You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:43:20 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Clothing help!  (Read 309 times)

Offline persephone325Topic starter

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Clothing help!
« on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:42 PM »
I'm having A LOT of trouble trying to find kimonos for a game I'm working on. Polyvore doesn't have a great selection, and all the other sites I've visited don't have all the colors I need. Pinterest and Tumblr aren't helpful either. I really can't find any good sites. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Offline Ariel

Re: Clothing help!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 08:57:35 PM »
www.weheartit.com is a love of mine.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 11:21:42 PM »
Are you looking for pics of people wearing kimonos?  (If so, male, female, or both?)

Or are you looking for fabrics?

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 11:33:40 PM »
Are you looking for pics of people wearing kimonos?  (If so, male, female, or both?)

Or are you looking for fabrics?

I'd prefer if it was just the kimono itself, but for males as well as females. Not fabrics, but the actual kimono. I'm trying to find ones that are: grey, green, gold (or something that can pass for gold), and red.

Offline Kuruwa

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 12:40:43 AM »
Here are a ton of kimono images, over 2,000. Some male, some female, some animated, some real, modern and antique...

http://prcm.jp/list/%E7%9D%80%E7%89%A9

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 01:20:17 AM »
If you do an image search on Google, and hit 'Search Tools', you can search by color.

Offline Elina

• How am I supposed to breathe? I try to relax. I touch your still frame, so I can watch you closer and study the ways I believe I belong to you.
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • I'm drinking what used to be sin.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 09:24:32 AM »
I'd prefer if it was just the kimono itself, but for males as well as females. Not fabrics, but the actual kimono. I'm trying to find ones that are: grey, green, gold (or something that can pass for gold), and red.
I'm reading this as persephone looking for kimonos, not pictures of them.  Like, actual ones people can wear?

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »

I have found black/white gradient (not totally gray), lots of red, a very few of an olive green, and absolutely no yellow/gold spectrum in a google image search of "kimono."

Be aware, there are going to be several different styles of kimono from the era you look at and the class.  Geiko will differ from maiko, as will samurai from noble, as will common from noble.  The colors are most likely going to come from the entertaining class of women and the noble class of women from everything I've ever seen.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 06:18:20 PM »
My friend actually sent me some pictures of some good ones, so I'm almost set. We found a good website that has tons of kimonos. ^^

Thank you guys for all your suggestions, though! :-)