Wow, my concept COMPLETELY changed over the weekend and now I'm making a Warforged Warpriest (Yes, even with the Wisdom penalty! I am the wisest of steampunk living robots!)
Oooo... looks very interesting. Make sure you can get some stats going with that too.
My only regret is a considerable lack of sexytime, but . . but . . the fluff is too good to ignore! Also if both me and the halfling end up in, then I can just pick her up and let her cast spells from out of reach of pretty much every enemy's melee attacks.
Ah, that reminds me of something I missed!
Here's a bit of an in-depth explanation of how genetics work in my version of Eberron.
Basically, I see dwarves, elves, half-elves, humans, orcs, half-orcs, shifters, changlings, halflings, gnomes, and kalashtar as being members of one expanded species, in the sense that they are (almost) all able to bred and produce viable offspring with one another. Now, this doesn't change statistics at all, it just means that the child takes more after one parent than the other and that half-breeds might have slight oddities in appearance. It also means that the dragonmarked houses are hard as hell to marry into, since any mixed heritage increases the chances of Aberrant dragonmarks.
While this is canon for all of my games, it also neatly solves a question for E in particular. Is it odd to have sexual attraction to an elf if you are a dwarf? Nope, perfectly normal.
So how do pairings between parent work out? Here's a description. Every row excludes the races mentioned above it.
- Kalashtar must breed with a human or a changeling. If the gender of the child is the same as the Kalashtar parent, the child is Kalashtar. Otherwise, it is the non-parent's race. This is because the Quori spirits are tied to their carrier's gender.
- Changeling + other race = changeling
-Shifter + other race = shifter
- Orc + orc = orc
- Orc+ half-orc has 50% chance of offspring being of either race
- Orc + other race = half-orc
- Half-orc + other race = half-orc
- Elves can only breed with the races above and with humans or half-elves
- Elf + human = half-elf
- Elf + half-elf = half-elf
- Half-elf + half-elf = half-elf
- Half-elf + human has a 50% chance of the child being of either race.
-Warforged + anything = ?
- All other races have about a 50% chance of the child taking after either parent.
So there is a possibility of Warforged sexytimes. They are living things. Its just that the discovery of that would be a very profound, and literally game changing, discovery.
Edit: I know you can weapon focus unarmed strikes and rays, so could you weapon focus/etc Slam attacks?
Yes, that is absolutely valid.