

So you would need crew aboard the ship, they just need to be loyal to both your first mate and my captain. The ships spent plenty of time together, so there is a lot separation between them.

But they share Quartermaster and Navigators (Timeless and DF).

Offline Timeless

• Der's Apprentice of Intimacy & LLS - Flower's Bottom Betch - Asian Inked Storyweaver - Art Enthusiast and Creator
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Be entangled in my weaves of whispers and promises
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
So is anyone able roll up the Captain of a ship, then recruit interested players as crew members? That is definitely something that I would like to do!

If that's alright (I didn't see anything in the main post that said we could not choose to be a Captain) then I will roll up my character and ship this evening.

Oooo, Red! Nice to see you here, Mister! :P Aiden is having some positions open for his character's crew if you are interested.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213195.msg10477855#msg10477855

Offline GnothiSeautonTopic starter

• The Baddest Bitch in All the Realm. Mother of The Bieber. Defender of the Brotherfucking Faith. Captain of the Raven. Queen of Gilea. Lover of all things Kenneth Parcell and Lucielle Bluth.
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land by day, Isle of the Damned by night, Church of the Sacred Union every Sunday
  • "Illiteracy?!? What does that word even mean?"
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6

I don't mind captains of ships.  I'd just like for there to be a reason for command demonstrated in the history section of the thread, or how they came to captain their ships.

The same could be said for commanders of various mercenary/sellsword groups.  I'd just like to see, in their sheets, how they came to position of power and command over their groups/ship/etc.

Your Lora... is she in need of crew? >.>

Mhmm.  I haven't had anyone express interest in either Lora's Raven (a crew of women mostly), or Warrek's Bloodlust.

Offline Red Lobster

Nice to see you too Timeless!

Alright Gnothi, I will go ahead down that route and make the Captain/Ship pair tonight. If it doesn't get approved, or nobody is up for joining his budding Navy, then I can just reroll as a non-leader type character.

Offline Amelita

Okay.

I can't not consider this. What a fantastic idea, and already an awesome cast of writers...

I'm going to read up, and see what I come up with <3

Offline Kokaine

• Pillow Tamer & Keeper of the Chains | One helluva drug...
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • ...and thus Beauty shall claim her wicked Beast...
  • View My Rolls
Mhmm.  I haven't had anyone express interest in either Lora's Raven (a crew of women mostly), or Warrek's Bloodlust.

Female crew you say... *pets the muse to keep her calm* ...if I can find a face I may submit a crew member then, if that's alright with you? Would be one that was there in the initial uprising. The muse wants to use Lena Headey but I'm not sure just yet...

Offline Timeless

• Der's Apprentice of Intimacy & LLS - Flower's Bottom Betch - Asian Inked Storyweaver - Art Enthusiast and Creator
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Be entangled in my weaves of whispers and promises
  • View My Rolls
Okay.

I can't not consider this. What a fantastic idea, and already an awesome cast of writers...

*tackle glomps* <33333!!

Offline Interdiction of words

No one wants a small human, good at combat and forging?

Offline Strangefate

* Rel Mayer jumps up and down.

Oh yay!!!!! :D :D :D

Sorry about the double post, but I missed this when forming my own post.

I have an idea for a second character, but I need some sort of person to tie her to. It's barely in the making but the way I have her planned out I would need someone to tie her to.

...I should shut up and just ask you about it when I actually formulate a proper idea.

Please do!  My ideas are very fluid and loose at the moment, particularly for the third sellswordy or businessman type character.   

For the pirate character Id rather like to play a first mate/second-in-command/assistant type, some vicious opportunistic weasel with an eye to getting his/her own ship someday, not barring mutiny.  Possibly from Malum.  If that sounds interesting to anyone let me know! 

For the slave character I still need to come up with something that would make him/her more interesting than simply being a poor victim.  Perhaps some unique skillset or family connections.  Possibly from Espata originally.   Id really rather start this character as recently captured instead of already on the island, so if anyone needs cargo, again let me know. 

Offline Lady Lunarius

• Howling's Panda, ~Nich's Wifey#6, ~Hekate's Lesbian Lover ~~ Liza's Bestie~Geeklets #1~~Blitzy's secret lover~~Flour Fairy~~Sephy's Luna-Bird~
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Lifes a bitch. So tie her up & fuck her senseless!
  • View My Rolls
Claimed Craig Parker earlier but I also want to claim Emily Didonato!

She's going to be one of the leaders of the local tribes. Her people have lived on the island for hundreds possibly thousands of years. They've managed to survive between a mix of abducting men from other tribes and imprisoning them so they can continue on, (I have several "laws" and the like in mind for them regarding many traditions) they also have some truces and agreements with other tribes as well. (All female tribe btw)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:13:00 PM by Lady Lunarius »

Offline Aiden

Once my sheet is up, if you like what you see, you can come aboard as crew.

Hmm maybe as my own ship then

Offline GnothiSeautonTopic starter

• The Baddest Bitch in All the Realm. Mother of The Bieber. Defender of the Brotherfucking Faith. Captain of the Raven. Queen of Gilea. Lover of all things Kenneth Parcell and Lucielle Bluth.
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land by day, Isle of the Damned by night, Church of the Sacred Union every Sunday
  • "Illiteracy?!? What does that word even mean?"
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Female crew you say... *pets the muse to keep her calm* ...if I can find a face I may submit a crew member then, if that's alright with you? Would be one that was there in the initial uprising. The muse wants to use Lena Headey but I'm not sure just yet...

Mhmmmm... When I came up with the idea of her, I thought of a all-female crew to sort or challenge the social and sort of patriarchal society.

I *might* have something in mind.  I wanted to give Howling a chance to look at your previous PM and discuss it before ruling on it, but I might have a use for a good blacksmith.

Okay.

Welcome aboard! :)

Claimed Craig Parker earlier but I also want to claim Emily Didonato!

She's going to be one of the leaders of the local tribes. Her people have lived on the island for hundreds possibly thousands of years. They've managed to survive between a mix of abducting men from other tribes and imprisoning them so they can continue on, (I have several "laws" and the like in mind for them regarding many traditions) they also have some truces and agreements with other tribes as well. (All female tribe btw)

*Has some ideas that I will run by you when I get more settled and on the computer*

I'll go ahead and change up the pending claim.

Offline Lady Lunarius

• Howling's Panda, ~Nich's Wifey#6, ~Hekate's Lesbian Lover ~~ Liza's Bestie~Geeklets #1~~Blitzy's secret lover~~Flour Fairy~~Sephy's Luna-Bird~
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Okay.

YAY!! Love you!!! *Pounces and snogs*

Offline ArtemisHighmore

• I've read every page but the last. Time to see how the story ends.
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • Sufferer of Wanderlust and Brontophilia
  • View My Rolls
Launched yesterday and already at five pages! O.O

OP! I want to be a pirate! Argh!

Offline Lady Lunarius

• On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls

Hello darling!!!! <3

Ready to fight soon enough

Offline Rel Mayer

You should come play!!

Offline Sindra

I keep coming back to this game so I should just place my interest lol.  I'm still reading over the information that you have so kindly put up so I don't have a character in mind as yet.

I feel so left out of the party

Offline Amelita

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Fantasy Novelist ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • View My Rolls
Hi,

I'd like to express interest in joining the game.

My thoughts are,

Character name: Scarlett 'Evie' Arisent

Face claim: Amy Acker

Concept: Swordsman/knife fighter, possibly lieutenant. Sadistic and cold.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:19:33 PM by AmberStarfire »

Offline ArtemisHighmore

• I've read every page but the last. Time to see how the story ends.
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • Sufferer of Wanderlust and Brontophilia
  • View My Rolls
Hello my friends. Will work on a character shortly. Need to do a little more reading first.