XCOM: Operation Valkyrie - [Sci-Fi, Lighthearted, Females and Futa] [Closed]

Started by ZephySempai, August 29, 2014, 01:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShanaTheIV

Meh, I don't care about technicality. They're all the same to me.  :P

I'll try to make a character after work.

ZephySempai

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on August 31, 2014, 12:04:53 PM
Starting to get hyped :3 Do you have an established day/number of characters before we move on?

So far we've got 3 complete applications ^_^

One more finished and I'll open up the OOC and IC threads. I'm thinking Bondage: Exotic Small Groups. Hope everyone's comfortable with that.

Zekromnomnom

Just to let you guys know, since I posted interest before, that I won't be able to take part. I have too much on my plate already.

ShanaTheIV

Name: Jin Moon

Sex: Futa

Nationality: Korean

Class: Support

Personality: Jin is a tomboy and is a follower, but also tends to have at least a slight libido which she is modest about. She can also be somewhat clumsy. When she is close to someone however, she can be quite passionate and soothe to someone she likes, assuming she doesn't embarrass herself in the process. In actual combat, she is mostly inexperience, but has at least some sense of responsibly and risk. She often admires those above her. She enjoys playing video games.

Bio: Jin was an avid-gamer. She'd spent a lot of her free time playing shooters, MMOS, RPGs and RTSs, and was quite skillful at them. She also played some sports as well. Before she was drifted to XCOM, she happened to have some gun-training during high school. 

Theme: None

She doesn't have a bio yet because I don't know much about the XCOM universe, but I've hoping it will be revealed over time during the rp.

ZephySempai

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on August 31, 2014, 06:50:10 PM
Name: Jin Moon

Sex: Futa

Nationality: Korean

Class: Support

Personality: Jin is a tomboy and is a follower, but also tends to have at least a slight libido which she is modest about. She can also be somewhat clumsy. When she is close to someone however, she can be quite passionate and soothe to someone she likes, assuming she doesn't embarrass herself in the process.         

Theme: None

She doesn't have a bio yet because I don't know much about the XCOM universe, but I've hoping it will be revealed over time during the rp.

The basic premise is that we are in present day and time (2014) and earth has recently become the target of an alien invasion. Beforehand, everyone has lived normal everyday lives. Now, post-invasion, the XCOM project has been created by the UN to combat this invasion. XCOM selects the best and brightest to participate in training and Anti-ET operations.

Basically your history would be whatever your character was doing before she was selected to participate in the XCOM project. She doesn't need to know why she was selected, as most of that information is kept confidential.

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on August 31, 2014, 06:36:32 PM
Just to let you guys know, since I posted interest before, that I won't be able to take part. I have too much on my plate already.

Sorry to see you go, Zekro,

I completely understand, though, so no worries. I greatly appreciate you giving us a heads-up. If things clear up in the near future, you're welcome to come poking through again :)

ThisOneGal

Name: Riley Saberhagen

Sex: Female

Nationality: American

Class: Rookie, Psionic

Personality: Aggressive, direct, 'punk'. Riley is keenly aware that she's out of her depth, being the only member of the squad (and possibly the whole organization) that is not career military.

Bio: Riley first came to XCOM's attention during a botched terror mission in the American Pacific Northwest. One of the earliest gifted humans discovered, she was found flinging poorly controlled arcs of psychic energy at half-heard alien targets. After the fighting had ended, she was recovered by XCOM. Having no home to go back to, she accepted the organizations offer to join them.

Theme: Genesis - Invisible Touch, Bullet For My Valentine - Riot

I couldn't decide on a class, so I came up with this. Long term fightin' goals are developing Mind Control and Psi Lance. RP goals... having her be a key member of the Psi-Ops division (or whatever it's called; I never got very far in any of the XCOM games) could be interesting. Having her be the initial member of a dedicated Psionic class could be interesting.

ZephySempai

Quote from: ThisOneGal on August 31, 2014, 07:23:47 PM
Name: Riley Saberhagen

Sex: Female

Nationality: American

Class: Rookie, Psionic

Personality: Aggressive, direct, 'punk'. Riley is keenly aware that she's out of her depth, being the only member of the squad (and possibly the whole organization) that is not career military.

Bio: Riley first came to XCOM's attention during a botched terror mission in the American Pacific Northwest. One of the earliest gifted humans discovered, she was found flinging poorly controlled arcs of psychic energy at half-heard alien targets. After the fighting had ended, she was recovered by XCOM. Having no home to go back to, she accepted the organizations offer to join them.

Theme: Genesis - Invisible Touch, Bullet For My Valentine - Riot

I couldn't decide on a class, so I came up with this. Long term fightin' goals are developing Mind Control and Psi Lance. RP goals... having her be a key member of the Psi-Ops division (or whatever it's called; I never got very far in any of the XCOM games) could be interesting. Having her be the initial member of a dedicated Psionic class could be interesting.

I like it. I like it a lot. No military background, but a natural Psionic.

Okay, I can work with this, but I'll have to ask a favor from you.

Since we'll be starting close to the beginning of the invasion, I'll have to ask you keep Riley's powers "Hidden" for the time being. Either we just have it said that she was instructed to not attempt to access her abilities until more research is done, or we could Roleplay it out when the IC thread starts up.

What do you think?

ThisOneGal

Quote from: ZephySempai on August 31, 2014, 07:36:37 PM
I like it. I like it a lot. No military background, but a natural Psionic.

Okay, I can work with this, but I'll have to ask a favor from you.

Since we'll be starting close to the beginning of the invasion, I'll have to ask you keep Riley's powers "Hidden" for the time being. Either we just have it said that she was instructed to not attempt to access her abilities until more research is done, or we could Roleplay it out when the IC thread starts up.

What do you think?

That works. We could have it be a moot point anyway; her only experience using psionics in anger was when they discovered her. She may not have the control/focus/not-having-the-shit-scared-out-of-her to use them in combat yet.

ShanaTheIV

I wasn't planning on making her back story super deep anyway so it was hard coming up with anything interesting other than her hobbies.  :-[

Edit: She has one now. Hope it's at least nearly acceptable. I kinda suck at back stories.

ZephySempai

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on August 31, 2014, 07:42:47 PM
I wasn't planning on making her back story super deep anyway so it was hard coming up with anything interesting other than her hobbies.  :-[

Edit: She has one now. Hope it's at least nearly acceptable. I kinda suck at back stories.

It's great just the way it is. She is very much accepted :)

Quote from: ThisOneGal on August 31, 2014, 07:40:00 PM
That works. We could have it be a moot point anyway; her only experience using psionics in anger was when they discovered her. She may not have the control/focus/not-having-the-shit-scared-out-of-her to use them in combat yet.

I'm glad that worked out :)

Its going to be "Interesting" training her. As a Classless new recruit she'll be outfitted with an assault rifle, a pistol and a hand grenade. After the first mission, if you decide on a class, you can upgrade her.

So that looks like 5 characters ready to bust some Alien heads wide open! I'll have an official OOC up by tonight hopefully, and will start the actual game tomorrow. I'll post here as things are added and will create links on the first page of this thread.

Super excited to start a game with you all. Let's have a lot of fun together :)

johnnyboyboy

Will it also be like Enemy within where mech troopers/Meld upgrades are there ?
Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

Nowherewoman

Name:Jena Hargreave

Sex:F

Nationality:US

Class: Assault

Personality: Fight hard, party harder so you know you survived. Psycho bitch in combat, almost the number one cause of broken furniture in the Enlisted Women's club.

Bio: Insubordinate and mouthy on-base, deadly and almost uncontrollable in the field, Jena has no military background whatsoever- she volunteered after the Grey invasion of her home town, Denton TX. She doesn't talk much about what happened back then, but it left her scarred, mentally and physically.

Maybe not surprisingly, she's taken to the War on Illegal Alien Terror like a Gulf seabird to oil- she gets it all over her. The sort of person who writes personal messages on every shell she loads into her Ithaca Roadblocker shottie, 'Jay' is a world-class pain in the ass- but precisely the person you want next to you when a Cyberdisk goes hull-up right in your face.

On her down time, she's a wild dancer, will bed nearly anything in range, and is still searching for the 'perfect' drink- the one that leaves you totally numb after one sip, but still able to stand.

Theme:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liW-kWFiXtQ
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

ZephySempai

Quote from: johnnyboyboy on September 01, 2014, 11:12:53 AM
Will it also be like Enemy within where mech troopers/Meld upgrades are there ?

I haven't decided exactly how deep I'll be diving into Enemy Within. If things go well enough with the basic gameplay, then I may add all elements from the expansion.

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 01, 2014, 11:54:01 AM
Name:Jena Hargreave

Sex:F

Nationality:US

Class: Assault

Personality: Fight hard, party harder so you know you survived. Psycho bitch in comabt, almost the number one cause of broken furniture in the Enlisted Women's club.

Bio: Insubordinate and mouthy on-base, deadly and almost uncontrollable in the field, Jena has no military background whatsoever- she volunteered after the Grey invasion of her home town, Denton TX. She doesn't talk much about what happened back then, but it left her scarred, mentally and physically.

Maybe not surprisingly, she's taken to the War on Illegal Alien Terror like a Gulf seabird to oil- she gets it all over her. The sort of person who writes personal messages on every shell she loads into her Ithaca Roadblocker shottie, 'Jay' is a world-class pain in the ass- but precisely the person you want next to you when a Cyberdisk goes hull-up right in your face.

On her down time, she's a wild dancer, will bed nearly anything in range, and is still searching for the 'perfect' drink- the one that leaves you totally numb after one sip, but still able to stand.

Theme:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liW-kWFiXtQ

Very well done. She's got a lot of years on the other members, lol. I'm interested to see how this loose-cannon fires.

Quote from: LSWSjr on August 30, 2014, 01:37:39 AM
Name: Hailey Birrell

Sex: Female Hermaphrodite

Nationality: Australian

Class: Sniper

Personality: Cautious and contemplative in battle, fun loving and energetic on leave

Bio: WIP

Theme: Where the wild roses grow by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, featuring Kyle Minogue

I'll keep the 7th spot open for your character, LSW, so once you finish her up, you'll be good to go! I was originally gonna close at 6, but we'll rock with seven since you all seem very excited for the game. The more the Merrier, right?

Also, before I forget!

The OOC is now up!

Feel free to start chit-chattering there. I'll get the IC thread up today. It'll be a general intro, and will allow you guys some time to fool around until your first mission as an Elite squad.

Suit up, Ladies! Things are about to get freaky.