You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 08:46:43 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Foundation of the Supernatural (Monster Boarding School) [Humans/Staff Wanted]  (Read 912 times)

Offline Juggtacular

I mentioned a High Council that governs all dragons. Kinda like a central government that makes basic rules and laws that they all live by, and that dragons come to for disputes spanning more than one clan or area. Or really heinous crimes against dragonkin. Is that okay?

Offline TwilightGeminiTopic starter

I mentioned a High Council that governs all dragons. Kinda like a central government that makes basic rules and laws that they all live by, and that dragons come to for disputes spanning more than one clan or area. Or really heinous crimes against dragonkin. Is that okay?

A council with that level of power would probably not work very well, only because there are two more dragon characters (or three if gargoyles count) in the RP. ^^;;

Offline Juggtacular

I'll take it out then.

Online SweetSerenade

Dragons are generally a hierchy based culture. There is clans that have leaders, and very rarely do those clans have a leader that unites all of those clans. They generally stick within their own dragon breed, and inbreeding is not usually too common - but generally it is with humans. Remember, Dragons may be magical creatures, but they are also creatures that are habit forming. Most dragons were fiercely possessive of what they called their own, so clan meetings would not be called often given the nature of dragons. Usually family units were more prevelant.

Just my two cents and thoughts.

I have a suggestion, instead of putting the profiles in the OOC, how about you put them in their own thread? Make a thread just for character profiles :D and then you can flat out post them, and they do not need to be in spoilers. One student per post! That will make it easier for editing too.

Offline Juggtacular

Dragons are generally a hierchy based culture. There is clans that have leaders, and very rarely do those clans have a leader that unites all of those clans. They generally stick within their own dragon breed, and inbreeding is not usually too common - but generally it is with humans. Remember, Dragons may be magical creatures, but they are also creatures that are habit forming. Most dragons were fiercely possessive of what they called their own, so clan meetings would not be called often given the nature of dragons. Usually family units were more prevelant.

Just my two cents and thoughts.

It wouldn't have been a group of leaders who united all the clans. It would essentially have been a basic group to cover overarching rules that all dragons live by so there wouldn't be anarchy when it came to arguments or disputes. And if there was a problem that couldn't be solved within a dragons home territory, they'd bring it to the council. Kinda like going to the Supreme Court because the local State Court wasn't getting the job done. The extent of their power would have basically been, "all dragons live by rules a-z, you break one of these rules and you can't solve it at home, bring it to us and we'll deliberate" They wouldn't have ruled by any means. But I removed it so no harm no foul.

Offline SweetRevenge

• Flip a coin; Horns or Halo?
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • I stand tall, for the world needs a new hero...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Alright, SweetRevenge, I've put your character in the OOC thread, so now you're officially in! I must admit, though, that it was not easy putting your form in. Adding yours exceeded the post's character limit, so I had to do some optimizations to the post. >>;
I have a suggestion, instead of putting the profiles in the OOC, how about you put them in their own thread? Make a thread just for character profiles :D and then you can flat out post them, and they do not need to be in spoilers. One student per post! That will make it easier for editing too.

I second this idea! I do that for nearly all my RP's, It's really handy and simple. Just a link you post up on the first post of an RP and voila, somewhere dedicated specifically for that. It also helps keep the page of the RP from stretching too much =D

I second this idea! I do that for nearly all my RP's, It's really handy and simple. Just a link you post up on the first post of an RP and voila, somewhere dedicated specifically for that. It also helps keep the page of the RP from stretching too much =D

I wanted the character profiles to be in the OOC thread because I thought that having all of our resources at the start of the thread was more convenient. Looking at it now, though, it's definitely not convenient for editing, especially not with the character count we have now.

SweetRevenge, though, your suggestion gave me an idea! I think I know a way we can have all our resources at the start of the OOC thread AND have a separate character thread. I can make the thread and then link not only that to the start of the OOC thread, but also individual character posts to it. You think that would work or might there be an even better way of pulling it off?

Oh yeah, and Juggtacular, I just looked through your character form and I see no problems now. You've been accepted! ;D

Offline Juggtacular

Sweet.

Sweet.

I'm really sorry for asking you to change and explain so much.

Offline Juggtacular

It's no problem.  ;D

All I request is that Aphelion get a room with a view...or a small mound of treasure in the corner. Either or works.

It's no problem.  ;D

All I request is that Aphelion get a room with a view...or a small mound of treasure in the corner. Either or works.

Can do! I'll add your form to the OOC thread now.

EDIT: Done! Here's the link to the thread.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:35:49 AM by TwilightGemini »

Offline SweetRevenge

• Flip a coin; Horns or Halo?
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • I stand tall, for the world needs a new hero...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
I wanted the character profiles to be in the OOC thread because I thought that having all of our resources at the start of the thread was more convenient. Looking at it now, though, it's definitely not convenient for editing, especially not with the character count we have now.

SweetRevenge, though, your suggestion gave me an idea! I think I know a way we can have all our resources at the start of the OOC thread AND have a separate character thread. I can make the thread and then link not only that to the start of the OOC thread, but also individual character posts to it. You think that would work or might there be an even better way of pulling it off?
Its a bit more work than required, but possible. To do so, however, you'd have to create the thread first, and everytime you post a new character, take the new link you formed right after posting, it'll add the scroll straight to that character. But like I said, it's a bit more tricky than simply making a page then putting up the link for said thread in the OOC