You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

February 27, 2021, 10:11:10 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: WH40000 - what's your opinion?  (Read 232846 times)

Offline TheGlyphstone

Re: WH40000 - what's your opinion?
« Reply #3550 on: January 29, 2021, 08:39:45 am »
They are as serious as anything else in the setting, which is to say exactly as much as you want them too. Take Trazyn above, for instance; when he steals 'interesting ' people for his museum,  he keeps them inside stasis fields, conscious and alive but frozen for eternity.

Generally,  the dynasties aren't really into killing stuff as a goal in and of itself. What they want is their territory back, that the Imperium has rudely built all over and colonized. The 5e Necron codex had one quote where a Necron Overlord very generously gave the humans a whole month to evacuate the hive world they had built on his planet, and its fifty billion residents. ;D

For Necrons What Kill Things, you have the Destroyer Cults. They're a smaller subfaction who believe all organic life should be exterminated, and tend to hire out as mercenaries to the Dynasty armies.Then there are Flayed Ones, necrons infected with an insanity-causing virus that was the last revenge of a murdered C'tan. They're terror troops who skin victims and wear the shredded hides like a grotesque costume, and even scare other Necrons because the Flayer Virus can be contagious.

The Necrons who aren't in a Destroyer Cult or infected by the Flayer Virus tend to be regretful or even melancholy about their immortality. It was a curse forced on most of them, very few willingly transformed into robots, and if there was any way to undo it they would have tried. So you can play them as very grim and serious too.. This is a big part of why Szarekh the Silent King is so determined to rally enough Necron forces to wipe out the Tyrants, because if all organic life is devoured he cannot do research for an eventual reversal of the biotransference.

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #3551 on: January 29, 2021, 09:48:49 am »
hehe, there was one book i got a while back.. Indomitus by Gav Thorpe. follows the necron really wel, and shows one of their lords as being... Fucked. guy takes new titles at the drop of a hat, major ego cause he is some distant relative to the silent king, and all in all acts like a spoiled imperial general. Showed a good bit of the destroyer cult, and how one of the plasmancers operates and feels. was a fairly decent book id say give a listen if your into necron VS imperium.

Offline BeorningTopic starter

« Reply #3552 on: February 23, 2021, 10:38:11 am »
Some random WH40K (and other wargaming) thoughts:

1. I hate speculators! I decided to sell my Indomitus Necrons (reason below). I sold it to a guy in one of the FB buy / sell groups. He messaged me today that he received the package, thanked me politely... and, a few hours later, I saw him offer these exact Necrons in the same group. For twice the price. Seriously? I know, there's nothing illegal about it, but... it's just tacky.

2. You know what else I hate? Brexit and its effects on GW ordering. I've preordered my DG codex over a month ago and I still haven't received it! And to think that, before Brexit, you could order a book in UK and have it in hand half a week later...

3. The reason I sold the Necrons? I realized I... just have too many armies already. I think? I have 7 (okay, one of them is *really* small) armies for Infinity, 4 AoS armies and 2-4 WH40K armies (depends on how to count them). It will take me years to assemble all of this, even without painting them... I think I've overextended myself...  :o  :o  :o