You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 08:55:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Exquisite Agony (A Charles Dickens Story? Madness? Genius? Or just sad..Both?)  (Read 229 times)

Offline somethingwithinreasonTopic starter

So I very recently watched the latest version of Great Expectations (available on Netflix...) and I found myself entirely enthralled with Helena Bonham Carter's performance as Miss Havisham. (Stay with me here) What I have in mind is something a bit warped and twisted, that borders upon the romantic and sadistic - and I hope I can find someone to join me down this sordid, bizarre path.

I'd like to alter the timeline, so to speak - in fact, we might break it entirely - but this doesn't mean that someone might not go up in flames in the end....

So in the midst of Miss Havisham's desperation and building insanity, someone comes to her - a man...but a man who is not entirely human. He promises her revenge and all that she desires - even love(To quote Jareth from the Labyrinth "I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave")

Now we can play this multiple ways - that this "man" is truly there and is capable of what he says - or that he is simply a figment of Havisham's dwindling sanity, and that any onlookers only see her condition worsening...Or, perhaps a bit of both? I know this is a very skeletal concept, but I'm overflowing with ideas. Like I said, I'd like to play this dashing stranger - so if someone is willing to play Helena's version of Havisham, or someone in similar circumstances, I'd be very grateful.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:24:53 PM by somethingwithinreason »

Offline somethingwithinreasonTopic starter

Edited with a bit more detail to hopefully attract an interested party.