You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:43:01 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Desert Campaign [Dieselpunk OU, NC, All Welcome] UpdatedD OP  (Read 1609 times)

Offline JezabelleTopic starter

Russia had a clear numerical advantage, and I'm not saying they didn't deploy impressive tools of war.  But the standard battle tank or fighter or bomber, until late in the war where Soviet tech caught up, wasn't as good as the Reich's.

They will be relatively balanced in terms of war fighting capabilities.  As stated prior, this isn't really a war gaming RP, so most of this will be fluff.

Offline Interdiction of words

Germany had the technological advantage but Russia had way more man power so they would beat them in man power. In the end it all depends on how you use your resources.
Of course, I know Germany had technology superiority but the Russians were better at digging in and fighting brutally

Re: The Desert Campaign [Dieselpunk OU, NC, All Welcome] UpdatedD OP
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2014, 11:16:09 PM »
OP has received substantial updates, please PM all apps to me using the character sheet format now in the OP!

Of course, I know Germany had technology superiority but the Russians were better at digging in and fighting brutally

Indeed--we can draw as much or as little inspiration as we want from history really, though; the factions will draw heavily from the ideologies and somewhat from the cultural aesthetics of the nations being spoofed.  Stalingrad obviously proved your point, however, and basically any of their defensive campaigns throughout history.

Poor bastard Napoleon, believing they wouldn't burn their own capital  XD

Offline Interdiction of words

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2014, 11:51:13 PM »
Hey well you grow up in hell on earth, you make the enemy pay a toll to enter.

Offline eBadger

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2014, 04:02:43 AM »
Ima back out for now; looks interesting but I can't get a concept to come together well enough.  Hopefully I'll be back later once the inspiration kicks in!

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »
Ima back out for now; looks interesting but I can't get a concept to come together well enough.  Hopefully I'll be back later once the inspiration kicks in!

Aye, well t'ain't going anywhere, fast as is; shoot me a PM if you ever feel like talking some `punk, I'd be happy to listen to or bandy about ideas if ever the mood should take you.

Goes for everyone of course, particularly for this RP.