Urdnot WrexCurrent Occupation:
Butcher at local supermarketHome World Information:
Krogan are a hardy and violent race, and their barren homeworld of Tuchanka reflects this perfectly. Decades of nuclear winter, war, contamination, pollution and aerial bombardments during the Krogan Rebellion have rendered the planet an inhospitable wasteland, with choking air and deadly predators. It is not without reason that clan wars and predatorial attacks were considered the main reasons of fatalities on Tuchanka, though the former all but dwindled away when Urdnot Wrex gathered the clans under his name in order to lead them against the Locust in aid of the Coalition of Ordered Governments.
Still, predators and the planet's unforgiving hardships means that only the strongest Krogan live to adulthood, and fewer still survive the rigorous training before they are shipped out to aid other civilizations in their struggles against whoever the Krogan Clan Council deems to be a threat. Out of all the impressive warriors Tuchanka has raised in its long and painful history, few can match the strength and ferocity of Urdnot Wrex.
Unfortunately, all the strength of the Krogan was not enough to maintain the control of the barren rock that was their home planet. When the Legion arrived on Tuchanka, they brought a force that rendered the martial skill and tenacity of the Krogan almost moot; the Necrons. The deathless, robotic warriors advanced inexorably across the blasted surface of the planet, killing everything that stood in their path and defying every effort to destroy them, and Wrex was forced to withdraw his warriors from their home, leaving Tuchanka in the hands of the Legion.Appearance/Style Description:
Like most Krogan, Urdnot Wrex is a lumbering tower of tightly packed muscle and bony chitin, and for the woman who likes a strong male, one can hardly go wrong with a Krogan. Standing over seven feet tall, and weighing in excess of 250 kilos, Wrex is a prime example of a virile and strong male Krogan. He is most often clad in crimson armour protecting everything except his face when on the battlefield, though in more casual situations he will wear something suspiciously similar to human jeans and t-shirts, though obviously tailored to fit a Krogan physique. Personality:
In many ways, Wrex exemplifies the typical personality of the Krogan. He is straight-forward and never concerned with how the things he says will be taken by others. Some will see him as crude and blunt in his way of speech, while others may find a refreshing honesty in the large Krogan.
Although some may consider Wrex to be ruthless and uncompromising in his ways, one should take into consideration that while Krogan have a sense of honour, they also believe in the end justifying the means, especially when it comes to limiting the loss of fighting capability and maintaining strength. As such, deplorable actions such as hostage-taking, killing of innocents, and sacrificing civilians for the benefit of saving soldiers are all considered to be perfectly natural to Wrex, and any treachery or betrayal is not surprising, but expected. The notion of looking after yourself first and foremost is deeply imprinted in the Krogan psyche.
That is not to say that Wrex is uncaring, and once someone has gained his respect (sometimes through a show of martial prowess or heavy drinking, though also often through ritual sparring or actual combat), Wrex can be the most faithful companion one could imagine. Any slight or disrespect towards the person in question will be avenged with haste and prejudice, and often at end of Wrex' strong headplate by means of a headbutt. A headbutt doesn't sound too dangerous to some, but when coming from a chitinous plate with the density of two inches of steel, and backed by 250 kilos of tightly packed muscle, excrements will hit the rotating cooling device.History:
Urdnot Wrex rose to power during the Reaper War, where he united the Krogan clans and helped end the threat of the Reapers. In the wake of the war, Wrex maintained an iron hold on his leadership of the often fractious Krogan clans, using his unusual intellect (for a Krogan, at least), experience and raw strength to forge deals and crush opponents. Under his rule, the Krogan race prospered, and soon the Krogan were employed on a number of battlefields around the galaxy, giving aid to those who fought against the Legion.
One of the planets where Wrex saw action was Sera, where the Krogans helped the Coalition of Ordered Governments stave off a bloody assault from the combined forces of the Locust and the Sith, driven against the lines of Gears and Krogans by the Legion. Although the battle was eventually lost, as the Krogans could not hope to prevail against an enemy who could use the Force, Wrex also learned many valuable lessons from his time on Sera, and the experiences of fighting alongside the COG. Chief among those was the practice of attaching a chainsaw bayonet to his weapon, a practice Wrex was quick to adopt and make use of.
Wrex was among the last to arrive at the safe haven on Earth, as the Krogan fought a bloody rear-guard action against the Legion to hold them off, allowing others to retreat to safety, and ensuring that the Legion would not find the safe zone.Current Situation:
Is actually enjoying the time away from 'politics' (for lack of a better Krogan word) and the effort of ruling the Krogan clans. He works as a in-store butcher at a local supermarket, and on his spare time he hangs out with some of the other characters. He particularly likes drinking, especially if there's a challenge involved.Weapon:
Despite having seen many strange and powerful weapons during his life, Wrex still maintains that a Krogan Claymore Shotgun is all he needs to ensure his enemies are dead. The gun is powerful enough to dislocate a human's arm if one attempts to fire it, and the force is approximately equal to being hit by a semi at full speed. However, Wrex has also learned to appreciate the COG's penchant for chainsaw bayonets, and has fixed his Claymore with a chainsaw attachment, for those moments when an enemy is too close to reload effectively. Special Powers: Biotic
- To compliment the already-fearsome strength, tenacity and firepower Wrex possesses, he also has limited Biotic capabilities, enough to hurl himself forward short distances with blinding speed and lifting a single opponent into the air.Blood Rage
- As if the Krogan are not tenacious enough already, a Krogan who finds himself struggling in a battle can trigger the Blood Rage, a hormonal response system integrated into the Krogan's 'fight or flight'-instinct. The Rage shuts down all pain receptors in the body and floods the Krogan's mind with a cocktail of adrenaline and testosterone, meaning the Krogan becomes an impervious, raging berserker, heedless of danger and frighteningly strong, but also losing out on all notion of strategic thinking and logic.Strengths: Redundant physiology
- Due to natural selection in their incredibly hostile environment, Krogan have developed to have secondary (or even tertiary) organs to protect themselves. Two hearts, four lungs, a backup nervous system, and two pairs of testicles (called a 'quad' in Krogan terms) means that a Krogan is very hard to put down, and an extremely effective regeneration means that even if someone would be able to take Wrex down, he is not going to be staying down for long. Brute strength
- Wrex is not only a large and quite heavy male, but also has the frightening Krogan strength to match. Wrex is easily capable of lifting just about any individual he meets over his head, and if one needs some heads bashed in, Wrex is your guy.Extra liver
- Part of Wrex' redundant organs, he has an extra liver which, combined with his massive bulk, means that none but the most hardboiled of alcoholics could ever hope of drinking Wrex under the table. This is something he makes good use of in social situations, and Wrex loves nothing more than a good drinking challenge, especially when someone can actually match him.Weaknesses: Poor aim
- Krogan have eyes that are placed wide apart, due to being prey animals on their homeplanet of Tuchanka, and while this gives them an excellent field of view, it also makes for pretty shoddy aim at anything more than point-blank range. Add to that a penchant for shotguns and other close-combat weapons, and it becomes obvious that Wrex, just like many of his kind, is very poorly suited for fights that happen at a range longer than fifteen metres.Stubborn
- To call Wrex stubborn as a mule would be both an insult to the mule in question, as well as a gross understatement. Whether it is from a battle or from an argument with someone, Wrex will not back down an inch, which can serve to both put him and others in dangerous situations, as well as raising tension levels if he disagrees with someone. It will take someone he truly respects to even make him think of conceding an inch.Violent streak
- Krogans are known for having a perilously short fuse, and while this can certainly be a blessing in violent situations, Krogans can also bring the pain in situations where none is needed. If Wrex is irritated, especially if arguing with someone or if he's had a few tubs of Ryncol, the chance is great that he is going to headbutt someone. Anyone who has ever faced a Krogan will tell you that a Krogan headbutt is not something you'll want to be on the receiving end of.