Dropping this here for now but I still need to get to the history portion. Which, btw, if anyone wants to connect their character feel free to let me know and we can work it into her history >.>
: Nathalia Rocha (Thalia to most, Rocky to a few)Age
: 1342 (appears to be in her late 20's/early 30's)Species
: Griffin (Shifter)Alignment
: Owns a Private Security Company, contracted as Head of Security for Monarch Securities / MercenaryRole Within the Fae Community
: Head of Security for the Elder, Company provides services for Fae clientsEducation
: Life. A few degrees earned over the years. Hobbies
: Collecting Weapons from various eras, Reading, watching Musicals, Programming & HackingHow Do They View Humans?
: Humans are largely inferior beings who need more than a little guidance if they are ever to be anything more than the mess they are. Still, they are useful in some ways and hold the potential for more if they'd only open their eyes and minds.
: Dark BrownEyes
: Dark BrownHeight
: 5'7"Physical Description
: Nathalia is a striking woman of average height. Her build is deceptive in that it gives little to no hint to the true strength she wields, but is pleasantly curved and kept trim by both a high metabolism and her lifestyle. Her usual attire leans toward dark colors and practical styles suited to the world of security but she has been known to make the effort to highlight her femininity when it suits the occasion or when requested by certain individuals. She is fond of jewelry and usually is wearing at least one piece of high quality bling as it helps placate the part of her drawn to treasure.Distinguishing Features
: She has a number of tattoos, mostly script and tribal, in various places that she adds to periodically.Character Model
: Cleo Pires
~Indepth~What Do They Feed Off Of?
: Flesh, particularly eyes and entrails, though she needn't feed often that way since she is also capable of feeding off of fear. Humans are her primary source but fae will also work. Animals can work in a pinch but won't last long. As a griffin she likes her prey alive and often hunts "bad" humans such as rapists, child molesters, abusers, and murderers and she has a habit of playing with her food.Power(s)
- She turns into a Griffin. A creature possessing the furred body of a lion with the feathered head and wings (fully functional) of an eagle. Her front legs appear to be a hybridization of a lions forepaws and an eagle's feet being large and furred but with deadly talons and toes capable of grabbing things. She is capable of both sets of vocalization as well as partial shifts that allow her the use of specific traits or features more completely while still in human form.Superhuman Senses (particularly sight, hearing, touch)
- Her senses are exceptional, top notch among the fae really. Some would say her greatest asset is her eyesight as she can track small movements from a great range and pick up on minute details with exceptional accuracy, even in the dark. Her hearing is highly sensitive as well, as is her sense of touch. Her senses of smell and taste are only slightly above that of a human.Superhuman Reflexes, Speed, and Stamina
- Nathalia is capable of reacting at speeds that might seem nearly instantaneous to a human and is graceful and agile in ways that mimic a bird in flight. Her ground speed is certainly above that of a human and is generally on par with most common predatory shifters however, her top flight speed easily out classes that. Her stamina directly correlates to how well fed she is but it too certainly exceeds that of a human.Enhanced Strength
- She is stronger than even the most gifted human and even some species of fae, though she is not by any means the strongest. Superhuman Durability and Healing Factor
- It takes quite a lot of damage to put her down and keep her down. Combine that with a healing rate that while not instantaneous is noticeably faster than a humans and she is a dangerous foe. Of course, healing lots of damage usually requires her to feed...Longevity
- She is not immortal but she does appear to have stopped visibly aging and will live a very long time provided she doesn't get herself killed.Strengths
:Hand to hand combat skills
- Nathalia has trained in hand to hand techniques since she was a young girl. Her current style is a mix of several disciplines learned through the ages including the techniques of her own tribe as well as Capoeira (which is a favored style), Kickboxing, and Brazilian Jujitsu.Lie Detection
- Through observation of a person's vitals, their face, body language, as well as the ability to pick up on small traces of forensic evidence she can generally detect deceit with alarming accuracy. This skill also allows her to anticipate trouble with those individuals who may be gearing up to attempt something foolish.Weapons proficiency
- Not by any means a wiz with just any
weapon but she is capable of efficiently using small blades and projectiles, bow and arrows, hand guns, and some military grade firearms. Her weapon of choice tends to be her own claws but she also favors a bow when it is practical. Due to her eye sight her marksmanship is top notch but she hates firearms.Programming & Hacking
- A personal hobby that has turned out to be rather useful on occasion. She's not the worlds greatest but for researching and even tracing some attacks, she's gotten quite proficient.Weaknesses
- Perhaps because she is so thoroughly a creature of land and air, the sea has been closed to her? She can handle a pool or wading near to the shore line, but going any further would be a disaster.Self-Conscious of Griffin Form
- Her childhood left her more than a bit self-conscious to the point that she hesitates to fully shift even when it is clearly the best option.Possessive Tendencies
- Griffins are known for protecting treasures and those things regarded as precious. This trait is present in Nathalia and with it comes a slight possessive streak that can rear its head from time to time with those people and things she views as hers
.A pair of strong, rough hands (male) / Alluring curves (women)
- Nathalia has always had a healthy appreciation for sex (even while mated, they weren't a sexually monogamous pair) and can't seem to resist certain traits. Solitude
- She has adjusted to modern living just fine but occasionally she needs to escape the press of humanity (and fae) as well as all the concrete and steel to just be alone and decompress.Children
- Odd as it may seem to some, Nathalia actually loves children and they love her. She is a whole different person with them and will go to great lengths to protect a child in harm's way. She once imagined herself bearing her mate's child. He died before that could happen but some small part of her always pauses at the sight of a child. Superhuman senses
- While she has enough control and precision to utilize her senses to the fullest, it is still possible--difficult but possible--to overwhelm them with an abundance of stimuli that can confuse, desensitize, or just outright cause a headache.Personality
: Bold and Direct
- Nathalia respects power but she will not be cowed by it. While she chooses her words carefully, she will say and do whatever she feels she must to make her point. Of course, she's also prone to skipping all the pointless chatter and simply acting.Particular
- To the point of near OCD. Nathalia likes everything around her to be just so. She is a neat freak when it comes to her own spaces and has been known to clean/straighten/rearrange anywhere she is for more than a short time. Honorable
- When Nathalia gives her word--and she is careful not to give it casually--she sticks by it, no matter how uncomfortable. To be forsworn or named oath breaker is worse than death. Thorough
- In everything she does, the woman makes sure she doesn't cut corners. She takes the time to do her homework, is observant, and keeps notes on everything (coded). Some risk can't be avoided but she likes to be prepared and one never knows when something will come in handy.Practical
- Some might call her ruthless or even blood thirsty but they'd be wrong. The griffin is just extremely practical when it comes to serious matters, often opting for the surest route to success even if it means going straight through someone. She is capable of mercy and of giving chances where warranted but sometimes the only way to be sure an obstacle is no longer an issue is to wipe it out entirely. She takes her job very seriously.Patient
- She can wait a very long time to achieve what she wants.Closed Off
- Since the death of her mate, Thalia has kept part of herself closed off from everyone in the hopes of avoiding ever feeling pain like that again. The once openly playful and affectionate woman now believes herself incapable of love or deeper connections and while she will 'make friends' or play nice, she avoids any true intimacy that might open her up again. Haughty
- Thalia is a proud and regal creature and as such she is often found watching others with an expression that suggests they are somehow beneath her. She hates to admit when she is wrong and apologies often need to be pried from her lips if they come at all. Passionate
- Being closed off does not mean that Nathalia is truly dead inside, no matter how she might at times wish she was. She is still an intense and passionate woman, something that tends to bleed through, especially when she is relaxed or actively enjoying something.History
: Nathalia was born in what is now known as Brazil in a time before written record (672 AD). Her mother, a beautiful and beloved Fae woman, a rare thunderbird, was claimed as a spoil of war between the tribes and taken as a wife by a foul and most wicked male griffin. He coveted the woman both because she was beautiful and because her people would willing follow, but also because she possessed the one thing that nature had cruelly withheld from him: wings. For a time it seemed as if her mother managed to rub off on her father, easing him, gentling him toward the people and keeping them in a time of peace for a short while until she finally bore him a child. A daughter. A disappointment.
Bound by traditions and customs that even he could not ignore, he could not get rid of the burden he felt his daughter to be. Instead he pushed her, forced her into the role he would have asked of a son, showing no mercy. At first it seemed she would break, especially after an incident that nearly saw her drowned in the great Amazon, but she did not. Nathalia was resilient and determined to make her father proud but following her rites of passage into womanhood (her gathering) she learned that it would never be. He would always be envious of her wings and hate her for possessing what he did not but there was nothing to be done for it. Not even her mother could temper him and in his hatred he made sure that Nathalia paid the price for nature's gift.
Eventually, Nathalia would flee her father's reach, heading north and dodging rival tribes who would have used her for a bargaining chip had they caught her. She lived a solitary existence, picking off those who dared to forcefully pursue the unknown creature that stalked the rain forest, encouraging the fearful stories that began to circulate. Soon there grew to be those that worshiped her as an incarnation of a non-existent goddess. She tried to reject them and yet, their sacrifices proved difficult to ignore, as did their pathetic cries for help. Nathalia had no illusions of setting herself up as anything all powerful but the more the people's confidence in her grew, the more she felt obligated to protect and shelter them. Particularly those who sought her as an answer to the darkness that her father had become. She could not abide by the gluttonous waste and terror that accompanied her father's rule.
It would take centuries for Nathalia to amass power enough to try and rival her wingless foe. In that time great tribes emerged and flourished, only to perish under the shadow of the evil that hovered above them, feeding off them and taking anything of value for himself. Her people, the ones that worshiped her and those Fae that drifted to her side, grew until an allied network of tribes rose up to combat the tide of rising dark. It was during this time that the griffin was to face her own challenge, one that could not be handled by simply walking away or turning to others. No, it was her very nature that she was forced to fight as her Dawning approached and attempted to drag her down to something lesser. Without assistance, her Dawning was as great a trial as anything she would ever face and expecting the worst, the woman retreated to a secluded cave and took refuge there away from those who might accidentally suffer at her hands.
To this very day, Nathalia cannot recall exactly what happened during her Dawning, only that the blood, sweat, and tears she shed during her trials were all worth it in the end as she emerged empowered and renewed. Following the feast to celebrate her re-emergence she did not hesitate to rally a small group of Fae supporters to help her invade her father's tribe and steal away the one thing she treasured most: Her mother. A true queen to rule the opposing forces, with Nathalia at her side as her protector and champion.
War was inevitable after that. However, it was not the all out bloody clash and waste of humans. It was subtle, almost an art. Each side scheming, plotting, working to undermine the other in the most resolute ways and seeking to reign over the various tribes that surrounded them. It wasn't until the Strangers (the Portuguese) arrived that each side, both light and dark as they now were, agreed to a truce of sorts that would begin an uneasy peace. But not before the tide of blood spilled over.
The history books will tell you that a large number of natives died following the arrival of the Portuguese to their shores in 1500 due to the diseases brought with them. What they will not tell you is that the war between opposing factions of the Fae claimed just as many, if not more, including both Nathalia's mother and father. Soon both tribes found themselves pressed into war with neighboring tribes and floundering in the absence of true leaders since her father had fled after killing her mother during a secret meet that he had orchestrated. She never did understand what drove him to leave since the victory should have been an accomplishment for him but nevertheless, Nathalia vowed to get her revenge. Her mother had wanted to call a truce on all sides, to stem the flow of life, but her father would hear none of it. He rejected her offers of peace every time and drove more and more to their deaths in a pointless war before he disappeared and another rose to claim his place.
The serpent that took over the darkling tribe as The Curare was no better than his predecessor. He agreed to the truce but war continued and the temporarily united tribes were pushed to repel the strangers from their land. A task that was found to be much more difficult as more strangers arrived and among them were Fae that had come to explore new lands. Upon finding other Fae already inhabited the land they fought back in an attempt to 'civilize them' as they claimed in their strange tongue. It was among these explorers that Nathalia would first meet the man that would later become her mate, as well as his honor-less brother, in an almost literal clash of weapons that somehow seemed more like foreplay than an actual fight. Neither would truly win the fight though she did give him a rather distinct set of scars that he later claimed had gotten him more action than he could handle as he'd gone from merely beautiful to rugged and dangerous. She'd have liked to say he was exaggerating but having seen the bacchus in action she'd known he was telling the truth.
Eventually the overt clashes with humans died down and with both sides finding their footing among the colonization of the land and seeking to gain their own footholds in this new way, Nathalia found her attention wandering to the whereabouts of her father. He had not been seen since that fateful night but Nathalia had made a vow and she'd intended to keep it. With nothing more to tie her to the place, Nathalia left her home in the early 1600's in search of her mother's killer and would not return Brazil again for quite some time.
Her travels would take her north. As a woman traveling alone she quickly learned that it was easiest to stick to the open wilderness, though she did occasionally offer her services as a mercenary and bounty hunter of sorts in exchange for information about her father. In colonial America in the 1700's she would again encounter the bacchus known as Augustus and the two would enjoy a brief but intense affair before she moved on. Their paths would cross several more times in the next decade or two, each time seeing them become more entangled and each time Nathalia finding it harder to leave him. Finally the pair met again in the late 1830's in the West where she had taken up a position working for one of the new Fae leaders in the new frontier. Mercenary work was rather plentiful in an environment where a stroke of luck could make or break a man and she had plenty to occupy her and keep her in place. Augustus seized his chance then and coaxed the griffin into becoming his wife despite the appetites he harbored.
Nathalia found happiness there in California and the arms of her mate but she never relinquished her quest to track down her father. Perhaps she'd have been smart to but she'd made a vow and breaking it would simply not do. Old fashioned thought gave way to more modern attitudes and Nathalia began to establish herself a little more visibly, making use of the contacts she had made throughout her years traveling to close in on her father's whereabouts. It wasn't until the later years of the gold rush that she managed to get close to the man, closing in so tightly that he manipulated Augustus' own brother into killing him--to get his hands on the fortune her mate had begun amassing due to sound investments--to throw her off. And it worked, the loss of her mate throwing her into a grief stricken rampage that caused perhaps more trouble than it was worth.
Then again, she does possess the skull of Augustus' killer, his brother Julius, to this very day. She still doesn't yet have her father's but she has not forgotten her vow--even if it must take a back seat these days--and she has most certainly learned from her past mistakes. Something that is reflected in her work. Needing a change of scenery, Nathalia moved to the East coast permanently in the 1860's. She has not been back to California since leaving and has only been back to Brazil very recently. She wasn't very impressed with the Fae there but perhaps that is because she is still not very fond of serpents. Not that she mentions that to the dragon she now helps to guard.Connections
: OPENAugustus Aurelius
- Bacchus, Light - Deceased Mate. Killed by his brother.Julius Aurelius
- Bacchus, Dark - Deceased brother of her mate. Hunted and killed by her. Only his skull remains.Oliviana
- Thunderbird, Light - Deceased Mother. Believed to have been killed by her father.Rodrigo Santiago
- Griffin (wingless), Dark - Father. Alive and avoiding his daughter.The Curare
- Serpent, Dark - Leader of Dark Fae in Brazil. Edward Vadderung
- Ice Dragon, Light Elder - Leader, Employer, Responsibility. Slight pain in the ass.Kuriyama Miho
- Bakeneko, Light - ...Likes
: Cooking (and eating), dancing, warm nights, sun bathing nude, rainstorms, the view from up high, music of various types, bright colors, painting, fruit--the juicier the better.Dislikes
: Being seen in full Griffin form (self-conscious), lemons, coconut, being touched without invitation (she's very sensitive to touch), too much clothing, the cold, the uninvited in her home, Serpents, being cooped up in man-made flying contraptions despite being a licensed pilot (for emergencies only!).Fears&Phobias
: She has a deep seated fear of deep and/or rapid moving water due to an accident when she was a child. O/Os
: Raised to believe that Griffin's mate for life (may or may not be true), Nathalia believes her heart died with her mate. Sex is still fun and enjoyable but that's all it is, a good time.
Sharing food--like having someone cook for her or even feeding someone or being fed from someone's fork--is a serious turn on for her, as is dancing, sparring/working out, and blindfolds. Fast or slow, rough or gentle, she's very sensual. She'll fight you for control but loves to be pinned. Anything that is not a player off (found here
) is open for discussion.