Six Degrees of Separation (M for F)

Started by dangerduck, August 17, 2014, 05:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerduck

Hello and thanks for stopping by.

I'm looking to do a long term roleplay, well more of a group of roleplays.  I want to create a world of characters that have intersecting lives.  What happens with one character could affect a character they haven't even met or the entire world.  I want it to be dynamic and ever changing.  It would be fun to examine different characters in this world and how they interact with it.

Now there are a few ideas on how to go about this or scenarios that could be the basis for the world.  A few I've got are more supernatural in nature and a few are more grounded in reality, and that is totally up for discussion.  I've listed a few of the ideas below for it.

A normal everyday highschool. It could include the drama of being a teenager, close calls, divorces, getting into and out of trouble.  A small town setting could have everyone knowing everyone else and whispering rumors behind each others backs.  An urban setting might have a diverse population where everyone finds themselves in their own little clicks, but sometimes big news might rock an entire school.

Something akin to the Xavier Institute or even the Xavier Institute itself, though I prefer making original characters for roleplays.  A small school filled with teenagers with superpowers that they might not know how to control very well.  There could be attacks on the school by supervillains, there could be switching of sides, or a fearful outside world.

Vampires versus Werewolves.  A small city has two warring factions inside of it which the mortals know nothing about.  The fighting might spill out onto the streets, there might be clean up crews and deaths.  Who is truly good and who is truly evil might not be fully known.  Have enough news stories hinted at the truth that hunters are coming to town?

An Adventurer's Tavern where heroes come and go, but may not come back from attempting to slay the dragon.  We could follow them along on their adventures or examine how they interact with each other when they are on their day off.  They could have fun in the bar with drinking and the occasional fight, but at some point the coin is going to run out or the song of adventure is going to build up in their chest and they will be out that door again.

Other settings might include:
Hogwarts
A University
An Office Building
Anything that you might think of.

Thanks for reading.  Feel free to check out my On & Offs.